Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Love this Christian song

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DorisD

DorisD

Love this Christian song - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 7:50 pm

Well, not always but thanks anyway. I like to be helpful but often times I probably just come across as a bossy know-it-all...when in truth I don't know as much as I think I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 2:10 pm

Munchkin was still in 5th place so I know she did not make the next round. Which is okay. My friend's son had a pet raccoon. He was very friendly. He died not too long ago. His name was Blue. He was huge!!! But they can be mean in the wild.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Yes, I have heard that if a raccoon is raised by humans they can be good pets. They're smart as hell. The mean ones I'm talking about are wild ones. And when I say mean I don't meant they will attack you (unless they are rabid) I mean they will fight like hell if you corner them or trap them in a cage.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Bunch of updates. Jude knows the first one because of FB. I had another mink? attack my fish. I lost all the big ones. I have 2 babies that survived right now. I do not know if the Shubunkins made it. They were really tiny and can hide much better. I am so pissed. Don't know about setting a trap now that most of the fish are gone. The mink could have moved on by now. I don't know what I will do now about getting fish anymore.

My best friend's husband has been diagnosed with cancer. He has a size of a kiwi in his lung and it's stage 4. Plus they believe it has spread to his brain. He has more testing coming up to determine for sure or not. And will also start chemo or radiation. And they are also talking about gamma radiation. I am just stunned. Please keep Kim and "Boom" David in your prayers. I told her if she needed anything to not hesitate. No matter what time of the day.

We had to trap Raven. He was limping really bad on his front right leg. We caught him today and the lady who released him in the first place took him to her vet. He actually was almost done healing. They figure a raccoon or another cat got into it with Raven. So he got antibiotics and something else plus shots. He is 10 lbs. We thought he would be heavier. The vet would like him back next year for booster shots but she told them that it would be highly doubtful that we could trap him again. They said for being a feral he was very healthy. They took x-rays also and didn't charge her. He was not a happy camper. LOL.

She brought him back after work so we for the first time got to see him up close. He was not very happy again. LOL. So she released him and he ran for the ravine. But at least he is back home and is doing well.

And Carp when I feel up to it I will check out the links you sent. Tomorrow Jim is coming over to pull the stumps by the pond. I took down the 2 arborvitae so the pond can be redone plus it was blocking the wood shed. What a difference it made. I will have to try to down load the pictures to show you. I like it being open again. Didn't realize how much it blocked that side of the yard.

Ladies, have a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:42 pm

OMGosh so much news from Connie.
First of all I am so sorry for your friends husband.I'm putting 'Boom' Dave's name in my God jar and I will pray for him every day. I just said one in fact. I hope and pray it has not spread. I'm so so sorry. Please keep us posted. I hope that he may be eligible for some of the new treatments they have now for lung cancer. It all depends on exactly what kind you have but some people have done really well on the new drugs. In fact a friend of our had lung cancer that had spread to his brain and that was several years ago and he's still doing well. However, it all depends on the type of lung cancer and things like that. Our friend had the type that responded well to the new drugs and maybe Dave will too. I hope that's the case.

Oh that is so nice that you all were able to trap Raven and get him treated. I'm sure he was mad as hell! haha! But who knows maybe he can be trapped again next year since he knows you'll let him go...or maybe not. At any rate it's good to hear he's healthy. I so wish you could get an electrical cord out to his little house because then you could put an electrically heated pad in there and I would gladly look for an affordable one and chip in. Also heated bowls would keep his food and water from freezing.
But that little kitty is so lucky to have all of you taking such good care of him and I know those self heating pads work good. Heck, he wouldn't be in the good shape that he is if it weren't for you and your co-workers. Over all Raven is a lucky kitty.

Speaking of stray cats, the one who was sneaking into Mammacita's house and sleeping/eating there this winter has stopped coming. We think he has a home somewhere. Mom still sees him walking thru her yard but he hasn't come in to sleep (that she knows of) for weeks and the last few times he did come in he wouldn't eat the food she put out for him. So he must have another place to go becuase he didn't come in during the last few rainy, icy, 20 degree days.

Oh I'm so sorry the damn mink got your little fish! That is infuriating! Is there some kind of chicken wire you could put over the top of it or something like that? Probably wouldn't work and it would also probably be too expensive. I'm sorry Connie. Your fish were so pretty. I don't blame you for rethinking whether or not you want to get any more.

Yes, removing a big tree or bush can sure change the look of things and open up the yard. I hate having anything cut down but sometimes you have to and ten you realize how much better it makees things look.

Today we spent half the day over at Mammacita's putting insulation on her garage door. Got it halfway done. Tomorrow we'll go back to finish it off. It's a pain in the neck and exhausting but it should help her garage stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer and that will make her two cats happy since that's where their litter boxes are! Also they like to sleep out there sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Damn old mink. Poor fish. That had to make you pissed really bad. And I don't blame you.
Dave is now in my prayers  I sure hope he can be healed quickly. That is something to hold close to the heart about your friend doing so well with having lung cancer, Little Buddy.
I was really in hopes of Munchkin winning the pot.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Is the contest over? Oh damn Munchkin deserves to win!

Just finished at Mammacita's. Jon and I are bone tired and sore as hell. That was a lot of work for two old coots like us!

Heading for the bed with a heating pad....
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 6:08 pm

You better take it easier.
Love to all.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Oh I am...my bones and sore joints will make sure of that. haha!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:34 pm

Teri and I decided that we will not trap Raven again. He has lost the trust with Teri who feeds him every day. Plus he has survived this long without shots and vet visits I don't see why he can't stay that way.

Thank you both for keeping Boom in your prayers. He went Friday for the brain biopsy. He is doing okay, has to rest for a couple weeks. I don't know when they will have the results. I might stop after work sometime this week just to say hi.

I am thinking of netting the whole pond this winter and pull the pump out so the waterfall doesn't run and then I can put brick on top of the netting where I can't put a pin in. And double up along the stream bed to the pond. I want to talk to my pond lady about all that when ever she sets up my pond rebuild.

Jon and you recover from insulating? You don't think it would wear you out but it does. Jude how you doing? I hope someone has taken in the stray that visited your Mom. And yes the contested ended. Munchkin stayed in 5th place. It was fun while it lasted.

My Drake is 10 years old this month. And for the first time he came in around 2:30pm and went to sleep!!! We were out at 9am. One sign of him showing his age. Sigh.... He is sleeping on the computer desk in the sun while I am on here. I ended up cleaning up a small wooded area out back and took the sticks for kindling for this winter. Pretty much have all my barrels full already. Hopefully some of the bigger stuff I will cut tomorrow and put in the wood shed.

Well I am starving and need to check the other threads. Just so glad we are slowly getting warmer weather!!!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:30 pm

Well, I understand why you don't want to try to trap Raven again. It's really stressful for the animal and hard on the humans too. Hopefully he will regain his trust in Terry since she feeds him. That way if he ever gets sick or injured she might, just might be able to get close enough to catch him. Maybe. But as long as he is fed and has a warm waterproof house he is probably happy.

We think Alfie,the stray, that was coming into Mammacita's house earlier this winter has found a home because he's stopped coming to her house regularly and the last few times he came he wouldn't eat the food she put out for him and he'd only stay a few minutes. Then two days ago we were under severe thunderstorm and tornado threat and Alfie came into Mom's house (he always 'announces' himself when he comes in by meowing loudly) and lay down in the middle of her dining room floor, so she put down a bowl of food for him and he just sniffed it and walked away. A few minutes later he was gone so he either left or hid under some furniture because she couldn't find him anywhere. He hasn't been back since and that was two days ago. He didn't look skinny or sick when she saw him so we're pretty sure he has a home...or at least someplace to eat and someplace warm to sleep becuase he didn't show up during some of the coldest, wettest days of winter.

Probably a good idea to cover the pond with a net next winter otherwise that darn mink, or other critters, will probably come back for more of your fish. I'll be interested to hear what your pond lady has to say about it. I hate that you had to lose some of your fish Connie. That hurts.

Yes, it sounds like Drake is getting older and prefers sleeping in the sun in a safe warm house to prowling and playing in the yard. He knows where he has it made. Haha!

Yeah, I was surprised at how much work it was to insulate that garage door. Of course it would have been a lot easier if we'd had the proper tools for cutting it. The first day we were down on our knees on the garage floor trying to cut the darn Styrofoam and we about killed our knees and joints. The second day we set up tables by placing boards on saw horses and we used different blades and knives to cut thru the styrofoam but even so we still didn't have the proper cutting tools and it was hard and took us a long time. We got it all done now but we still have to cut thin strips for the top part of each panel to hold it more firmly in place. We thought we could get by with just extra strips on the bottom to hold the larger panels in place but unfortunately they aren't enough and we need them on the top too. So when the weather warms up a little we'll finish up but at least in the meantime it's basically all insulated even if we didn't do the top strips.

So how was your weekend Jude? Is your cat still getting up on the roof of your house?
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 5:57 pm

Love this Christian song - Page 4 20210311
Love this Christian song - Page 4 20210310
Love this Christian song - Page 4 Origin10

Before and after pictures. The bird's nest spruce and juniper at the top of the pond were pulled today. I hated pulling the spruce but it was getting too big for the area and of course it interfered with the expansion. I plan on buying another one in the future to place on the property. I really loved that spruce!!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 7:10 pm

Connie I know you hated to do it but sometimes you have to. We had to cut down a big beautiful tree that we loved a few years ago because it was too close to the house and it was beginning to die...so they said... after cutting it down we realized that it had years to go before it would have died BUT it was still too close to the house and a bad storm could have caused it to fall on the house. It broke my heart to do it, but after the first season change we never even noticed it was gone. So if/when you plant something else where the spruce and juniper were you will not miss them for long.

Damn your yard is beautiful! No wonder you aren't on here as often when winter is over...it must take every spare minute of your time to maintain such a big beautiful yard.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 3:44 pm

Yes, Boomer is still in my prayers. I so hope he gets better real soon
That is so good of you and Jon to help and take care of Mammacita. Some families would not turn a hand. It is getting bad anymore.
I love the pictures of your outside, Ornery. No wonder you are so happy there.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Jude, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't help my mother. None of us on here could.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 pm

I know this is true, but there are some who could care less.
Can you imagine how liberals treat their families with so much coldness in their hearts?
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 1:15 pm

Those people care only about power and control and they'll crush anyone in their way, even their own family members.

By the way, even though none of us on here are racists our old posts on the topic of racism, politics, Obama, etc. would be enough for the Left to attack us. I wonder if we should delete all old posts? I know this is a closed forum but someone new might come on or visit and go back and read old posts and accuse us of being something we're not. Crazy world we live in now...we have to worry about every word that comes out of our mouth and every word we write.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 am

Honestly? I don't care if they read these posts. It is the God's honest truth. But if you 2 are worried I can delete the threads.

Helped a little bit with the other neighbor. His son came over with a huge blower on wheels and we blew the pine needles into a line and then used the tractor with a shovel to push them to his burn pile. We had some really high winds the other day. I lost a dead ash in the middle of my small woods and it landed right across the small "pond" that fills in the spring then almost dries up in the summer. I can walk across it now. LOL. The cats will love that when they find it. Some how ended up with poison ivy last week. UGH!!! Especially between two fingers at the webbing. Side of my neck and my arms. I had a my coat on so I am thinking either Drake or Luna. Welcome spring! LOL

Today it's raining so catching up with stuff inside. Been finding all kinds of bulbs around the pond and relocating them. Every time I think I got them all I see a new piece of green!!!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 10:19 am

Here is a new one ladies!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 1:00 pm

I'm not really worried Connie, I just hate for anything we've said to be turned into something it never was. Now days anything you say can be construed as racist because we are white and according to the Left that automatically means we are racist. There is no way to win against an accusation like that because basically they're saying we are evil/racist because of our skin color. Pardon me if I'm wrong but isn't THAT the very definition of racism??? I guess reverse racism is okay though.

Sounds like you have been really busy getting ready for spring. We have so many weeds...chickweed, I think, popping up all over. Heck if we kill it all we'll probably have nothing green left! haha!

I'll bet your fur babies will have a ball crossing that log over your little pond. Are you going to leave it there?

Nice neighbor to help you out like that with his blower. That must have saved you a ton of work. And speaking of yard work I'm sorry to hear you got poison ivy. That stuff is awful. We have a lot of poison oak around here as well as poison ivy. When we first moved in we had big, thick, vines of it growing up our trees.

We're expecting another day of bad weather. This will be the third time this week we're under tornado watch and warning. Hope it will be the last for a looong time.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 1:39 pm

OMG I LOVED that song Connie! Thank you so much for posting it. I’m going to copy and email it to myself so I can keep it
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 5:51 pm

We have a chance of snow tonight. UGH. But that is mother nature for you. I will probably leave the tree across the "pond". Unless my neighbors get bored and haul it out of there. I told Blain that the cats like to walk across it so maybe him and Donnie will leave it. I am disappointed in my new neighbor. He now wants the rest of the pine trees down. 14 of them. His excuse is he is afraid that they may fall and hit my house. The chances of that is very slim. The wind doesn't blow from that way. He just doesn't like all the pine needles on the ground and wants to plant grass. What kind of made me mad was he didn't talk to me but made his son call me. And more irritating was the fact is I saw him leave his house and I know he went to his son's down the road and within 5 minutes his son called me. Then 5 minutes after that they returned to his house so his son could drive back his back hoe. Just too coincidental. He asked if the pine trees were on my property which I had told them both a few times that the trees were on his dads property. And then he preceded to ask me if he could take them down. I said the trees are on your dads property but I will be planting arborvitae because I don't like it open.

My other neighbor said I should have told him no. I said nope. He cut the branches off so high that every car coming down the road sees my house and it's way too open for me. So I will plant arborvitae on my property and I won't have to see the road. So as soon as those pine trees come down I will start buying them.

And I haven't told you two about the guy who bought the property across the street from us. It's about 300 acres. He has already had words with a guy on Stanley Rd. My road is off of that road. He has had words with Wayne (cat killer dogs), and with Donnie. I guess he has been giving our township a hard time also. Anyways, Jim came over to finish brush hogging my property. On the way out he thought he would do Donnie a favor by brush hogging across the street because Donnie mows across the road to keep it looking nice and so does Wayne. Donnie also does a little bit of mine. I have the ditch starting on that side. Well the guy calls the sheriff to complain that someone brush hogged the weeds.

So the Sheriff comes over to Donnie's house because the guy said that it was probably Donnie. Oh, before that Dad comes over with a load of wood and we unloaded it in my garage. When we got done there was a 4 wheeler/side by side sitting across the road with 2 guys in there watching us. My Dad was afraid to leave. So he sat in his truck and I stood beside it and we just stared right back at them. They finally move. I told Dad I would go mention it to Blain and Donnie to keep an eye out. Well that is when I saw the sheriff at the other end of the guys property on Stanley. I went out back with the kids and when we made our way back up the sheriff was at Donnie's. And the sheriff said someone brush hogged that guys ditch. I completely forgot about Jim at this time. And he is trying to let it grow to keep the snowmobiles and 4 wheelers out.

We all said the only 4 wheelers that we ever see is him. And the sheriff said he has video and posted on FB and who ever rode on his property saw it and apologized. I almost told the sheriff what a bunch of shit that was. If the guy did that he would have to have friends who saw this video and it would be his friends who drove on his property. No stranger would just happen to see his video on FB and say it was them. Plus he told the sheriff that he planted trees all along the edge of the property. I said he is a liar no one has planted any trees. Donnie told the sheriff that this road was his drive way when he built here and that this road is in wrong and we own 30 feet across from the road. The sheriff said he looked it up and that isn't true. How can the sheriff check the land lines on a Sunday???

And then Donnie's son said it was a black and yellow tractor that brush hogged the ditch. Then it hit us that it was Jim. So we had to call Jim and the sheriff had to go to his house and talk to him. I said he only did it as a neighborly thing. The sheriff said he wouldn't be in trouble but he has to tell him not to do it again. And Donnie told the sheriff that if he thinks we are the ones who tore his No dumping sign down he is wrong. The wind took it down and we stopped some kids from stealing it. The sheriff was pretty well defending this guy and I said when you go back and talk to him you tell him that they better quit staring at me from across the street and he said that isn't part of this situation and if it happens again to call them. I said no it is part of this situation and you better tell them.

So what does this asshole do now??? He drags down trees from the woods and put them across the ditch that Donnie has mowed for years from part of my property all the way down from Donnie's property. Now it looks like crap over there. We are hoping because Ohio Edison saw this when they were checking lines and they took pictures and wrote down the numbers on the poles so they can see who they service. Blain told them what happened and they were like he has them in our way. Poles have to have 10-15' clearance for them to work on them. We haven't heard anything since. But then
the asshole told the township he wanted a ditch dug because his property floods. One where it floods is a low area, duh.... and two why should they when it's on his property and not the easement?? He wanted them to clear the culvert that runs under the road and the township absolutely refused saying if they opened that then the houses across the street would flood. I guess then they did start to dig a ditch for the asshole but this part I don't get. His wife complained that it would make the property look bad so the township went back and back filled it in. And asshole is mad now. But supposedly the township doesn't like the trees laying on the ground and that asshole is breaking his own no dumping sign rule. Still haven't heard what will happen now. But he lost a big pine tree with our strong winds the other day. Guess where he drug it to?? Yep, right in front of Donnie's. Our neighborhood is going to hell in a hand basket. Sigh.....
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 8:32 am

You know there's always one idiot who has to start trouble. All the years you and Donnie, Jim and Wayne have lived there and things were okay (except for the killer dogs) and now a new person moves in and starts all kinds of trouble. Maybe the 4 of you should get together and complain to the township about the overgrown weeds and dead trees along the road on his property. OR maybe a better idea would be to first go to him nicely and ask if there's some way you could work this out. Tell him you understand his concerns, blah blah blah and see if maybe he'll be nice and allow that area to be mowed and move the trees so it won't look bad. Is it possible he could plant something there that would look nice while at the same time keep the 4 wheelers away? I know there weren't any 4 wheelers but since he claimed there were you could suggest that as a way to solve the problem.

Ya know there's always gotta be one a hole who messes it up for everyone! I feel for you Connie.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 1:04 pm

Good morning to ya.
Yes, I love the song too. She is very talented.
Too bad you had to have a real prick move near. He is probably going to be a pain in the all from here on out.
I could not care less if we leave all that has been said on here. This is our posting place and anyone who does not like it can go  spit.
That does not include you, Little Buddy.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Hahahaha! Jude you have a way with words! Hahahaha! Ok so leave it all up Connie cuz I don't care either. We haven't said or done anything wrong. Hell, we're already considered racist by some just because we're white.

So do you ladies have any suggestions for how to introduce a new cat to the house? We're thinking of getting another cat because Izzy is so sad without Sam. But I have heard cats can be very picky about accepting a new cat.
Back to top Go down

Love this Christian song
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next