Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our OB dues

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Our OB dues - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 2:17 pm

It is a bit scary. I still am holding out hope that there are a lot of democrats who do not favor or like what their party is doing and bring about change. Time will tell.

Jude!! Thanks for having my back on FB the other day. Of course she replied she was kidding. I don't think she was. I got to see Audrey the other day!! That bugger butt is getting bigger every day! She loves her little jumper seat. I don't know what else to call it. But you put her in it and it the seat swivels so she can play with what toys are on there and she can bounce. That's it! A bouncer! She will get bouncing so hard you think she's gonna fly right out!

Work was hectic as all get out this past week. Dan's M.I.L. passed away so he was off all week but Monday. Of course we had flat beds that needed loaded and other jobs that they wanted to go out also. Plus pulling regular orders and trucks delivering. He will be back tomorrow but off Tuesday because his F.I.L. has spinal cancer and they are running all kinds of tests and starting chemo/radiation. I have 2 jobs I still have to one schedule for pick up and the second I have to finish wrapping and weighing and getting quotes for pick up. Also had a truck come in with reels of wire in a truck! Not a flatbed. We couldn't get 2 off because we didn't have a tow motor big enough to get them off AND they were nailed to the bed of the truck and it took Justin and I over a hour to get the boards off and safely remove the reels. He had to call and rent a tow motor. It's still sitting at work. We were furious. Hamby Young (sister co.) project managers are to let us know if something is over 5000# so we can order a tow motor or they are to direct ship. And to let us know when they are delivering which none of it happened. UGH!!!

Saturday I had to mow and then the guys starting burning our burn piles so I helped them with that and today this morning I started the one back up to continue what we had left and then we got more done but by 1:30 I said I was done. I was shocked that 3 of the rug rats stayed by us. Drake, Peaches, Munchkin. Luna I don't know if she stayed in the house or not but I found her in the house when it was time to come in.

Speaking of the rug rats. I usually let them stay in the garage at night when it's the weekend. Well they had a field day!!! Obviously had a mouse with babies in the garage and man did they have fun! I found 3 dead in the house, 1 alive in the house, Peaches brought one in at 11pm last night and it went under the fridge so I moved the fridge out and said well since the floor is nasty and I should sweep the fan in the back I did that. LOL. So if I got it right I have thrown out about 10 baby mice. Friday night I was so tired I never even heard them running around chasing the mice. I do know that not one of them slept with me that night. They were having way too much fun.

Well I have to set up bills to pay and order some Christmas gifts that my Mom asked me to do on Amazon. Hope all is well with both of you and your families!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 7:17 pm

OMG I'm glad you got all the mice. Hahaha! Your fur babies did a good job!

Sorry to hear of Dan's loss...and now his sick FIL. That's a lot to handle in such a short time. I'll say a prayer for his family.

Can't believe they didn't give you a heads up on that truck load at work but it doesn't surprise me. Everyplace is so shorthanded these days and many who are working have no real work ethic so stuff like that is constantly happening. Hopefully it won't happen again. That sounds like backbreaking work. I sure hope it isn't as hot there as it has been here. I can't imagine you having to do all that in the blazing sun. Just try to hang in there til retirement Connie. Easy for me to say, I know. Maybe they will give you some kind of bonus or thank you for handling things so well when they were supposed to give you advance warning.

I've been watching the Nicolas Cruz trial. Whew that kid is sick as a tick and has been since birth. More on that later.

Well my son came down with Covid. He was sick for a week but when I heard from him two days ago he thought he was getting over it. All he took was over the counter cold meds.

Not much new to report here. I would say that my email seems to be working and so does my computer but I'm afraid if I say that I will jinx it so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut!

We're still feeding the deer but cutting back. We'll feed more in the winter. Poor things have very little area left to roam due to all the dang construction around here. The other day we had a baby sleeping in our yard all afternoon. Tonite we had two momma and three babies. They are so cute.

Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi, all.
Hope you both are doing well.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 7:25 pm

Thanks Jude! Hope you are doing well too. Is Rocker Dave still living with you and Darrell? I hope so. It's always nice to have your children under your roof...even when they are grown men!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 3:14 pm

We love our Mammacita.
Yes, Rocker Dave is still renting his studio from us.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Ornery I don't know what we could do without you.
I told Darrell about your saying Happy Anniversary to my sexy voiced man and The Jude. He laughed and said, " Yep, that's our Ornery.
I love you two.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 6:18 pm

Well I didn't realize it was your anniversary Jude. Happy happy to you and Darrell. I'm so glad you found each other!

Oh how I envy you having Rocker Dave with you. What I wouldn't give to have my son and Ping living with or near us.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 1:00 pm

I thought you both would get a kick out of that! Smile

Maybe one day you will have Travis and Ping closer.

Dan and I got slammed on Tuesday after Labor Day. We had a total of 101 pallets that came in. And 3 dedicated trucks that did not call to let us know they were coming. UGH!!! At least the day went fast. Dan's F.I.L. is not doing well. I don't know why the hospital is still going through with the radiation and chemo. It has spread to his brain. I think they would just have him go home and stay on the pain meds. Which he is eating like candy (oxy). I would not be surprised if he doesn't make it to the end of the month.

Sad to see the passing of Queen Elizabeth. 70 years reign. It will be interesting to see what happens now.

The rug rats are still bringing me mice. Not as many. LOL. Luna brought one in Friday night to my bed. Luckily Drake grabbed it when she let it go and took it to the living room where I was able to catch it in the net and throw it outside. It has rained since early this morning to about now which is okay. We really need the rain and it was a nice slow and steady rain so everything got a good soaking. Which was good timing on my part because I have moved some plants to better locations. Of course the digging irritated my bone spur in my heel. It's a bitch getting old!!!

Mom and Dad are headed to Branson Missouri on a bus trip. So I am checking on their cat and getting their mail. Other than that just trying to get stuff done before the four letter word starts!! I will have to see if I can get a picture of the baby fish on here.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 1:59 pm

I'm guessing the four letter word is COLD. haha! Yeah, it's coming but sooner for you than for me.

We've finally gotten some rain too. Yes, we needed it badly. Even so we could use a good solid week or more of rain since we are so far beyond normal levels.

Yes, Sad about QE II. I suspect her left wing son will make her spin in her grave at some point but for now he's behaving like he should under the circumstances. Glad to hear that Meghan Markle wasn't invited to Balmoral...she will probably say it was for racist reasons since she claims everything that happens in her life is racist. Barf. Harry made a bad choice. Wonder how long before they split.

So much going on here but don't have time to write it all. Think I told you all to keep your eye out for news on the Nikolas Cruz penalty trial. I've been following it as much as I can each day on You tube. Will talk more about it once the trial is over.

Connie it sounds like you have been working your butt off at work. I sure hope they realize how lucky they are to have you. They certainly wouldn't find anyone else with your work ethic.

Your cats bringing you mice reminds me of a dog we had that would bring us rabbits and small animals that he caught.  Good for you for being prepared with a net to catch it in! haha! Mammacitas cat bring her lizards into her bedroom and on the bed too. Ugh. I guess that is quite normal for cats.

Yesterday a hawk got a squirrel in our yard and dropped him by our side door. Poor squirrel had a broken back and was paralyzed but lived for over an hour. We frantically called all kind of wildlife rescue places but no one could get back to us in time. It was so sad watching it struggle and try to live. That damn hawk lives in our neighborhood and we once saw it try to pick up a rabbit...rabbit got away though...and another neighbor saw it try to pick up a cat! Cat got away but had a big scratch on hits head. I know hawks have to eat too but I just don't want to see it! Oh I almost forgot,,,another time I saw it swoop down and pick up a garden snake,,took it into a tree and started eating it. Ugh ugh ugh.

Think I told you that my son had Covid. He was sick for a week. Hopefully Ping wont get it now.

Mammacita's garbage disposal clunked out so tomorrow it's being replaced. She has the sweetest man in her neighborhood who has his own handyman business and he's going to install it. This guy is a conservative, Christian Trump supporter and he was the first one to come to mom's door when her Trump sigh was stolen and he brought her a new one. This guy has been in treatment for cancer that has spread thru out his body and he had to quit working several times because he was so sick, But he's on a new trial of drugs now and he's back at work. I pray to God he makes it. The sad thing is his wife was just diagnosed with leukemia so she is probably terminally ill also. I pray for both of them.

Connie, Dan's FIL probably still wants to keep fighting and that's why they are continuing treatment. They will continue until the day he dies if that's what he wants. So sad, I will add him to my prayer list.

Hope you girls have a good week!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 6:19 pm

How come I am the only one who comes here of late?
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 7:03 pm

Uh, Jude both Connie and I were on here yesterday! Very Happy

And I'm on here now!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 6:12 pm

Howdy.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 6:51 pm

How is The Jude doing these days? Writing like the wind I'll bet.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 pm

Sorry Jude. I don't know if it's because I have to use a pc all day and when I get home I don't feel like turning on the pc. I go outside and unwind with the rug rats. My neighbors had cut a few dead trees down on my property last week and they had it split so we got it stacked in the wood shed. Then Saturday they split more from last years cutting and we loaded that in the shed. It is almost full!! Dad has a couple down at his place and he will be doing that soon. I told him we have pallets left over from the pond redo and we can stack on that in front of the shed.

I came down with a cold it's going to be 2 weeks ago. Of course the first 2 days always knock me on my arse. I still have phlegm that I can't get rid of. So today I bought some Mucinex. Barely any coughing, no sore throat, dry but not sore. Mom and Dad gave it to me!! They went to Branson and she said people were sneezing and coughing on the way home. They were both down with it but worse. Of course my Dad is still coughing and my Mom is getting fed up with him because he won't keep taking meds and he has to have cataract surgery this week. And she told him they won't do it if he is sick but he don't believe her. MEN!!!!

I guess my brother got Covid, I would rather say the flu he just had a fever and lost taste and smell. I didn't get it. And even if I did I wouldn't tell anyone.

I mowed today and cleaned out leaves from the pond. The fish are starting to hide and I don't feed them anymore. The babies will come out now and then. We are expecting a frost tonight so pretty soon I will dead head the pond plants and take out the tropicals and net the pond. I have my potted plants yet to do but I can do that this week. It will be nice all week! Not very warm but no rain. Phew, we have 3 flat beds to load on Monday and Tuesday. I am hoping I won't have to mow anymore but I am thinking at least 1 more time.

Been using the wood burner since it gets cold at night but at least it stays warm in the house during the day. So no electric heat is on yet. It sucks I won't be able to hang clothes out anymore. It took 2 days for them to dry this weekend. Other than that not much is going on. Hope all is well with everyone. Glad Travis is feeling better. And glad to hear that Mammacita and you guys were good from the storm.

Talk to you all soon
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 6:58 pm

Well it sounds like you are getting ready for winter, Connie. Getting a nice pile of wood for your wood stove and preparing your pond and putting your flowers beds to bed. That's a lot of work but will be worth it in the long run. This winter you will be snug and warm in your house with your fur babies cuddled up next to you or in front of the wood stove. Can't believe another winter is almost here.

I'm sorry to hear your cold is still lingering. Colds are just awful. They make you feel completely miserable and they hang around forever. I hate them. Thankfully havne't had one for a while but I'm gonna knock wood right now so I don't jinx myself!

I remember days of hanging my clothes out on a line to dry. Best smell ever is sun dried clothes. Can't do it here because I don't have enough sunny area in my backyard. I guess I could do it on my deck if I could figure out a way to put up a clothes line. I remember years ago hanging clothes to dry at our old house and the clothes line was next to a wooded area and one day I got the worst case of chiggers from brushing up against some brush while hanging clothes. OMG chiggers, or Red Bug as some people call them, are horrible! No way you can stop that itch and the welts are just awful. Ugh. Now I know to never, ever brush up against brush when walking along a path or near a wooded area.

Weather here has turned pretty chilly at night (45 last nite) but sunny and warm during the day. Low 70s. Wish it would stay like this.

Still haven't heard from my friends in Sarasota and Venice and I worry about them. Heard tonite that the death toll form this storm is over 100 people. Ft Myers has been totally wiped out as well as Sanibel and Captiva. Those two were some of my favorite places in Fla. But Never ever would I have stayed on either if a hurricane was coming. Still I'm not blaming those who stayed because each person probably had a good reason and I'm sorry for any who died.
Tomorrow I go to the dentist and the next day I have to take Mammacita to her dentist. Ugh. Hate going to the dentist but it's one of those things we have to do.

The storm blew done a couple of tree limbs that I think might be perfect for Jon to make some reindeer for for our yard for Christmas. I'll show you a pic if he's able to do it. He made some for me years ago but they rotted out long ago and now I'd like a couple more. Wish me luck that he can do it.

By the way, Connie, the elephant ears made it thru the storm just fine! Pretty soon I'll have to bring them into my garage and put them in front of the window or dig them up and put them under the house in a box of peat moss. I think that's what you told me to do.... But I'm gonna wait and see what some people in my neighborhood do with theirs...they have some growing in their front yard so I'm going to see ig they dig them up and take them in or cover them somehow. Will let you know, Connie.

Have a good week everyone.

Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 6:04 pm

The best way to learn is to watch what the neighbor's do with their plants!! I have all but 1 plant in the garage drying. I forgot about my begonias. They are on the back porch in the shade and a bit protected from frost. They are still blooming and hate to take them in yet. But they are talking snow showers coming Monday- Weds. So they will be coming in soon. The pond is winterized. I got all the plants out, trimmed up and the net is on. Thank God for my neighbors helping with the net. I haven't even begun to touch the flower beds. I may just let them be since they are talking a bad winter. The foliage will keep them protected if we don't get a lot of snow. It's just messy cleaning in the spring because everything is so wet.

My cousin just moved to Fort Myers. I don't know if she is still in Fort Myers. I know she's on FB. I went to Sanibel Island a long time ago. It was very pretty. I do know the governor already has 1 road repaired and opened and are working on Sanibel next. And pretty much everybody had electricity very quickly. So much for those nay sayers. I also read where that kid you were talking about was sentenced. Now I see that a 15 year old was finally caught after shooting some people. I just don't get it.

The wood shed is full! We put some pallets down in front of the shed. Dad brought 2 loads over today and the guys have been splitting and they brought a bunch over. And there is still more.

Carp, I have an umbrella style clothes hanger. I fortunately had a pipe set in concrete on the property just laying on the ground so we used that to put in the ground and I put my umbrella hanger in there for stability. Then I take it down when I am finished. I already miss hanging my clothes out. Sigh....

Finally am over the cold. Mostly it was the sinus drainage and mucus. Had my eye appt and everything is still good. We had family pictures taken today. It was a bit chilly but at least it was sunny. I got to see my great niece. She is getting so heavy!!! She is now just scooting across the floor, no crawling yet. I think she may skip that and go straight to walking.

Going to listen to the Cleveland Indians game. I am not going to be politically correct and call them Guardians. We are playing the Yankees at home tonight. It is 1-1. We won Friday in the 10th. I so hope they beat them. The Yanks wanted a night game to cause more vociferous fans but we said no and the MLB said no. So that helped a lot. I can't stand the Yanks.

Hopefully I can concentrate on paying bills while listening to them. LOL!! I do hope you two ladies are doing fine and your families. So not ready for winter. But we have a gorgeous fall leaves this year!! Talk to you all soon!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 8:28 pm

I'm not ready for winter either Connie!

Well the neighbor with the elephant ears in her front yard as cut them all down to just a few inches above the ground. No mulch or anything on top of them. We'll see how they do over the winter but apparently they've been doing this for years since those plants were HUGE and not newly planted this year. Then I noticed another neighbor has some as well so I will see what he does with them. In the meantime mine are doing just fine. I may just cut them down and bring the entire pot into the garage for the winter and put them in front of the window so it gets light. Maybe water it once in a while over the winter. That's what I used to do with some of my out door potted plants and ferns and they survived..although looked pretty puny by the time Spring and warm weather returned.

Yeah Nikolas Cruz didn't get the death penalty after all. If you don't get the death penalty for deliberately shooting and killing 17 people...a crime he planned for years...then who in the hell does get the death penalty. Ahhhhh! Maddening. My friend did not have to testify in the trial after all although her report on him was read into testimony in court and she was quoted in court. She tested him when he was very young and she also met and interviewed his mother. She says he IS NOT mentally ill...he's just a manipulative killer.

Connie, it is so nice that you have good neighbors and your sweet Dad to help you. Now your pond is covered and your firewood is ready for winter. Those are hard jobs to do on your own. Thank goodness for the kind and helpful people in this world.

I hope your team wins and that you are able to get your bills paid without making a mistake. haha!

We are getting cold weather starting Tuesday but not as cold as you Connie and probably not as cold as Jude. Still its only a matter of time before the real cold hits. I'm worried about the gas bills to heat our house and Mammacita's house. I hear the price is expected to go up 28-30% this winter for gas heat. Thank you Brandon you senile imbecile.

Travis and Ping are trying to book a flight to come here for Christmas. I will be so happy when they get out of Taiwan. Hopefully they can leave there permanently soon. It will be so nice for them to be here for the holidays and also to for them to see Mammacita.

Jon and I have been going over to Mammacita's house almost everyday to help her with something. Her vision is so bad now that even simple things she can't fix so we have to go over there. Of course we do all her grocery shopping and things like that for her too. The other day she told me her portable phone wasn't working so we went over there thinking it might need batteries but turns out the 'off' button had just gotten stuck but she couldn't see it so she thought the phone was dead. It took me about 2 seconds to fix it but I had to drive all the way over there to do it. But that's okay because that's what we do for our loved ones.

Nothing else interesting to report so I won't bore you all anymore. Hope the two of you have a good weekend!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2022 1:26 pm

I quit drinking and smoking.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2022 10:07 am

Good for you Jude! What brought this on? Just decided to try some clean living?? haha.

I gave up smoking years and years ago. It was not hard to do since I wasn't much of a smoker to begin with. As for drinking I drank socially when I was younger but rarely drank at all after I had my son. Then a few years ago I started to drink a half a glass of wine sometimes with dinner and I still do that. But  I only do that because I stopped drinking soda or iced tea with sugar substitutes and I don't really like water and I needed something to drink with dinner. But I'm thinking that instead of wine I'll start drinking what I drink at lunch...cranberry juice cocktail mixed half with water. Just something slightly sweet and better than plain water.

Anyway, congrats to you Jude. I really applaud you.

Nothing much interesting to report on this end. The other day we were at Mammacitas and I noticed it felt really cold in her house but I just chalked it up to the cold weather. We left and on the way home Jon and I started talking about how cold her house was so we turned around and went back to check on it. As soon as I saw the thermostat I knew the heat was broken so we called the AC guy we had used before and even though it was a Saturday he was there within an hour. Turns out it was just a blown fuse from when Jon installed a new talking thermostat back in June. He had done something wrong and it caused a fuse to blow when we turned on the heat. The AC guy didn't even charge us!

I felt so terrible because Mom had been telling me for several days that she was really cold and I kept telling her to put on warmer clothes. I had set her thermostat on a certain temp and told her to try to stay at that temp in order to keep her heat bill down. It never occurred to me that the heat wasn't going on!! So she had gone for days during a very cold spell with no heat at all! I felt so bad when I realized what was going on. So I learned a good lesson....if she complains of being cold I need to go over right away and check her thermostat (or have a neighbor do it) to be sure the heat is actually working.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 7:30 am

Good for you Jude. I hope you continue to do so. I of course still drink my Pepsi. It's a love hate thing I guess. LOL.

I am truly blessed to have such good neighbors. I actually tell them it's like having 2 older brothers. I bought a tarp for the wood that is outside of the shed (there are 2 on there but they are short and have holes) and I was just going to throw it over the old ones and put brick on it to hold it. Nope. Blain had to go buy hooks and he put the hooks up and then put the tarp on. And he found old metal posts/stakes in the woods from the neighbors side and he had to sand them down and paint them. So if I need them to hold the wood in place I have them. I know it's mostly because they need something to do.

Like you Carp I quit smoking years ago and also was a light smoker. Would smoke at the bars and parties but rarely smoked at home. So it was easy for me to quit. I occasionally drink. Like last night. Matt and Jess have a Halloween party so I had a couple cups of beer. Which was nice because my back wasn't hurting all night and it's okay right now. Plus I slept the whole night!! Usually I am tossing and turning to find a good spot for my back. I am thinking of finding another dr. I now I have arthritis in my back but I feel the back pain is more the disc than the arthritis.

On the elephant ears do the neighbors have them in full sun? Check next year and I bet you can plant yours in the ground and keep them in the ground so it would be less work carrying in a pot. I know when I have to cut mine back I have to use my limb pruners!! I would love for my elephant ears to get huge but I have only seen 1 somewhere that were huge and I don't know how they did it.

Poor Mammacita!! That will teach you! I know you feel bad on that one. Thankfully the furnace guy didn't charge you. That was nice of him. I have been using the wood burner and because we have had some nice fall weather the furnace hasn't kicked on yet. The kids have been enjoying this late fall weather also. Except they think in the morning they can go out but it is still cold and Peaches and Munchkin turn around and come back in the house. Drake and Luna don't seem to mind as much.

Other than that not much is going on. Garrettsville has it's Christmas Walk starting next month for 2 weekends and I think my s.i.l. and niece are going to go with me and Mom and maybe some more people than the weekend next we are going to Kraynak's in PA which has a beautiful Christmas display of trees with themes inside that they change every year.

Have a good one ladies.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 2:27 pm

Connie, Blaine and his brother really are angels to do so much for you and look after you. I know you do nice things for them as well so it works out well. Its so nice to have that kind of relationship with neighbors. I always say that being nice to people, even strangers, costs you nothing but brings big rewards.

Yes, the giant elephant ears in my neighbors yard down the street from me were in full sun this year. Last year they were in the shade of a giant tree but that tree was struck by lightning and they had it cut down. I never noticed the elephant ears before but I did after that tree was gone so I kept an eye on them all summer. They did great in the sun so if they come up okay in the Spring them I will plant mine in the ground. IN the meantime I will bring the pot into my garage before the first frost and place in in front of the window. If it starts to look bad I'll cut it off a few inches above the ground like my neighbors did but as of now the stalks and leaves are healthy and green. I love looking out at them from my kitchen window. Bets of all the deer dont' touch them. I've seen the deer sniff them but then they just walk on by.

So here's my next Mammacita story...she's doing well, by the way...but she had a basel cell cancer on her jawline (it's not melanoma) that the dermatologist wanted to have removed so they scheduled MOHS surgery for her. You may already know that that is a type of surgery where they remove the tumor/affected area and then cut away a little extra area around it and test to be sure margins are clear and they got all the cancer cells. If the margins are clear then they sew you up, but if they aren't they cut some more and test again. They keep doing this until the margins are clear meaning they got all the cancer. So it takes a long time for the surgery to be finished. I took Mammacita in for her 1pm appt and we left a little after 4pm. Her face was all bandaged so I didn't realize until later that her incision ran from the corner of her mouth all the way over her jawline to a little below. Sheesh! It was a long incision! Anyway, when we left the surgeons office they gave her a sheet on care instrcutions and told her to come back next week for stitches to be removed. As soon as we walked in the door there was a message on her machine to call the Dr's office.....wait a minute....I thin I already told you all this story! OMG my brain must be on vacation...Okay, I'll stop now since you already heard about it. Sorry for the brain fog. I guess I need to get some of those pills that advertise on TV for memory loss. Haha!

So here is some new news...it looks like Travis and Ping will be here for Christmas! Yayyy! They are scheduled to arrive on 12/15 and then leave for NYC on 12/29. It will be so nice to have them both here this year. Last year we didn't even see Travis because of the damned virus and China's closed borders.
So that means I'll have to get to work soon baking and decorating. Last year I didn't do anything.

Well it will be interesting to see what happens in the midterms. I see that already Pennsylvania has mailed out 250 thousand ballots to unidentified people. sigh. Still trying to cheat I guess. Have either of you seen the video 2,000 MULES about the last election? I'm ordering it for a Christmas present for Mammacita. Also been meaning to ask if either of you are on Trump's Truth Social?

Keeping my fingers crossed that things turn around in our country otherwise we might as well be living in China.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Um, Carp.. I don't recall Mammacita's story about her stitches. I do know about trying to get her pain pills and it was the weekend. I knew she was going in for the surgery but not that she had the surgery. Smile

Yep, if I was you I would plant those elephant ears next year in the ground and not worry about them!! Glad that the deer don't like them. Mine are always on the front porch. I never gave it a thought about the deer. We are having 70 degree weather! A bit windy but we were out but the rug rats wanted in so I opened my computer room window and enjoying the weather this way. All the fish are out swimming around also.

Was supposed to go on the Christmas walk today but my s.i.l. and brother had to put down their cat yesterday. So I am going with 2 of my best friends from childhood and one of their mothers and a mutual friend. Which might be a good thing since today is so nice everybody might be going today since it's the first weekend.

No I keep forgetting to go on Trump's site. I really should check it out. I have heard of the video but have not seen it yet. Jackie sent a good one but the only thing with FB is you can't send it outside of the site. I also have a good one of Drake last night. I had a ziploc bag with pretzels and he would not let me take any of them out of the bag. Every time I would try to get in the bag he would put his paw on the bag and keep me from getting any. I posted it on FB. It was cute.

I am so excited for you that Ping and Travis get to come home for Christmas!!!! You and Jon's spirits will be on high. Don't go spoiling those boys!! LOL! I'm afraid to ask but are they still trying to get their cats home? Have a wonderful time with them. And we will know we won't hear from you.

Rumor has it that Trump is going to announce his running again. Have you two heard anything? Not sure if it was a reliable news source or not. First time ever I will be voting in person. After the ballots being messed with the last time I am not taking any chances. I just got to remember to go.

I stayed up last night cleaning house. I swept,dusted, washed floors, made sure no cobwebs were in the corners of the rooms and ceilings! It's a motivator when you have friends coming over. LOL. Plus my "older brothers" are in W.Va. closing up their cabin so I am not helping them with wood or leaves and when I do that I sure don't feel like cleaning house.

Jude, how goes the no smoking and drinking? I so hope you can keep those habits away!

I hope one of you bought a powerball ticket!! I am in my sweat pants and old t-shirt and am too lazy to run into town and buy one. Sigh....

I will have to try and post a picture on here of the nutcrackers I got cleaned up. I don't know why posting pictures on here aren't turning out right. I guess I am loosing my touch. I hope most of them sell in the store with the Christmas walk. Dan did tell me they found more in the basement but he didn't mention if he was going to bring them in or not. Oh, I did buy 2 big ones from them but I found one that is a musical one. I am keeping that one for all the cleaning I did. I was surprised it still worked.

Other than that I don't think I have forgotten anything. The rug rats and I are doing fine. My parents are doing well. And Audrey will be 11 mths old on the 16th. Wow, where did that time go???
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 1:08 pm

Our OB dues - Page 5 20221010
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 1:15 pm

Our OB dues - Page 5 20221011

Don't know why it's sideways. Wasn't that way downloading it. UGH!!!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 6:05 pm

Omg I must be losing my mind because I could have sworn I posted about my moms face surgery. She had a Basel cell skin cancer, not melanoma and not a deadly cancer, but it had to be removed. The darn incision was about 4 inches long and went from the corner of the mouth diagonally over her jaw bone. But it was MOHS surgery and the Dr. Is really good so she’ll barely have a scar. She’s doing well.

Those nutcrackers are so pretty! They look great. You did a wonderful job on the, Connie. They should sell well.

I’m so sorry about your brothers cat. Heartbreaking to have to do that. No wonder they didn’t feel like going on the Christmas watch.

Hope you have fun when you do go. I would love to do something like that. Wish so bad I lived near you so I could go!

Jude, like Connie I hope you’re doing well with your de ision to stop smoking and drinking.

Connie I would love to see thafur baby of yours trying to keep you from opening that pretzel baggie. I’ll bet it was so cute. Mamma it’s cat does something like that too.

Well since you’ve cleaned your house so well now you can come clean mine. Haha,

Yes very excited about Travis and Ping coming for Christmas. I’ll be so happy to have them here. Yes I will probably spoil them by cooking all their favorites, etc. I’ll be exhausted but will love every minute of it.
And yes they are still trying to get the cats out of Shanghai. They are still with
Ping’s cousin and they finally have all the required shots so now it’s a matter of money and finding someone to bring them on the plane. I haven’t asked about them lately because it’s so upsetting for them and I’m afraid to bring it up.

As for Trump declaring he’s going to run again I’m hearing on Newsmax and Daily wire that he will announce on November 14 after his daughters wedding.

Like you I’m voting in person on Tuesday. I have no doubt the Dims will try to cheat again so who knows what will happen. It’s scary to think of what will happen to this country if the Dims aren’t stopped.
Well I’m going to cut this short since I’m not used to typing on this iPad and my hand is cramping.
Hope you both are having a great weekend… getting ready to watch Trumps rally in a few minutes and another one tomorrow! Yayy!
Back to top Go down

Our OB dues
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ourboard4 :: Current Events :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: