Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our OB dues

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DorisD

DorisD

Our OB dues - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2022 9:15 am

Oh, I'm sorry that Boomer can't work but I know he's thankful just to be alive. Hopefully he's now going to get disability so he'll have some income. Maybe at some point he'll be able to do some small part time jobs just to keep him busy and bring in a few dollars. The important thing for him now is to have a sense of purpose in life even if that means just walking someone's dog, or watering the lawn or volunteering at a soup kitchen. We all need to have a sense of purpose. If nothing else maybe he can just do household chores like dusting or vaccuming. I don't know how debilitated he is so maybe he can't do any of those things but even if he can't I'll bet his family is happy as hell that he's alive and I'm sure there is something he can do to make himself feel useful. Easy for me to say, I know. I'm faced with the same thing with Mammacita who is so limited in what she can do because of her poor vision. It's a challenge. She bakes things like banana bread to give out to people but now she can't do much of that and her other hobbies like jewelry making and gardening are also now almost impossible but thankfully she has books on tape from Services for the Blind and she can listen to NewsMax TV (she can hardly see Tv so she mostly just listens). I'm always trying to find things that she can do to keep her occupied and make her feel useful. It's hard. One thing she does is takes turns cooking dinner with a few of her neighbors so about once or twice a week its her turn to cook. They don't eat together, each person just comes and picks up their plate and goes home to eat...but when they are the ones cooking they bring Mom's plate over to her becuase of her age and poor vision. Anyway, I know Boomer cant do any of those things I'm just saying that I understand the challenge he's facing.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 2:22 pm

I am glad your eyes are better.
I am still getting adjusted to my glasses.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2022 4:59 pm

It takes awhile that’s for sure
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 6:06 pm

Unfortunately Boom can't do any of those things. He is like a person who had a stroke. His left side is sort of paralyzed. He has to have a cane or wheel chair to get around. He has a great spirit but once in awhile he gets depressed. Totally understandable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 7:14 pm

Oh geez, I didn't realize that, Connie. Yes it is entirely understandable that he would get depressed at times. I hope he knows how happy his family and friends are that he is still alive though.

Does he like to read? That has helped my mom when she is feeling down and unable to do anything that she used to do.

I'll tell you one thing...his good spirit will help him enormously. People with a good attitude do so much better than those with a negative attitude. Attitude and gratitude will get you thru. That's my motto.
Sounds like it's his too.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 12:49 am

Love you two.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2022 7:33 am

Oh Jude it so good to see a post from you! We've been worried about you!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2022 1:18 pm

At my latest book signing the owner gives those who come in a glass of iced tea. There are all different flavors. I didn't care for it. I like ice tea but I like regular ice tea not something that tastes like I am drinking the run off from a flower.
Coffee drinker.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 8:46 am

Good to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptySun May 01, 2022 8:12 pm

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=rougarou&c=books&hl=en_US&gl=US
Click on link. It will take you to ebooks. Drop down another line and click on the book you want to listen to and click on free sample.
This is a computerized voice so there is not much feeling.
Hugs
She is getting all my books into audio.
Love ya.
Perhaps you know someone who cannot read anymore. Now they can sit and listen.
Love you both.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyMon May 02, 2022 8:15 am

I've asked the Library for the Blind in NC about getting your books in their digital library, Jude. That would be another way to get your books out BUT I don't think the author makes any money from it.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 6:41 pm

Thanks anyway for trying. I sure do appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 7:20 pm

Well I’m going to keep asking because you never know…besides I told them your books would appeal to many people so hopefully that will interest them enough to check them out .
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 1:18 pm

If they can't do that they can talk about the audios.
Love you guys.
I wonder how Jack is doing these days?
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2022 3:47 pm

Good, I hope!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2022 2:50 pm

I hope so too.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2022 8:17 am

I wonder if she is still in touch with Donnie's girls. She did a lot for those little girls.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2022 5:10 pm

I know her and Donnie are still friends and still see each other as friends so I would assume the girls still keep in touch also. She is still selling jewelry on FB and doing rescues.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:30 pm

I’m glad to hear all of that Connie. Thanks for letting me know. I want her to be happy.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2022 1:13 am

That's our Jack.
Back to top Go down

Our OB dues
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ourboard4 :: Current Events :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: