Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Announcing the new doctor in our family

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sibby

Sibby

Announcing the new doctor in our family Empty
PostSubject: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Christopher Morton Duckworth was officially hooded and given his degree of Medical Doctor last weekend.

He sent me some pics so I could see him in his cap and gown.

He took his hippocratic oath from home and the picture had my grandcat Aiya watching it very intently.

So, I have a doctor in the family. (I know it's not for long, but I will enjoy it while I can)

This week he is going to close on a house in Winston Salem NC. This house will be in his name, as well as Siana's, until he has the ability to refinance it on his own.

The original plan, from what I was told, was that this would be his home and the Summerville SC house would be my daughter's home. Now that has changed. They will be selling the SC home since no one will be living there and Chris was pressuring Siana to sell because of the concern that it will fall prey to burglars, vandals or squatters.

Not sure where Siana will decide to settle, but her home base for tax purposes will be the house in NC until she purchases her own home elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Well tell him Congratulations!! I don't blame him for worrying about the house. My neighbor's had to go to West Virginia because the guy they paid good money to watch the cabin ( doesn't do a good job) finally called and said the lock was cut and they needed to come down and see what might have been stolen/damaged. They just got back today.

Still sorry that it didn't work out for them and hoping they won't squabble over this new house because both of their names will be on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyWed May 27, 2020 1:26 am

I wish them both the best.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyWed May 27, 2020 10:37 am

The new house is NC is still not bought. My daughter told me the closing that was set for yesterday has to be rescheduled because the documents that give Chris the power of attorney to sign for Siana didn't arrive in time.

She got them on Thursday, had them filled out and notarized on Friday and put them in the mail. The post office could not assure any overnight delivery at this time.

So, Chris was very upset but he will get over it.

There will be no squabbles about this house. It will be his, and my daughter doesn't want it.
Of course that doesn't mean there won't be squabbles about other things. Oy vey.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyFri May 29, 2020 8:25 pm

Congrats to your son in law? I hope you all remain friendly. So I take it he's going to do his residency in the Winston Salem area. There are several good hospitals in that area. Do you know which one he'll be at? What specialty is he going for?

So does Siana want to stay in the Vermont area.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptySat May 30, 2020 10:49 pm

I sure hope things work out.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 11:06 am

I will do my best to keep some sort of relationship with Chris, if it is feasible. He has said I am welcome to come visit at the new house.

He will be at the Wake Forest Baptist Hospital Center. Don't know if there are any specialties or if he has to do residency in more than one area.

I hope it all works out too. I hope that the house in Summerville sells quickly if they must sell it.

Siana will use the address in NC as her home base for tax purposes, but I am betting her times off will be spent elsewhere. She is planning on coming down here for her birthday and bringing her current beau with her. I asked her to stay in a hotel if possible. I will find it extremely awkward for him to be here in my house, but maybe my feelings are a bit premature. I mean, he didn't cause this and he might just be a really great guy.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 5:28 pm

I figured he'd be at bBaptist. Good hospital and good medical school up there.

Wise to remain friendly with Chris.

Don't blame you for asking Siana and her big to stay in hotel. She's still married so it might be awkward to have them sleeping together at your house. When Jon's daughter came to visit with her bf when our son was young we didn't let them sleep in same room, even though we didn't have a moral objection. It was a matter awkwardness with a younger child still at home.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 8:26 pm

How is our sweet Mammacita doing?
Love you bunches, Mammacita.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 7:44 pm

They would have to sleep on separate couches in the living room, so no worries about that. I just would rather get to know him first before having him under my roof for a number of days.

How is Mammacita doing?
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 8:48 pm

I completely understand Sibs. He'd probably feel more comfortable in a hotel too and for the same reasons.

Mammacita is doing okay, thank you so much for asking. She's working on her vegetable garden and trying to find things to keep busy. The books on tape she was getting from the services for the blind have stopped coming since the lock down so she no longer has any books to hear.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm

God love her heart.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 1:37 pm

Took her to the Dr on Friday. She has an infection but not the China Flu thank goodness. She's on antibiotics so she'll be back to normal in a few days. Thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 7:43 pm

Your Mamma is too ornery to get that China Flu. LOL. Glad to hear she only has an infection.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Coming from our Ornery who knows of which she speaks, I have to agree.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 10:04 am

Hahaha! You are so right about that!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Relief it's only an ear infection.

I had a phone visit with my doctor to get some RX refills. I have to go in on Friday am to get my blood drawn since it hasn't been done in a quite some time. The doctor also ordered for my blood to have an immunity test for Covid done, so I can know if that time I was sick was covid or not.

Since the school system has already started to have office personnel in place it is only a matter of a couple of weeks before I am called back. It would be like our senior secretary has now, two days in office a week. It is well known that the head of Special Education is not a proponent for teleworking, so it is no surprise she will shut it down as soon as she can. Also if anyone is wary of going in to work because of covid they will be allowed to take leave.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Oh Sibs I hope you did have it because that will mean you have the antibodies now that will protect you.

By the way, you're probably in the high risk group so you shouldn't have to go back to work.Yayy for you!

Du to my age I'm in the high risk group too.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Yes, but I would need leave to take, so it's back to work for me when the time comes.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 9:15 am

Oh geez, well I hope maybe they'll decide to let you work from home more often.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Most likely it will be a combination of in office and at home at first, so that will get me used to that routine again.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 9:27 am

I'm guessing more people will be permanently working from home as companies realize what a cost saver it is for them.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 3:55 pm

This country is something else right now.
One thing that worries me is, President Trump does need to do something fast about the riots and the getting rid of our police. The other countries are not allowing this and that is making our country look weak. We cannot afford to look weak in the eyes of the other countries. Not good.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Trump has laid another trap for Left and they've walked right into it. It is showing very clearly how the Blue States have failed the minorities they have promised for the past 50 years to protect, educate and raise out of poverty. NONE of that has happened and it is their policies that have failed them NOT the conservatives.

Trump cleverly threatens to come in and clean things up and then the Left starts yelling that he can't and they don't need him yadda yadda yadda so then he sits back and lets the world see how they are unable to handle things.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Announcing the new doctor in our family   Announcing the new doctor in our family EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 7:51 pm

I just hope he brings them to their knees soon. This is too much.
Back to top Go down

Announcing the new doctor in our family
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next