Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A wonderful surprise.....

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:06 pm

And yes I am following you around!!! LOL. Funny you should say that about common sense because my parents said the same thing. Back in their day they stayed home when sick, always covered their sneezes and coughs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:11 pm

Same here. When you post a notification pops up and makes it easy for me to follow you too. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Have good night! Going off line for now.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 1:35 pm

Well wake up and get back on here Sibs. We miss you.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:40 pm

I slept too long! LOL.

Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 6:49 pm

I'm pulling a Jude and Sibby by resurrecting an old thread!! LOL

I think I told you all that I was going to get a quote on a metal roof? Well the guy said that I had a couple years left on my current roof so I decided that would be my last project that I would do before retiring. So I then chose to get a quote for windows. I first called Empire which is what my brother used and I scheduled an appt with them. I then called Window Nation and you know what they told me? I called 2 weeks before my couple days off so I could be home. They told me they don't schedule that far in advanced. So guess what? I chose not to call them back. Anyways I got my quote and guess who will be getting new windows in a couple months??? You all guessed correctly!!

Somebody came today to measure the windows so Mom and Dad were here for that plus Dad had to fix something. I am getting a new patio door also. I decided to go ahead and do this because he showed me an email that in August prices were going up by 9%!! And all the windows will be able to be cleaned from the inside of the house!! No more hanging out of an upstairs window!!! The big window in the living room will have sliders and full screens! More air flow! It was cheaper than getting one like I have now.

I am using their credit because they offered 0% finance for 18 months. If I don't have it paid off by then I will have a home equity loan in place. Plus enough to get the pond done also.

Of course as soon as I agreed to that the next day I went to do my second load of washing and the spin cycle quit!! I had to hand wring my clothes and put them on the line. So Dad came over and we tore the washing machine apart and at first we thought the whole gear needed replaced and that was going to cost over $200.00. I went upstairs to start looking online when he said he found what broke and it only cost me $25.00!! WHEW!!! So now I am happy camper.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Well allow me to say, I am happy as hell for you. 
Your dad is a sweetie. Thank God you have him.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Jude I can't even begin to think how much money my father has saved me by fixing things for me. I am also grateful for my neighbors who work on my lawn mower when needed. I am blessed.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 2:38 pm

You sure are.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Yes, you are Connie but you are also nice and helpful to others so that good karma is coming back to you. But I know how you feel because I'm so grateful that Jon can do repairs for us. Between him and Google or Youtube we have repaired many things ourselves.

Speaking of Jon. I meant to answer your question about his hand in another thread. His hand is as good as it's going to get. He has no use of the pointer finger on his left hand but otherwise he's learned to use it pretty well. We are so lucky because it could have been so much worse.

Mammacita is doing well too, thank goodness. I haven't let her go out since March except for a few Dr appts.. I do all her grocery shopping and errands for her. Because of her age I'm too scared to let her go out or have anyone in her house.

And I'll echo Jude's question asking about your Dad, Connie. How is he doing?

Wonder where Sibaleena is these days? Was her daughter and new boyfriend coming to visit?
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 8:12 am

My Dad is doing fine. Thanks for asking. My Aunt is in the hospital. She wasn't feeling well and she has blood clots in her legs or lungs. I don't remember. So they released her but she went back in because the blood thinners were causing her to bleed in her stools. So they are trying to regulate the dosage. I think she got them because she is so paranoid over this virus that she sat at home doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:47 am

Oh geez Connie I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. I will pray for her and add her to my God jar. You're probably right that sitting around led to the blood clots. That isn't good for you.

I'm so happy to hear your Dad is doing well. He's a real gem and I don't want to hear of him getting sick.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 7:07 pm

I am so glad your men and Mamacita are doing well.
Hope the best for your aunt.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:18 pm

Sibby is here!

Just haven't been online at home as much as usual. I can do things for work from my phone, so that works for me when I am at home.

Yes, my daughter and her boyfriend were here: twice. Once going down and much more briefly going north to get home.

It was a good visit both times. Her time here wasn't very long either way. The choices to not stay for a longer time had to do with scheduled things to do and the best weather time to travel. She got out of Maryland before they imposed any travel restrictions due to the covid cases rising again. Also she needed to leave before there were bad storms coming in.

Justyn is a very good young man. I guess if she had to have someone as a companion even though she is till married he is a good choice. I see a marked difference in the way they communicate and this time it is much better. When Siana gets salty Justyn throws it right back. Chris would always take it and then stew in it. Not a good thing. And I saw how Si and Justyn talk out what they are going to do and how they are going to do things, and I never really witnessed that with Chris and Siana.

Now, are you ready for this?

July 22nd was Siana's birthday, and she and Justyn were in Charleston for that.
July 23rd was the 7th wedding anniversary for Siana and Chris, obviously not celebrated
July 24th was Chris's 30th birthday. I understand that he was not happy about this birthday as he was in a new city and barely knew anyone and didn't want to be alone.

Well, Siana and an old friend, Phil, traveled from Charleston to Winston-Salem to take him to dinner for his birthday and Justyn went too! Yep, the husband and the boyfriend met and celebrated Chris' birthday. Can you believe that? Well, I understand it went very well. I even got a picture of Chris and Justyn together at dinner with their thumbs up.

After the dinner they went to the new house to have cake. They all even spent the night there.

Wow. But that's a good wow.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Prayers for your Aunt, that the blood clots are taken care of. Those can be very dangerous if they reach certain vital organs.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:25 pm

Sibby its so good to see you back! As for your daughter I'm really glad you had a nice couple of visits, glad that you like her new BF and I think it's wonderful that she went to celebrate her ex's birthday and that Chris and Justyn met and get along. It will make their lives a lot easier.

I have a good friend who remained good friends with his ex-wife. He also remained friends with his first love, and his last love...who he's no longer with. So at his 60th birthday party all three were there and we have pictures of him surrounded by his first love, his ex wife and his last love! He calls them his 'posse'! All three are friendly with each other and remain good friends with him. I know all three women and am friendly with them all. So it does happen and it's good for all involved.

Actually when he divorced he and his ex co-parented their daughter, celebrated holidays together and even went on a few vacations together with their daughter. (No they didn't sleep together!)

Situations like that are rare but best for all especially any children involved.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Sounds like all went well all the way around.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:10 pm

Yes and it sounds like Sibby's daughter is going to have a good relationship with her ex too. What a relief for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Hopefully it will stay that way. Chris is single, so any girl he brings into the mix can make it or break it.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 8:34 pm

I hope they all can remain friends. That would be nice.

So I decided to mow after work so I wouldn't have to over the weekend. Well my steering went out on the mower. The gear is worn and it keeps slipping. So I drove it over to the neighbors and they are going to fix it. I hate when I have a plan and things go wrong. GRRR. I have the majority to still mow but at least the front yard got done. First the washing machine now the mower. But at least I have the money from the hazard pay that I got to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 9:58 am

Drat Connie! You need a horseshoe or four leaf clover! (no rabbit's foot...poor rabbits need to run)

Hope it can be fixed quickly and economically.

My neighbor needs to cut my grass, but it's still too wet for him. By the time it's dry enough it will be quite the challenge!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2020 7:15 pm

Well Connie the good news is you have the extra pay needed to fix it. BUT having said that I'm sorry it happened because I'm sure you had other ways you wanted to spend that money. I know what you mean about hating when your plans get disrupted. Its maddening. I'm sorry you've had several repair jobs recently.

Sibby, at least your neighbor is close enough that he can jump right on the mower as soon as conditions improve. Speaking of mowing it's thundering out here and my neighbor has someone out there cutting her lawn. Yikes. Thats dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 pm

Onery, I am sorry to hear you now have to pay for the mower too. I was going to let you come get me to spend  a month or two. Shot that plan. Hee hee.
Sibs that was funny. The rabbit needs to run.
Little Buddy, how is your son doing?  And a big hug to Mammacita.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 11:31 am

My neighbor cut it on Sunday, but was unable to do the trimming. Not a problem. It will all get caught up.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 8:09 pm

One good thing about lawns...they don't go anywhere! So it will be there whenever you're ready Sibs.
Back to top Go down

A wonderful surprise.....
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next