Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A wonderful surprise.....

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sibby

Sibby

A wonderful surprise..... Empty
PostSubject: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:23 pm

I got a phone call last night from a number I didn't recognize, so I let it go to voicemail. Turns out it was from the owner of a local business here, a small coffee shop in town.

The owner wanted me to call them back because someone, who wished to remain anonymous, had paid for lunch for me and Matthew. She sent me the updated lunch menu and I emailed back what we both wanted. Our lunch was delivered today about 11:45.

Matthew chose the pulled pork sandwich with chips and a drink. I got their wonderful chicken salad. It has something in it that makes it just a little spicy and it is so yummy. Got a chips and drink too.

We both also got some of their wonderful banana pudding.

I have no idea who did this for us, but it was a wonderful surprise. I wish I could thank them.

Now I must figure out a way to pass this on to someone else. Spread something good around.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm

damn i was in the middle of a reply about this and lost it. my text is jumping real bad today so I will try again later. just want to say im happy for you and think it great because you deserve it.

I would love ideas on how to pay it forward or help others while stuck at home so if you all can think of anything let me know!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 7:48 pm

That was nice of them who ever they are. You can do the same thing at the coffee shop??
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 6:56 pm

i was gonna say the same thing.

a few weeks ago we paid for a pizza to be delivered to a neighbor for his birthday but i like the idea of doing it anonymously.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 1:45 pm

That was so nice. A while back the man in front of us in line at Wally World paid for our groceries. I thanked him. We didn't have that much that day usually our bill is around $200.00 or more.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Oh that was so nice Jude! I love to hear stories like that. We did that once for a lady ahead of us in line at the grocery store...she didn't have enough and was putting things back so I went up to the cashier and told her we would pay the difference.

I'm trying to think of ways to help others during this crisis. I would love to make masks to donate but not a good sewer and don't have enough supplies.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 1:43 pm

We try and help the homeless.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyMon Apr 27, 2020 10:10 pm

Connie, I was thinking about doing just that. Give the owner money for someone in need.

Carp, there are no sew patterns out there that use old t-shirts. I want to try one this week myself.

Will have to let you know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 1:08 pm

Have any of you been watching interesting shows on television/cable?

Matthew has me watching this show with him that I would never watch on my own. It has zombies in it. But it is also interesting in that it is a Korean produced serial in the past (not sure what years) after the Japanese invaded Korea.

It is called Kingdom and it's on Netflix. Only two seasons and we just started the second one.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 3:21 pm

I put it on here before but on Direct TV channel 277 has the paranormal. Some are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 2:08 pm

Good day everyone.
I hope you and all your love ones are doing great.
Love to all.
The Jude
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 7:36 pm

Thinking about going back to cable. I so miss my HGTV. I do have Netflix. I watched about the Unabomber, Unbelievable, Ted Bundy tapes. I started watching Ozark but haven't gone back to it yet. I will have to look up Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Darrell and I watch In The Heat of The Night each evening.
We of course have to tell the characters where they are screwing up as if they can hear us, LOL,
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm

My den is upstairs and I have my sliding glass window open and right outside the window are the branches of our huge old Maple Tree. The birds sing and a breeze blows thru the branches.
I love this house.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat May 02, 2020 9:46 am

Oh I am so happy for you! Some day you'll have to show us pics. You and Darrell deserve to finally have your dream home.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat May 02, 2020 12:18 pm

Beautiful weather today. I have the windows open and the fresh air is lovely.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat May 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Yes this is the right time for the windows to be open and let the light shine in.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat May 02, 2020 7:16 pm

I am so glad you love your home!!! It was beautiful here today but going down to 38. So I started a fire. I got 2 flower beds done with the mulching. And the boys especially Drake stayed around!!! Smile Smile

Going to try to mow tomorrow before it rains again. Sigh... I have areas I still can't touch.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySun May 03, 2020 10:29 am

Oh geez Connie, 38 degrees? I'll bet you are ready for warmer nights. But at least you have a nice wood stove to make cold nites cozy. I'll bet your fur babies love to snuggle up in front of it.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySun May 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks, Ornery.
Yeah it is dropping here at night too.
Rained and the wind blew all day.
I was watching TV  with my phone on the end table beside me. Suddenly it let out with a big siren about five times to let us know visibility was going to be 0. Scared the living hell out of me with the siren!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptyWed May 06, 2020 11:21 am

The temps really dropped here too. Not enough to put on the heat for us, as we like the cool temps.

Rainy today, so glad the grass got cut yesterday.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat May 09, 2020 2:01 pm

Cool but sunny here today. Going down to 37 tonite. This is not typical May weather that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySat May 09, 2020 3:18 pm

I don't know what it gets here over night.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:41 pm

Well it has sucked here in Ohio. We had snow on the 8th and 9th and today was sorta nice. Now we are getting rain and possible snow tomorrow. Sigh......
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: A wonderful surprise.....   A wonderful surprise..... EmptySun May 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Man talk about Mother Nature having her head up her ass. This is May.
Back to top Go down

A wonderful surprise.....
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next