Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A wonderful surprise.....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sibby

Sibby

A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 2:46 pm

So true! I wasn't worried. Besides, with the bad heat I would rather he take it at his own pace.

Also being in the "woods" helps a lot. Not like being in an neighborhood with an HOA where someone is always watching to make sure your lawn is perfect!

He was able to come by and complete it.

Now with the rain all weekend it will grow fast again. Most likely the road with once again cover over with water, but we have enough to stay home.

Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 9:37 pm

Because of my good neighbors they had the part to fix my mower!!! Both of theirs went not too long ago. And both are different lawn mowers. One is a cub cadet like mine and he had an extra part. So no cost on that!! Love my neighbors I do!! And today the new neighbor's son and wife came down with the tractor and not a brush hog (do you think I can remember the name? And he is starting to cut his Dad and my field!!!

He said he also has a cultivator and will even out my field. When I bought the land the farmer who used to use it left it tilled and not smoothed out and it is very rutted in certain areas. As long as the rose bushes and blackberry bushes get mowed down I would be happy!!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Oh that's wonderful Connie! You do have good neighbors! Actually sounds to me like both you and Sibby do. Good neighbors are worth their weight in gold.

I have a new neighbor who is very nice. A Chinese girl (from Shanghai!) who married an American guy. They moved in months...maybe a year...ago but I just recently met them. Very nice people.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 3:51 pm

Sounds as though we all have great neighbors.
Sibs, we need some of your rain.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 6:40 pm

OMG Jude you can have some of ours. We've been getting rain/storms everyday but thankfully they don't last long. Just enough to water the lawn and the trees and flowers.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 3:29 pm

We finally got some much needed rain! Not long enough but it helped. The neighbor's son is starting to brush hog his dad's property and soon mine will be next!! Can't wait to get rid of the wild rose bushes and the blackberry bushes.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 am

Your neighbor is a treasure Connie. But then again I know you're a good neighbor to them so it's good karma coming back to you.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 6:07 pm

That is what I was going to say.  A good neighbor usually does have a good neighbor.
Still waiting on the rain.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 10:18 am

Well said Jude! I like that.

I'm sending you some of our rain Jude but it has a long way to go. We're supposed to get thunderstorms for the next three days. Of course our weather forecasters are often wrong so who knows. Apparently we're in an area that is hard to forecast accurately.

I think Sibs is getting some of the rain and storms we're getting too so maybe she can send some of hers along with mine!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 12:09 am

I wish to hell someone would send the rain.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 9:56 am

I keep trying but it seems to be stuck here!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 10:28 am

You can have some of the rain. We have definitely had enough. Two times in one month my road covered with water, but the second time it wasn't as bad as the first. It was just a small section, according to Matthew. I didn't go down there to look.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 2:30 pm

I'm with you Sibs. I'd love to share our rain with Jude.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Oh, Sibs I hate that you have to drive through such a mess.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 11:10 am

Trust me Jude, I didn't drive through it. I stayed at home until the weather improved and the water was off the road.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 2:52 pm

That was the smart thing to do Sibs. Driving thru standing water is so dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Ohio seriously needs rain. We were expected to get a 50% tomorrow and now it's down to 30%. Sigh.... I am so lucky I have 2 rain barrels that have been useful to keep the new plants watered.

So.... My pond lady finally came today!!! Her name is Connie too. Smile She will give me a quote in a couple of weeks. Talking about making it about 5 feet bigger and digging some of the base out for a deeper section. Since I need a bigger liner since everything has settled over the years and pulled the liner down more than what my father did ( bad Dad ). Everything has to come out to replace the liner so it makes sense to do that.

I will save some money on not needed a full underlayment put a partial. Reusing rock that I have and hoping a neighbor who has some at the back of their property will allow me to take them. Fingers cross that he won't sell them to me. Plus some things have changed where I don't need the skimmer at the base anymore but will put the pump back in it's spot to make it easier to get too. And will probably have it done in May. Fingers cross that it won't cost an arm and a leg. Sigh..... But she did tell me that she would allow me to make 4 installment payments if I needed to.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 22, 2020 6:29 pm

Well it sounds like its going to be a beautiful addition. Connie sounds like a nice lady who is willing to work with you so make it affordable. And hopefully your neighbors won't charge you for the rocks. I ca't wait to see it when it;s finished!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 12:16 am

I bet it is going to be something else when it is all done.
All your babies will like living in a bigger pond.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 1:11 pm

You're right about that. Connie's fish will love having a bigger pond.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2020 10:19 pm

Very exciting Connie! I hope that it all goes smoothly for you and your pond is beautiful when extended.

Where will the fish be during all of this??
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 4:32 pm

I am happy for the fish.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 5:18 pm

My new neighbor, his son knows the people who have the rock on their property and they said I can have it for free!!! And the son will use his backhoe to bring them over!! YIPEE!! Plus he says he will start brush hogging soon.

The pond will probably look totally different! Where most of my plants are will be the extension of the size. So I have most everything dug up and replanted somewhere else or in my temporary bed. Plus all the extra that was in the temporary bed my friend is coming tomorrow to take them all I hope!!! I have 2 perennials that still need pulled then unfortunately 2 junipers that I am hoping I can save. I will wait for cooler weather to pull those. If I can find a place that works for them I think I am only going to place them on the ground and put top soil around them.

Sibby, the fish will be in a holding tank that she has now. I will either put itin the shed or my garage, probably my garage to make sure the raccoons don't get to them. I am not sure if they would try to break into the shed or not. They will be stressed for a day or two but should calm down.

It will take about a week to complete.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 10:07 pm

My nephew Gary who was more of a son to me died a few days ago.
My heart is broken.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 2:11 pm

I am sorry to hear about your little Sam. God love his heart.
(((((Little Buddy Jon ))))))))))))
Back to top Go down

A wonderful surprise.....
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next