Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 2:21 pm

santa rendeer Merry Christmas my friends!!! santa rendeer

I have to work Monday then I am off the rest of the week. I will bake some cookies on the 23rd for my Aunt and Uncle's open house on Christmas Eve. Then I will go to Mom and Dad's in the morning for breakfast and our gift exchange then head to my brother's for dinner and another gift exchange.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 10:33 am

Oh Connie that sounds wonderful. You have a great family. I'm busy running my rear off trying to get ready while also taking care of Jon, my sick son and our cat that had to be rushed to emergency vet. (got scratched in eye...probably from playing with izzy.)
Merry christmas everyone!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Do you ever have down time??? GEEZ!!! How is the cat's eye?? Right now Jasper is gassing me out!!! LOL. UGH!!!! And of course how is Travis feeling?

Hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Jude I hope everyone is feeling better also!

It was a quiet Christmas Eve. Not going to get into it here but it was just my Mom, Dad and me. Plus my best friend and husband stopped for a few minutes. Then Christmas Day we opened gifts and both my niece and nephew and their other halves left before dinner to go to the other side of the families. So that was pretty quiet also. Other than that I was home by 9pm and that was that!!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 11:56 pm

Everyone is still sick.
I told them do not come around me, I don't want that crap.
Love to all.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 7:08 am

had to take sam back to the vet xmas eve. vet gave him two shots and eye is looking much better.

jon's hand still not working so I have had to step in and ehlp with daily pt. this will take away from what littel spare time i had so may not be here much for a while but will be back as soon as i can and will check in when i can.

christmas here very quiet. big dinner xmas eve with me, jon, travis and mammacita. xmas day just the three of us. mom went to my sisters...big shock. we had left overs and brunch food I had made and played scrabble and watched a pay per view movie. quiet but nice.

hope jasper gets his 'gas' problem settled. probably the new food. he'll adjust soon hopefully!

Hope all ok within your family connie.

Jude you are wise to tell sick relatives to stay away. no need to expose yourself. how was christmas in your new home? i'm so happy for you and darrell...and your dogs and yellow cat! holidays in a nice new home had to be wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Just family drama from the s.i.l. Ping doesn't come with Travis for Christmas? Hope Sam's eye is doing better. Well I am going to get off of here and try some other things to get downloaded on this new pc.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 8:44 am

Ping wanted to come but he had work commitments. We really missed him. Next year he'll come for sure.

Good luck setting up the new computer. It's a nightmare, I know.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Christmas was quiet but nice.
Love to all.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Is there a word worse than nightmare?? UGH!!!! I am just able to get my music from the old computer to the new and it is syncing right now. I transferred the two pcs around, new one on the desk the old one on the stand. I haven't even added this site to the new one yet. And get this. I was told I couldn't get internet because of 3 things. Which I think on another thread I may have mentioned well I think he was wrong because yesterday I had internet and had done nothing to make it work. HMMMM. I do believe it was on there end.

I am glad I did my music first because I can see where the tower is acting up. I may have wifi on this pc but I lost the sound on this pc. But it works on the new one. I am wondering if the ports are like switching to good and bad ports??? Just a theory. Anyways the next step will be to get my pictures off the old one. I am not too concerned most are on google photos but I do have Drake and Jasper's baby pictures that are not on there.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Yeah, sometimes weird things like that happen with me too. One minute I can't get email and an hour later it works fine. Same thing with other things on my computer. I wish I knew more about this tech stuff so I could fix things myself. I've often thought of looking for classes on basic computer operations or something like that.

The good news for you Connie is that you have everything backed up to an external hard drive so eventually you or someone else will be able to get it transferred. I hope you are able to do it without too many more problems. I feel for you.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Merry Belated Wishes to all of you!

I hadn't been to church in ages due to my back lately, and before that the PTSD, depression and anxiety I was dealing with just had me exhausted all the time. I was barely coping just getting to work and home again. But I wanted to make at least ONE church service during Advent, so I made myself go to the Christmas Eve service. The pain was pretty intense, so I used my rollator to walk and used the handicapped entrance with the lift to get into the church. I sat on the rollator seat at the back of the church. Mother Olivia was thrilled to see me, so that was nice too.
At the time for the eucharist I decided I didn't want her coming to me in the back, so I "rolled" myself to the front but stopped at the first step to the altar, and she came down to give me the communion. I started to tear up. Not sure if it was the emotion of being there, or the embarrassment of knowing every eye was on me, but I made sure I was there and that is what mattered.

I posted on another thread that I spent Christmas Day and the day following watching my friend Steve's dog, Cisco. He hadn't called on me for ages to do that, so I was happy to say yes. Even with my back pain it was ok. Cisco is an old doggie now and isn't hard to handle at all. We just kicked back and rested with each other!

Matthew was fine just staying at home with the kitties and his computer.

I made sure before I left Christmas morning that I made a good meal for him in the instant pot. Beef tips and noodles in gravy, one of his favorites.

I picked up some Chinese on the way for me. So that was a very quiet holiday.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 10:34 am

Quiet holidays are sometimes the best!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:50 pm

At least you made it to church. That is what made you happy and Mother Olivia.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Being in the house of our Holy Father would make anyone feel better and perhaps tear up.
I am happy for you, Sibs.
Love to all.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Hope your back is better Sibs.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:25 pm

Carp, it is doing much better. Still feels very strained at the end of the day, but it isn't having those awful spasms.

I just have to be careful not to try to over do it, and I just can't lift and carry heavy like when I was younger.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:56 am

Well we're all getting older. even if we don't fell like it mentally our bodies remind us of it!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Getting older isn't for sissies!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:36 pm

I am worried about that terrible virus in China and now in the US.
I hope to God a handle is gotten on it real soon.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 3:36 pm

My son is in Australia now and he just found out his university in shanghai is closed until further notice. all his friends in china told him not to come back yet so he's kinda stuck in australia. lucky for him he just found out one of his friends from here lives in Sydney, where he's at, so hes going to meet up with her. he may end up going to someplace else in australia or to some other country until he can get back to china. i told him to come home but its a 23 hour flight and he can't handle that with his bad knee.
frankly we're worried about him coning down with the virus...the incubation period is two weeks and he only left china about a week ago.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 pm

How absolutely scary!
Prayers for Travis, for knee pain, for no virus, and for finding a temporary place to stay.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 10:35 pm

Since our Sib already touched on all I would say, I will simply say, I agree.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 12:45 pm

thank you thank you. we're very concerned. also worried about his health until he passes the 14 day incubation period. although it's unlikely he was exposed to it in shanghai.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 7:33 pm

Praying Travis is germ free and a better knee. What gets me is they are all wearing masks but they don't mention that most of it is by touching. I would be washing my hands until they were raw!!! I mean masks are good for when you sneeze or cough because then you won't touch your nose or mouth with your hands and then touch something else.

Very scary situation.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

Merry Christmas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merry Christmas!   Merry Christmas! EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Yep very scary. Right now he's stuck in Australia but at least he's not in China.
Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next