Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Love this Christian song

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Love this Christian song - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 4:34 pm

I know they say you should keep them separated in rooms and let them sniff under the door to get used to each other but I just bring them in and deal with it. Eventually they accept each other. Love this Christian song - Page 5 1f645
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 7:46 pm

I've heard the same thing Connie, but Mammacita does the same as you do. I'm still not sure I'm going to get another one just yet. I no longer have a pet sitter and if Jon and I want to go visit our son or travel anywhere I have no one to look after my cat and I don't want to add another cat and make it even harder to find someone to watch them. Looking after two is more work than looking after one.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 6:43 pm

I sure don't. Ornery?
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 9:21 pm

Weird that I clicked on "View post since last visit" and it showed none but there were two. Hmmm.

Too bad Carp you don't have a pet sitting service. A lady I used to work with started one up after Loreal closed. I feel guilty if I leave my kids for too long. I would babysit if I wasn't so far away.

A lot going on here. My lease is almost up on my suv. Trying for like 1 hour to find my pay off amount on the ford site and it says right were to go but it's not there. UGH!!!! Then my neighbor and I found a baby squirrel walking around his driveway and I said it's acting weird. Well it's because their eyes weren't open yet!! It must have fell out of the nest and the mamma never came back. We thought it was in one of there trees and I could see a nest in the tree but the opening wasn't big enough to be able to get the squirrel in there. So we put it in a towel and put it in a tree next to the nest that was hollowed out hoping the mamma would come back. We had a storm come through and the poor thing was soaked. So Blain took it in and kept it over night. We tried every website, game warden ( 1 day to get back to you), etc. Nothing!!! Finally Blain (which I don't know why he didn't do this in the first place) called his brother. His brother's daughter has raised rescued squirrels and other animals. So he dropped it off there and he said it is drinking the milk it needs and so far so good!!! I know they can be a nuisance but when they are little you just feel sorry for them.

Then the boss at work had a guy come out to his rental property for a roof quote and he gave Dan and I his card. The guy guarantees his work for 10 years plus whatever shingles or metal roof warranty there is. So Dan got a quote and will be getting his roof done soon. Now his wife (lied) and said that they couldn't pay the quote he gave them and said the truck doesn't run (it does) so the guy lowered the price. I'm sorry, I can't do that. BUT, it was cheaper for me to go with a metal roof than shingles. Plus they quoted me for leaf guards. So I will be getting a metal roof. I accepted his offer but I need to trade in my suv in first before the car company sees that I have another loan out. I did ask about cell phone reception and he said he hasn't had any complaints about it. He said if I metal siding along with a metal roof then he could see issues.

I take Peaches to the vet on Thursday for her teeth to be cleaned and of course my vet doesn't do it which is in town so I have to go to their other place which is like 20 minutes away. I have to take the day off to do this. I can just imagine what they are going to charge me for this. I didn't even ask because I know she needs them cleaned. I did decide this will be the last time because I don't want her to be put to sleep every time they need cleaned plus her age will be a factor soon. The other rug rats are doing fine. They are enjoying the nice warm weather. I ended up mowing today to get rid of some tall areas plus it is raining tonight which means the grass is going to grow now!!

I haven't seen 3 of my fish in weeks. Sigh.... I found a snake by the stream bed and part of it's stomach (?) had a bulge. Don't know if it got a frog or toad. So I used the neighbor's grab stick and took it to the woods. If it comes back I will have to kill it. Not any good luck around the pond this year.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. Went to my brothers and had a nice day and time. We had brunch so it was nice to get home earlier and just do nothing. How are the 2 of you?

Can't wait to see if Jude's plant blooms this year!!!!

Well I am starting to wind down and getting sleepy. I will try and not be away for so long.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:57 am

Wow, you do have a lot going on Connie! Sheesh I don't know where to start...haha.

Yeah, I wish we lived close enough to help each other out with pet sitting as well as just hanging out together. We all have much in common and it would be nice to be around like minded people that we trust.

I'm still looking for a pet sitter. I know there one out there somewhere it's juts a matter of finding them. sigh. I too feel guilty when I leave my cats...well now it's just one cat...especially since he is so attached to me after a year of me staying home most of the time.

I hope you can get an answer about your car payoff soon Connie. These big companies make it so hard to get anything done. You'd think they would realize that good customer service pays off in the long run but the truth is very few companies really care about that anymore.

Oh I'm glad you found someone to take care of the baby squirrel. I know they are nothing but rats with bushy tails and can cause a lot of damage but I still wouldn't want one to suffer. I'm guessing it either fell out of the nest, was accidentally pushed out or some other critter tried to take off with it. Maybe a hawk or even a raccoon. Poor little thing. At least now it has a chance at surviving.

Wow that's great that you can get a metal roof for less than a shingle roof! And get gutter guards too. Good for you! That will give you years of peace of mind knowing you won't be facing that big expense for a looong time. Don't they last for something like 50 years?

Peaches is not going to like getting her teeth cleaned, that's for sure. I'm embarrassed to say I've never had my cats teeth cleaned. It's all I can do to get them in for their yearly rabies shots. haha! Now I feel guilty that I haven't done it.

Wonder where your three fish are? Could they just be hiding? Oh I hope they're okay. That snake couldn't have eaten them could it? I know snakes can swim and I have seen copperheads UNDER WATER slithering around in the stream by Mammacita's but I don't know if they eat fish. Hope not.

We had a very quiet Easter. Just JOn and I. Mammacita wanted to stay home so we brought Easter dinner over to her. It was very relaxed and stress free but quiet. I'm glad to hear that you got together with your family Connie. It sounds like you had a good holiday. I'll bet The Jude had a nice one with her family too.

We are in the middle of pollen season here and it is awful. Sunny days but everything is coated with greenish yellow pollen. ugh. I keep my windows closed and try not to go outside. The weather is cool one minute and warm the next. Its that in between time of year that makes it hard to know what to wear when you get up. But I'm not gonna complain because soon enough it will hot as Hades and I will miss the cool air.

Skyped with our son in Shanghai yesterday and we got to see his two new cats. They are sooo cute two brothers that are black and white and look like twins except one has long hair and the other has short hair! Otherwise their color and markings are mirror images of each other.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Had a great Easter.
I would worry about having a stranger in my house when I was gone speaking of a pet sitter.
I am so anxious to see my Irisis.
Been busy editing my new book.
Love to all.
The Jude
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Me too Jude and that's why I dont' have a pet sitter. sigh.

Can't wait for your next book to come out!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Let's see if I can remember to answer all the questions without scrolling back up. LOL. Yes, the snake can and will eat fish. It was a garter snake. Haven't seen it for awhile, hoping it moved on. I did find my 3 baby fish plus a friend I went to high school with has a very small pond (hard plastic liner) and she brought me 8 fish!!! 3 are Koi and 5 are goldfish. I am so excited!!! Now the 3 babies are more comfortable swimming around. The one Koi is red and white. It is so pretty!! If I can I will take pictures.

I went to a Kia dealer by me and the finance dept. told me they could not take my Ford Escape as a trade in. Why you ask?? Because Ford is the only company that won't allow it. I either have to turn it in and pay $395.00 (taxes, or some other b.s), lease another vehicle, or buy it. Isn't that a bunch of crap??? Hopefully Monday, Justin will still want to go to the other Kia dealer by him that also has a Ford dealership and see what they say. I won't lease or buy a Ford from them ever again. Justin is hoping we can go to the Kia dealer first and see what they would buy it for then go to the Ford dealer and purchase it and then go back to the Kia dealer. Will talk to him more on Monday.

I sent my down payment for the metal roof on Friday so hopefully sometime this week I will hear from him to schedule the roof. I know he was starting to get booked for the year. Hoping it gets done before fall. I was surprised it was cheaper than shingles. Plus he guarantees his work for 10 years plus the metal roof itself which is 40 years. I hope the leaf guards do the job because I don't want to be on the roof if it's metal. The only time I will have to be hopefully is to make sure the wood burner stove pipe screen is not clogged.

The baby squirrel is doing great. Eating like crazy. As soon as it's able to crack nuts on it's own she will bring it back and release it. Travis and Ping's cats sound so adorable! Funny how one has long hair and the other does not. Peaches had her teeth cleaned and it will be the last time. First they wanted blood work done which would have cost $104.00. Then they wanted to do a panorama dental x-ray which I don't remember the exact cost on that and IF she had have any teeth pulled they would have to put a flap over the holes to seal it because of the bacteria cats have. This all would have been over $500.00!!! I said No! It still cost me $202.00 for just the teeth cleaning. They called when she was still under anesthesia because they said her one molar has gingivitis and they don't know if there was anything else with that tooth and only could see if they got an xray. I said no. I told the vet tech that they are my kids but they are also still a pet. I am the sole money maker and if she looses her teeth she'll get canned cat food for the rest of her life. And people wonder why no one wants to adopt pets anymore. It's too damn expensive!!!!

Just curious Carp. If you Skyped your son does the Chinese listen on that? Random thought popped in my head.

Keep working on that new book Jude!!!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 2:53 pm

I'll answer last question first...the short answer is no because he has a VPN on his computer that makes his internet use invisible. We put one on our tablet when we went to China too. Without it we/he wouldn't be able to get access to Google or any of their apps because China strictly monitors and censors the internet and they don't allow Google, among others. So anyway that's what he uses when he calls us. He also has it on his phone because that's the device he mostly uses to Skype with us since the Chinese internet signals/connections are so weak and sketchy. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Still we are careful what we say when we talk to him.

Yes, one of the cats is long haired and the other short haired. NiNi and KiKi. They drive him crazy because they are wild at night running & jumping all over the place as they play and they also attack his legs as he walks around the apt. I'll send you pics of them, if I can remember. I sent you all pics of us in China, didn't I? If not I will, if you want.

Okay that really sucks about your car. I swear car dealerships, and big corporations in general, don't give a damn about their customers. All they care about is figuring out how to get as much money as possible from us. I am so sorry you have to go thru all that BS Connie. I hope to goodness the Kia dealer will work with you some way. I'll be interested to hear what happens so let us know.

Ohhhh, your new fish sound so pretty. I love those red and white ones. It must be so peaceful for you to sit by your pond and watch the fish. Sounds like heaven to me, especially surrounded by your pretty landscaping. I swear when I win the lottery I'm hiring you to do a landscape design for our yard and I'm hiring Darrell to be our handyman and Jude to entertain us all with her stories!

Right now our area is covered in a thick layer of pollen and I hate it. The dogwoods are blooming and the azaleas are also staring to bloom. The money plants in my natural area didn't come back as much as in past years but they're blooming this year too. So are all the stinky wild onions. My lenten roses all made it thru the winter and it looks like some of the seeds I planted last year might be coming up although I'm not sure about that. I don't want to go out and investiagte until all the pollen is washed away because of my allergies.

Mammacitas has her vegetable garden in and things are sprouting like crazy. I just hope she didn't do it too early. I told her to wait til Mother's Day (that's what the local old wives tale says) but she never can wait that long. We'll see if she was right or wrong. Either way I told her this is the last year for her to have a vegetable garden. Too much work for her and she always over does it and then suffers in pain. Right now she's going to physical therapy 2x a week because of over doing it and ending up in so much pain she could hardly get out of bed. Next year I told her to just throw out flower seeds instead and see what happens.

Well, I hope they get to work on your new metal roof before it gets too hot out. I sure wouldn't want to be working on a metal roof in the middle of summer! haha! But they are probably used to it. What color did you get?

Okay Jude you're next. What kind of trouble have you been getting into??
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 6:49 pm

I'm glad to hear that you have a way of being more secure when you talk to Travis. I don't recall any pictures of you all in China. And don't forget the cats!! Your Mom and I would so get along!!! I over do it too. I ended up putting some pots in my shed and covering the ones on the front porch for a couple weeks because of the cold weather we got. Hoping the tropicals make it. I did end up buying a back brace but it moves too much when I do bend over or move a lot so I put it on after being outside. That seems to help.

I am grateful that I do not have any pollen allergies!!! Kia did come through for me!!! They ended up buying out my lease that also had 2 payments left AND gave me $1,000.00 on top!!! So I have a 2021 Kia Sportage!! Steel graygrey. I ended up not liking the Seltos like I thought I would. Plus they only had 1 left. So I am leasing again for 3 years. The reason I think they could do this is the dealership Preston has Ford, Kia, and Chrysler so I think he had room to finagle. I really like the Kia so much more than the Ford.

Love this Christian song - Page 5 20210410
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 6:53 pm

Forgot the other answers. I am thinking brown or charcoal (more of a dark grey). Leaning towards the brown for the roof. I hope to hear from him soon for scheduling. He has received my down payment. I hope your Lenten roses seeds did make it! That would be awesome!! So far everything looks like it made it for me. Except for what I bought in January. Which is always a risk but when the bulbs are 80% off sometimes you take the chance.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Okay I will email you pics of us in China and also pics of Travis and Pings cats. I’ll also try to send a pic or two of Mammacitas birthday parade.

Yes you and mom would get along cuz she loves gardening. And she’d get along with Jude cuz she also loves psychic stuff. Heck everyone gets along with my mom, even the teen age kids in the neighborhood go over to see her.

Your new car is so pretty Connie! Yay that they worked out a good deal with you. What a relief for you. I’m really glad.

Your choice of color for your new roof sounds good. I hope they can get you scheduled soon.

We had rain all day so hopefully all the pollen was washed away and allergy season is on the way out. Then I can go out in my back yard and see if the lenton rose seeds sprouted.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 3:28 pm

Nice looking car.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2021 6:12 pm

Yes, it is. I'm glad for you Connie.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat May 01, 2021 5:30 pm

Thanks ladies. So far I still like it. A few minor things that I don't like but overall I can handle it. We had a lot of rain the last few days. UGH!! Hopefully I can mow tomorrow. Today I wanted to have an extra day for it to dry a bit more. Was able to hang my clothes on the line!! Also putzed around the gardens. I ended up pulling some daffodils out from the flowerbeds because they were getting to big and not blooming and covering up some perennials.

I just keep putting the extras in the woods. Smile Changes are coming at work. Not official but we heard that we are loosing AEP (American Electric Power) and getting Ohio Power. Which means we get rid of a lot of heavy stuff but we will be very slow now. Still need two warehouse people because of using tow motors and vacations. Dan and I won't miss AEP. They are so demanding and "snotty". I just keep telling myself 3 1/2 more years!! But if it stays slow and light weight picking I may stay a bit longer.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySat May 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Oh I love hanging clothes out to dry. Can’t do it at this house but I always did it in other houses. Nothing smells better than clothes dried on the line. I even like the scratchiness of towels dried by hanging in the sun. Oh and line dried sheets are the best!

Well I hope things slow down enough at work that you decide whether or not to retire in 3 1/2 years Connie because that will mean those last years weren’t so bad. Either way those years will go by faster than you think. Just look at how long we’ve had this site! The years seem to fly by so fast...but maybe that’s just me.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:38 pm

No, years are flying by.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 7:14 pm

Too fast, if you ask me!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySun May 09, 2021 9:10 am

I took off Friday because AEP was going to be down for 2 days and we wouldn't have any orders. Not sure about incoming but Teri texted me and said that Justin hasn't been officially told but we did lose AEP and that he will be boss of Dan and I plus Hamby Young. Which I know those people will not like. LOL. The guy who is manager over there is supposedly going to move to PA. And that Justin will answer to MaryAnn who is a boss at Hamby Young. Don't know how those 2 will get along. Not sure how I feel about all of this. Part of it is we will be doing more of their crap because none of them are back in the office plus if we are slow that means more of their jobs will be coming back to our warehouse. Sigh....
I won't know more because Justin is on vacation for the next 3 days.

I also love my towels on the line too! They are so much more absorbent when hung on the line. Of course not this weekend! Rain, rain, rain. At least Saturday we were able to go out a couple of times between the cold and rain. Then this morning we were out very early but by 8:30 it started drizzling. So we are in. It is suppose to rain all day. Couldn't mow because of how wet it is and it's going to be a mess when I can. I pulled more daffodils out of the flowerbeds and transplanted them out back. I love daffodils but when they get too big they cover everything.

And my neighbor is getting ready to tear down the rest of the pine trees. Mad Sad Sad So I will be looking for arborvitae very soon! I am not going to have my side open to the road and no privacy.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptySun May 09, 2021 1:31 pm

Dang, I hate to see trees cut down unless it's absolutely necessary. Our neighbor wanted us to cut down our pine trees because he hated the pine needles that dropped onto his property but we wouldn't cut them down. Eventually one got a disease...and fell on his deck!... and another one was leaning toward the roof of his house so those two had to be cut down and in their place we planted two leyland cypress. The other two pine trees are still standing.

I love arborvitae's. They will make a beautiful privacy shield, Connie.

By the way, do you know if gladiola's have to be dug up for the winter or can they stay in the ground?

We aren't getting rain this week end but we had plenty in the past few weeks and it's coming back tomorrow. Very windy and chilly right now.

Sounds like lots of changes coming at work Connie but I'll keep my fingers crossed it turns out to be for the good. Change is always scary and unsettling until you get used to it. Let us kow what Justin has to say about all this.

Yes, I think sun dried towels absorb better too. I know some people don't like the scratchiness of them but I do. Like my sheets sun dried too.

So Mammacita is pretty much bedridden with pain. MRI on Saturday morning and Tues we go to the Dr for the results. Keep your fingers crossed that this is something they can control without surgery. I know it's nerve pain and that's not good but I'm praying that maybe epidurals will be able to control it. I've been trying to work out a medication schedule that keeps the pain under control but so far haven't been successful. They aren't giving her strong pain killers because of the opioid epidemic. It's hard to watch someone you love suffer.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 3:33 pm

That is not good cutting down trees.  I love trees and I know you want your privacy. I don't blame you.
Oh no!  I am so sorry to hear this about our Mammacita. (((((Mammacita))))
Please keep us posted and give her a big kiss on her cheek and a hug. She is not in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyMon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Thank you Jude. She can use the prayers...all she can get actually.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyWed May 12, 2021 9:16 pm

God knows this is true.
(((Mammacita hugs and smoochers)))
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Sorry to hear that Mammacita is having pain issues. I hope she is doing better now. I will add her to my prayers at night. For Gladiolus, I leave mine in the ground and they are not suppose to be winter hardy for my zone. You are more south so they should be fine in the ground all year. I just planted a bit more deeply than what they say to do. And no official word yet about loosing AEP but we know we did. Ohio has now ended the mask mandate but the stores say if you have been vaccinated you don't have to wear one in their store but if you haven't you have to wear a mask. Well guess what? They can't ask anyone if we have had shots because that goes against the Hippa law!!! HA HA HA HAAA.

And unemployment ends at the end of June so those lazy people will have to go back to work!!!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Love this Christian song   Love this Christian song - Page 5 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 7:26 pm

I am so fed up with all the bS.
Back to top Go down

Love this Christian song
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next