Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can you keep a secret? ......

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sibby

Sibby

Can you keep a secret? ...... Empty
PostSubject: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:32 pm

File this under the "Never say never" files.

You all know that I had two horrible marriages, and haven't dated at all since my 2004 divorce, right? And I have sworn for years that I would never date again.

Well.... that streak of 15.5 years has ended.

I went out to dinner with a man, but it was dutch because I wouldn't let him pay the bill for me so it wouldn't be a date.
However, if you were to call a spade a spade, it was a date. A nice one too. I really enjoyed it.

No more details just yet..... not sure where this may go, and I am still in shock that it even happened! LOL.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:55 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for you Sibby! I hope and pray that it turns into whatever you want it to be. You deserve to be happy whether it be a boyfriend or just a new friend. Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Carp, this is someone that has been in my circle of Historical Committee friends for years, so we were already acquainted with each other. Also, since my friends already know him that is a plus.

A week ago Saturday I attended the archive meeting for the committee. I usually don't go to those, and just go to the quarterly meetings where I take the minutes, but have decide to try to go to these extra meetings more often. Kind of a get myself out there this new year plan.

Well, after this meeting the group decided to continue the meeting at the local tavern. This is a place Matthew and I frequent for dinner often as well. They recently started opening early and serving breakfast on the weekends.

So, the group all met there. It was unusually crowded but we managed to get one table. It was crowded because the nearby Showplace Arena was hosting a cheerleading competition and some of them found their way there. Not a lot of places close by in this small town to eat, so this wasn't surprising, but it made it louder than usual.

I was seated next to this man, his name is Tom (yeah...same as my first husband, oh well) and we chatted away. Tom was widowed this past year after taking care of his wife for many years. She had Alzheimer's, so I could relate to the issues he had to deal with. For the last year he wasn't involved with the committee due to this. So we chatted a bit about that, politics (yes, he's a Dem, but likes to discuss it with people who don't think like he does, so that's good) and of course, historical stuff.
I spoke mostly with him because it was too hard to even speak to others at the end of the table because of the increased noise. We had plenty of time too, since the servers were quite busy.
They know Tom and I because we are regulars there for dinner. I have seen Tom there many nights when I was there with Matthew. We never chatted much, other than to say hello and a quick how we are doing since Matthew is not the chatty type, so this time we talked a lot more.

At one point we were talking about his transitioning into being single again after his wife passed away, and I commented on how I had two divorces, the last being in 2004, and how I have never dated since.

He then absolutely blew me away when he said, "So, if I wanted to ask you out you would say no?"

I am sure the look on my face was priceless.

I didn't really answer, but changed the subject. It wasn't until we were ready to leave when I took a deep breath and said to him, "About that subject earlier, when you asked about asking me out, well just so you know I am not looking for a romantic relationship but if you had something to do and wanted company you can see if I am available. That would be ok."

That was the start...there is more...... later......
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 2:26 pm

I love hearing about this! It sounds like the promising start of a relationship! You deserve a good man Sibs.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Oh this is good.
Please don't wait too long to fill us in on the rest of the story.
Sib, I hope this turns out to be a really good start.
Ornery, Bev. get on here we have something to watch and hear.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 7:42 pm

Sibby, I am so excited for you! I hope even if it will be a friendship thing that you both enjoy each other's company!!!

Hi Jude!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 2:53 am

Hi Ornery.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 10:07 am

Yeah, I am eager to hear more!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi all.... lots has happened since my last report.

The biggest (and saddest) part is that while I might be on the start of a journey into a relationship my daughter and her husband have decided to separate. The being in Vermont working didn't have anything to do with it, except for the fact that it gave both parties time to think and reassess what they want in life and their relationship as it was.

They are at the beginning of the process, so anything can happen at this point. Both of them want to keep it as amicable as they can.

So, back to my other story.....the better one....

After the breakfast with the group, I got a text from Tom the next day. He wanted to know if I had checked out whether or not a movie he had suggested was available on demand on my cable. I admitted I hadn't done that, but to hold on. I checked real quick and it wasn't available without renting it. He said he had the DVD and he could bring it to me.

I told him I couldn't watch at all that week, as I had appointments galore and going back to work was very wearing on me, perhaps we could get it to me the following weekend? No, he was going to be out of town. Ok.... no DVD yet. I said it would have to wait until the following week.

Well, I brought all this up with my therapist on Wednesday. The whole thing was pretty scary to me, as well as exciting that I was even considering it or that someone was even interested in me!
After the therapy session I had to run to Costco to pick up my new glasses, after that I was hungry and thought about where I should get something to eat and it came to me....call Tom and see if he would be able to bring the DVD to the tavern and I can eat there.

So I called him. Yes...I initiated the first meeting. He said he was planning on eating there later anyway so sure, he would meet up with me.

I got there around 6:35 and he wasn't there yet, so I got a table and ordered a beer. The servers there all know me from going there to eat with Matthew, so they were shocked that I ordered beer because I usually have coke. That was funny. But Matthew wasn't with me, so I had a Corona with Lime. (the beer, not the virus)

Tom got in a bit later and gave me the DVD (Galaxy Quest) and we both ordered dinner.
So, we chatted and ate, and it was actually a good time. I really enjoyed it.

More later...I have to go....but this evening isn't done just yet....
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 9:13 pm

I am back. Matthew made dinner (microwave stuff) so I had to get off and eat. Hey, I'll take someone else cooking when I can!

Ok, so where was I?

Oh yes, this was dinner with Tom. We had a lovely time, talking about all sorts of things. When I finally looked at the time it was after 8 pm and I knew I had to get up for work the next day, so I had to leave. He works for himself in an IT capacity so he was able to stay and hang out at the bar. But before I could get my bill he told the server to put my dinner on his tab. I immediately responded with a rather firm NO, but he countered with a YES, PUT IT ON MY TAB. Another NO from me. The server, Chrissy, made a comment about being in the middle. So I turned to him and said that he couldn't pay for my dinner because that would make it a DATE and I wasn't ready for that yet. Then I added that I am not a total hard-head so maybe next time he could pay. He just laughed at that. But I paid for my dinner. We had a nice hug before parting.

So that was our first time having dinner. Yeah, I know....it was a dutch dinner date. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, right? But I needed to assert my independence first.

Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 am

Sib, do you really think your going to The Tavern..the same place Tom was also planning to have dinner at, was a coincidence?  You better think again, my friend. I would say your guide and his guide are working together here. This is going to get interesting. Yes, this is going to get very interesting.
I hope I never hear again what you said earlier. You found it strange that someone was even interested in you. Although we have never met personally, we have known one another from being on here a long time, and I would not trade your friendship, Sib. You are a good person.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 3:52 pm

I couldn't have said it any better than Jude did! Thanks for sharing this with us, Sibs. I'm eager to hear what happens next and I'll bet you are too!

As for your daughter I'm sorry to hear they're separating. But it sounds like they are working hard to make it a friendly split and that's good. Like you said this is in the early stages and anything can happen. I'm hoping all goes well regardless of what they do in the end.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 9:19 am

having computer problems AGAIN. taking it into best buy for the geeks to fix. if you don't hear from me for a little while you'll know why.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Agree with what Jude said!

Sorry to hear about your daughter's separation, do you think it has anything to do with her attitude? Meaning no disrespect but I know you have mentioned how she is with you.

Jude? The link to fb???
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 7:36 pm

Good question Connie. And I don't think it's disrespectful to ask. Sweet sibs has told us how her daughter has hurt her at times. Hopefully whatever the reason for the split it will all work out for the best for all concerned.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Oh, definitely I think it has a lot to do with it. But to be honest, there are two people in that marriage so there are two with issues that have led to this.

It is still so sad.

Jude, when I said i was shocked at someone's interest in me it was mostly because I have not even thought about such a thing for over a decade. I have been so immersed in being single that the thought of someone approaching me with the idea that could change is a shock to my system! I know I am a good person and can be fun to be with, so that wasn't it. Just the shock after being out of the dating pool for years, even if it was by my own choice.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 8:41 pm

Last week we got together at the tavern again after I had PT for dinner. Also it was the chance to give him his DVD back. We had a nice time then too, and he paid for our dinner.

I haven't heard from him since, and I have been pretty busy so if there is to be anything more our spirit guides are going to have to work on it!

Both times I have called him, so I am really feeling I need to back off and see if he calls me. I know he is an introvert, so that may play a part in it.

Our mutual friends, Patti and Brian, are getting married this month (after being together for years and years!) and they are throwing a party on the 22nd. We are both invited, so I know I will see him then.

Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 1:54 am

Yes, my face book. I was trying to send the video of Rocker Dave and my great grandson. Rocker Dave is showing Kash what a guitar can do and Kash is singing a song from CCR. Not bad for a 4-year old.
Maybe if you click on the link you can see it on my page.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 1:56 am

Yes, you can check out the videos by scrolling down the page.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 8:38 pm

I did watch it but forgot to comment. I do that a lot if I am at work looking at FB. Ssshhh. LOL
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Okay, no one say anything about Ornery screwin' off at the workplace.
Hee hee.
Rocker Dave is off today and tomorrow so I am sure the band will be here workin' out. But I love it.
I am still surprised that a rocker and a writer can work in the same house.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyTue Feb 11, 2020 6:50 pm

Sibs you're right. there are always two sides to every story...actually three...as mammacita always says "there's his side, her side and then there's the truth'. At any rate I'm sorry it's happening. I know you are too.

Sibby that guy would be lucky to have you as a girlfriend. I hope it turns out the way you want it to, whatever that is. Keep us posted.

Jude not surprised a writer and a rocker can work in the same house. Creative vibes surround you both.

Connie sneaking a peek at FB while working is hardly goofing off. You work your tail off so you deserve a quick break.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 3:42 pm

I have always loved that saying by Mammacita. As it is true.
Glad I don't need quiet when I work. My music is always up full blast anyway.
Sib, what is happening in your on-going match?
Ornery, you make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Can you keep a secret? ......   Can you keep a secret? ...... EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Yeah Sibs, any updates?
Back to top Go down

Can you keep a secret? ......
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next