Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!! Hoping you can all enjoy this time with family.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Thanks10
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyTue Nov 24, 2020 6:40 pm

It will probably just be me and Jon for Thanksgiving. I have invited Mammacita but she may decide to just stay home and if so I will bring dinner over to her. I'm hoping she'll come over though. She is so bummed over the election and all the lockdown baloney that she is getting really down. She said she might just want to stay home in her pj's and relax all day. If so I will bring her a nice meal with her favorite dessert and a nice bottle of wine! Heck I wish someone would bring me a meal with wine and dessert while I hang out in my pj's with Jon and my cat! haha!

Can you believe they are telling people not to have Thanksgiving??? The Governor of Oregon is telling people to call the police on anyone they see having more than 6 people over! Other Governors are saying that everyone INSIDE your house has to wear a mask. This is complete BS. People should be allowed to make their own decision on how many people to have over and whether or not to wear a mask INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME. Are you two as scared as I am over what is happening?

Christmas is next. They will try to cancel that too, I'll bet.

By the way, Alfie has become so friendly with Mom and wants her to pet him! We have a trap in her dining room where she usually feeds him but we're waiting til after Thanksgiving to set the trap. For now she is putting his food in it and he goes right in to eat. We want him to get used to the trap so it will be easier to trap him. The only trouble is he's starting to want to eat  in the kitchen with her two cats. Oh and by the way, he hasn't showed up for the past two days so we don't know whats going on. Hopefully it means he is happily staying at someone else's house and not that something has happened to him.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyWed Nov 25, 2020 6:46 pm

I hope Mammacita will feel better.
That is so cute, Ornery.
Happy Thanksgiving to you both and I hope you have a great day.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 10:44 am

Same to both of you. I hope you have a wonderful day and a yummy meal.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 9:37 am

Our asshole Governor said the same thing. We didn't wear masks. Unfortunately my cousin and some of her family from Cincinnati did not come up or my cousin and her family in Georgia. Each of them had a co worker who tested positive. Sigh.... So it was a quiet Thanksgiving but still nice.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyFri Nov 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Ours was very quiet too. Jon and I ate and then brought a plate....make that several plates....over to Mammacita's. We also brought her a bottle of wine and dessert and two of her favorite cherry filled stollens.

We had a standing rib roast with roast potatoes and asparagus with peach cobbler for dessert.

After dinner we did some online Black Friday shopping and got some great deals without having to leave the house.

Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 6:22 pm

Standing rib roast! I love that meat. Mom used to make it for Christmas but now that my sister in law does Christmas we don't get it. It is what it is.

Cherry filled stollens? I love cherry anything. What are they?   Let's see if I can post my Christmas tree. Tried twice and the pictures look the right way until I upload them here then they are sideways. I don't get it. Sigh...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! 20201121

Happy Thanksgiving!!! 20201120
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 6:24 pm

Couldn't make them bigger. And if you click on them you can see them bigger but then they are sideways. Sigh....
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 6:57 pm

Oh my gosh Connie your tree is beautiful! It looks like something out of a magazine! And I use colored lights too. Although last year because of Jon's injured hand we put up an artificial tree that Mammacita gave us and it was pre-wired with white lights. I have to say that the artificial trees of today are so much prettier and real looking than they used to be and sooo much easier to deal with. I am going to use it again this year if I even bother putting up a tree. Since no one is coming for Christmas I may not bother.
I know, I know I sound like a real grinch. But we are going to celebrate Christmas when the boys come to visit in the Spring, that is IF they can visit. Depends on travel restrictions. sigh.

A stollen is like a coffee cake with the filling baked in the middle. It looks kinda like an unsliced loaf of bread covered in powdered sugar. Inside is the filling...it can be cherry or apple or marzipan, etc. You slice it to eat it. Very yummy.

Jude I'll bet your tree looks pretty too. I'm guessing you're going to have a big one since you love the holidays so much.

TBev has her tree up already too and it sounds like her apt is very festive for the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:07 pm

It took awhile to get used to it. You can see through it more than my old one but this one has more lights and I think 10 different ways to light it. I was changing it every day but I don't like the fast twinkle setting. And yes artificial have gotten way better. This one really looks like a live tree. I know real is better because of the environment but so hard when you are only 1 person. Plus I hate putting lights on a tree!!!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 8:01 pm

I agree with you about live trees being better but they are so much harder to put up, maintain and to take down. At my age artificial is easier so, especially this year, that's the only way for me.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 6:00 pm

My brother said this is their last real tree. It's just getting too hard for him with his bad back and neck. I would probably do a real tree if I had a boyfriend/husband. But I don't want one so I guess it's artificial all the way!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!!   Happy Thanksgiving!!! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 7:14 pm

Well I have a hubby who will put up a real tree and carry it out of the house but I still have to do all the work of putting the lights on and decorating so it's an artificial tree for me from now on! Sooo much easier. I'm temped to leave it decorated this year when it's time to put the tree away...Just cover it head to toe with a giant tree bag and store it in the garage or someplace. Next year I pull it out already decorated! haha!
Back to top Go down

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Page 1 of 1