Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our OB dues

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Our OB dues - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 2:17 pm

It is a bit scary. I still am holding out hope that there are a lot of democrats who do not favor or like what their party is doing and bring about change. Time will tell.

Jude!! Thanks for having my back on FB the other day. Of course she replied she was kidding. I don't think she was. I got to see Audrey the other day!! That bugger butt is getting bigger every day! She loves her little jumper seat. I don't know what else to call it. But you put her in it and it the seat swivels so she can play with what toys are on there and she can bounce. That's it! A bouncer! She will get bouncing so hard you think she's gonna fly right out!

Work was hectic as all get out this past week. Dan's M.I.L. passed away so he was off all week but Monday. Of course we had flat beds that needed loaded and other jobs that they wanted to go out also. Plus pulling regular orders and trucks delivering. He will be back tomorrow but off Tuesday because his F.I.L. has spinal cancer and they are running all kinds of tests and starting chemo/radiation. I have 2 jobs I still have to one schedule for pick up and the second I have to finish wrapping and weighing and getting quotes for pick up. Also had a truck come in with reels of wire in a truck! Not a flatbed. We couldn't get 2 off because we didn't have a tow motor big enough to get them off AND they were nailed to the bed of the truck and it took Justin and I over a hour to get the boards off and safely remove the reels. He had to call and rent a tow motor. It's still sitting at work. We were furious. Hamby Young (sister co.) project managers are to let us know if something is over 5000# so we can order a tow motor or they are to direct ship. And to let us know when they are delivering which none of it happened. UGH!!!

Saturday I had to mow and then the guys starting burning our burn piles so I helped them with that and today this morning I started the one back up to continue what we had left and then we got more done but by 1:30 I said I was done. I was shocked that 3 of the rug rats stayed by us. Drake, Peaches, Munchkin. Luna I don't know if she stayed in the house or not but I found her in the house when it was time to come in.

Speaking of the rug rats. I usually let them stay in the garage at night when it's the weekend. Well they had a field day!!! Obviously had a mouse with babies in the garage and man did they have fun! I found 3 dead in the house, 1 alive in the house, Peaches brought one in at 11pm last night and it went under the fridge so I moved the fridge out and said well since the floor is nasty and I should sweep the fan in the back I did that. LOL. So if I got it right I have thrown out about 10 baby mice. Friday night I was so tired I never even heard them running around chasing the mice. I do know that not one of them slept with me that night. They were having way too much fun.

Well I have to set up bills to pay and order some Christmas gifts that my Mom asked me to do on Amazon. Hope all is well with both of you and your families!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 7:17 pm

OMG I'm glad you got all the mice. Hahaha! Your fur babies did a good job!

Sorry to hear of Dan's loss...and now his sick FIL. That's a lot to handle in such a short time. I'll say a prayer for his family.

Can't believe they didn't give you a heads up on that truck load at work but it doesn't surprise me. Everyplace is so shorthanded these days and many who are working have no real work ethic so stuff like that is constantly happening. Hopefully it won't happen again. That sounds like backbreaking work. I sure hope it isn't as hot there as it has been here. I can't imagine you having to do all that in the blazing sun. Just try to hang in there til retirement Connie. Easy for me to say, I know. Maybe they will give you some kind of bonus or thank you for handling things so well when they were supposed to give you advance warning.

I've been watching the Nicolas Cruz trial. Whew that kid is sick as a tick and has been since birth. More on that later.

Well my son came down with Covid. He was sick for a week but when I heard from him two days ago he thought he was getting over it. All he took was over the counter cold meds.

Not much new to report here. I would say that my email seems to be working and so does my computer but I'm afraid if I say that I will jinx it so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut!

We're still feeding the deer but cutting back. We'll feed more in the winter. Poor things have very little area left to roam due to all the dang construction around here. The other day we had a baby sleeping in our yard all afternoon. Tonite we had two momma and three babies. They are so cute.

Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi, all.
Hope you both are doing well.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 7:25 pm

Thanks Jude! Hope you are doing well too. Is Rocker Dave still living with you and Darrell? I hope so. It's always nice to have your children under your roof...even when they are grown men!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 3:14 pm

We love our Mammacita.
Yes, Rocker Dave is still renting his studio from us.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Ornery I don't know what we could do without you.
I told Darrell about your saying Happy Anniversary to my sexy voiced man and The Jude. He laughed and said, " Yep, that's our Ornery.
I love you two.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 6:18 pm

Well I didn't realize it was your anniversary Jude. Happy happy to you and Darrell. I'm so glad you found each other!

Oh how I envy you having Rocker Dave with you. What I wouldn't give to have my son and Ping living with or near us.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 1:00 pm

I thought you both would get a kick out of that! Smile

Maybe one day you will have Travis and Ping closer.

Dan and I got slammed on Tuesday after Labor Day. We had a total of 101 pallets that came in. And 3 dedicated trucks that did not call to let us know they were coming. UGH!!! At least the day went fast. Dan's F.I.L. is not doing well. I don't know why the hospital is still going through with the radiation and chemo. It has spread to his brain. I think they would just have him go home and stay on the pain meds. Which he is eating like candy (oxy). I would not be surprised if he doesn't make it to the end of the month.

Sad to see the passing of Queen Elizabeth. 70 years reign. It will be interesting to see what happens now.

The rug rats are still bringing me mice. Not as many. LOL. Luna brought one in Friday night to my bed. Luckily Drake grabbed it when she let it go and took it to the living room where I was able to catch it in the net and throw it outside. It has rained since early this morning to about now which is okay. We really need the rain and it was a nice slow and steady rain so everything got a good soaking. Which was good timing on my part because I have moved some plants to better locations. Of course the digging irritated my bone spur in my heel. It's a bitch getting old!!!

Mom and Dad are headed to Branson Missouri on a bus trip. So I am checking on their cat and getting their mail. Other than that just trying to get stuff done before the four letter word starts!! I will have to see if I can get a picture of the baby fish on here.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 1:59 pm

I'm guessing the four letter word is COLD. haha! Yeah, it's coming but sooner for you than for me.

We've finally gotten some rain too. Yes, we needed it badly. Even so we could use a good solid week or more of rain since we are so far beyond normal levels.

Yes, Sad about QE II. I suspect her left wing son will make her spin in her grave at some point but for now he's behaving like he should under the circumstances. Glad to hear that Meghan Markle wasn't invited to Balmoral...she will probably say it was for racist reasons since she claims everything that happens in her life is racist. Barf. Harry made a bad choice. Wonder how long before they split.

So much going on here but don't have time to write it all. Think I told you all to keep your eye out for news on the Nikolas Cruz penalty trial. I've been following it as much as I can each day on You tube. Will talk more about it once the trial is over.

Connie it sounds like you have been working your butt off at work. I sure hope they realize how lucky they are to have you. They certainly wouldn't find anyone else with your work ethic.

Your cats bringing you mice reminds me of a dog we had that would bring us rabbits and small animals that he caught.  Good for you for being prepared with a net to catch it in! haha! Mammacitas cat bring her lizards into her bedroom and on the bed too. Ugh. I guess that is quite normal for cats.

Yesterday a hawk got a squirrel in our yard and dropped him by our side door. Poor squirrel had a broken back and was paralyzed but lived for over an hour. We frantically called all kind of wildlife rescue places but no one could get back to us in time. It was so sad watching it struggle and try to live. That damn hawk lives in our neighborhood and we once saw it try to pick up a rabbit...rabbit got away though...and another neighbor saw it try to pick up a cat! Cat got away but had a big scratch on hits head. I know hawks have to eat too but I just don't want to see it! Oh I almost forgot,,,another time I saw it swoop down and pick up a garden snake,,took it into a tree and started eating it. Ugh ugh ugh.

Think I told you that my son had Covid. He was sick for a week. Hopefully Ping wont get it now.

Mammacita's garbage disposal clunked out so tomorrow it's being replaced. She has the sweetest man in her neighborhood who has his own handyman business and he's going to install it. This guy is a conservative, Christian Trump supporter and he was the first one to come to mom's door when her Trump sigh was stolen and he brought her a new one. This guy has been in treatment for cancer that has spread thru out his body and he had to quit working several times because he was so sick, But he's on a new trial of drugs now and he's back at work. I pray to God he makes it. The sad thing is his wife was just diagnosed with leukemia so she is probably terminally ill also. I pray for both of them.

Connie, Dan's FIL probably still wants to keep fighting and that's why they are continuing treatment. They will continue until the day he dies if that's what he wants. So sad, I will add him to my prayer list.

Hope you girls have a good week!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 6:19 pm

How come I am the only one who comes here of late?
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 7:03 pm

Uh, Jude both Connie and I were on here yesterday! Very Happy

And I'm on here now!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 6:12 pm

Howdy.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 6:51 pm

How is The Jude doing these days? Writing like the wind I'll bet.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 pm

Sorry Jude. I don't know if it's because I have to use a pc all day and when I get home I don't feel like turning on the pc. I go outside and unwind with the rug rats. My neighbors had cut a few dead trees down on my property last week and they had it split so we got it stacked in the wood shed. Then Saturday they split more from last years cutting and we loaded that in the shed. It is almost full!! Dad has a couple down at his place and he will be doing that soon. I told him we have pallets left over from the pond redo and we can stack on that in front of the shed.

I came down with a cold it's going to be 2 weeks ago. Of course the first 2 days always knock me on my arse. I still have phlegm that I can't get rid of. So today I bought some Mucinex. Barely any coughing, no sore throat, dry but not sore. Mom and Dad gave it to me!! They went to Branson and she said people were sneezing and coughing on the way home. They were both down with it but worse. Of course my Dad is still coughing and my Mom is getting fed up with him because he won't keep taking meds and he has to have cataract surgery this week. And she told him they won't do it if he is sick but he don't believe her. MEN!!!!

I guess my brother got Covid, I would rather say the flu he just had a fever and lost taste and smell. I didn't get it. And even if I did I wouldn't tell anyone.

I mowed today and cleaned out leaves from the pond. The fish are starting to hide and I don't feed them anymore. The babies will come out now and then. We are expecting a frost tonight so pretty soon I will dead head the pond plants and take out the tropicals and net the pond. I have my potted plants yet to do but I can do that this week. It will be nice all week! Not very warm but no rain. Phew, we have 3 flat beds to load on Monday and Tuesday. I am hoping I won't have to mow anymore but I am thinking at least 1 more time.

Been using the wood burner since it gets cold at night but at least it stays warm in the house during the day. So no electric heat is on yet. It sucks I won't be able to hang clothes out anymore. It took 2 days for them to dry this weekend. Other than that not much is going on. Hope all is well with everyone. Glad Travis is feeling better. And glad to hear that Mammacita and you guys were good from the storm.

Talk to you all soon
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Our OB dues   Our OB dues - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2022 6:58 pm

Well it sounds like you are getting ready for winter, Connie. Getting a nice pile of wood for your wood stove and preparing your pond and putting your flowers beds to bed. That's a lot of work but will be worth it in the long run. This winter you will be snug and warm in your house with your fur babies cuddled up next to you or in front of the wood stove. Can't believe another winter is almost here.

I'm sorry to hear your cold is still lingering. Colds are just awful. They make you feel completely miserable and they hang around forever. I hate them. Thankfully havne't had one for a while but I'm gonna knock wood right now so I don't jinx myself!

I remember days of hanging my clothes out on a line to dry. Best smell ever is sun dried clothes. Can't do it here because I don't have enough sunny area in my backyard. I guess I could do it on my deck if I could figure out a way to put up a clothes line. I remember years ago hanging clothes to dry at our old house and the clothes line was next to a wooded area and one day I got the worst case of chiggers from brushing up against some brush while hanging clothes. OMG chiggers, or Red Bug as some people call them, are horrible! No way you can stop that itch and the welts are just awful. Ugh. Now I know to never, ever brush up against brush when walking along a path or near a wooded area.

Weather here has turned pretty chilly at night (45 last nite) but sunny and warm during the day. Low 70s. Wish it would stay like this.

Still haven't heard from my friends in Sarasota and Venice and I worry about them. Heard tonite that the death toll form this storm is over 100 people. Ft Myers has been totally wiped out as well as Sanibel and Captiva. Those two were some of my favorite places in Fla. But Never ever would I have stayed on either if a hurricane was coming. Still I'm not blaming those who stayed because each person probably had a good reason and I'm sorry for any who died.
Tomorrow I go to the dentist and the next day I have to take Mammacita to her dentist. Ugh. Hate going to the dentist but it's one of those things we have to do.

The storm blew done a couple of tree limbs that I think might be perfect for Jon to make some reindeer for for our yard for Christmas. I'll show you a pic if he's able to do it. He made some for me years ago but they rotted out long ago and now I'd like a couple more. Wish me luck that he can do it.

By the way, Connie, the elephant ears made it thru the storm just fine! Pretty soon I'll have to bring them into my garage and put them in front of the window or dig them up and put them under the house in a box of peat moss. I think that's what you told me to do.... But I'm gonna wait and see what some people in my neighborhood do with theirs...they have some growing in their front yard so I'm going to see ig they dig them up and take them in or cover them somehow. Will let you know, Connie.

Have a good week everyone.

Back to top Go down

Our OB dues
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ourboard4 :: Current Events :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: