Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Connie are you okay??

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
DorisD

DorisD

Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:22 am

Connie I agree that this is all BS about the damn virus. It's death counts that matter. You want to know how many people have died WORLD WIDE from Omicron? 7. That's right 7 people. All in the UK and probably all had underlying conditions. This is nothing more than a cold for the majority of people and it's very likely we will all get it...which will be a good thing becuase it will give us natural immunity.

Jude and your family are in my prayers everyday too.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 7:42 pm

I hope all are doing well and I hope you both have a great Happy Newyear.
We are staying in as we have snow up the ass and freezing temps.
Love yas.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 10:55 pm

So good to see a post from my idol! Stay warm and cozy in front of your fireplace Jude. Much better than going out. I’m so happy you are back!!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:57 am

Well you have more snow than me!! Stay safe and warm!!!

Got all decorations down and put away except the tree. Not ready to do it yet. Maybe next weekend. Stubbed my middle toe on New Year's Eve. Now it's nice and bruised and sore. Sigh!!! I have had that tiny piece of wood by my door for 17 years and I hit it. I use it to keep the door propped open for the cats if they want to go in the house while we are outside or in the summer if they want to go in the garage. Of course putting shoes on makes it sore. So tomorrow we will see how I do. Other than that I hope everyone has a wonderful new year and this year is better than the last 2!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:55 pm

Sounds like it might be a broken toe. Ouch! Not much you can do about it other than tape it to the toe beside it. Oh and ice it and take ibuprofen.hope you have soft shoe that you can wear. It hurts just thinking about.

One more thing..if you can’t get a shoe on then go to drugstore or Walmart and look for one of those orthopedic shoes that looks kinda like a flip flop..,instead of the thong the goes between your toes it has Velcro straps that holds it on. Good luck,
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:48 pm

I don't know if you have read my poetry of The Blackfoot Maiden, where the man is searching for the legend of the beautiful Blackfoot girl searching for her lover.
He removes the white man's clothing to stand naked in the wind. She comes to him and runs a hand down his face, her eyes are filled with so much pain as she sees he is not the man she is seeking.
Here is what one of my readers commented on the post, when I said I am going to put all my poetry in a book. .

Ron Audas
Judith Ann Mcdowell Please do! I was so caught up in the story. Then Mary walked in and wanted to know why I was standing in the kitchen naked. Hope your holidays were wonderful.
I just love my readers.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 2:54 pm

The Blackfoot Maiden
Long sleek branches, stripped bare of their summer leaves, stir in the rising winds. Outstretched, they reach upward their slender limbs bathed in a sliver of moonlight. The boughs seem to beckon, urging my steps forward as I move from the sparse forest and onto the silent prairie.
As I make my way through the stiff winter grass I try not to let myself think about my aloneness as I keep a keen eye out for the one who is said to walk these grounds when the trees have shed their leaves but just before the winter winds at last freeze the late rains, turning them into the first blankets of snow.
Pulling the collar of my thickly lined jacket higher upon my neck I look up at the dark sky watching the thick clouds moving slowly across a full moon. The scent of snow is in the wind. Before morning the land will be covered in white. A slight shiver of fear passes over me for I know if the legends are true my eyes will look upon the spirit of the one who still walks these grounds.
I continue on, my heart beating a louder rhythm inside my chest. I try not to think what I will do should I actually glimpse, or, moreover, actually come face to face with the one I was so eagerly, yet fearfully seeking..
My steps falter as, from a short distance up ahead, I see a smoke-like mist and emerging from the mist a young girl dressed in a white elk-skin dress her long black hair lifted by the wind and swirling all around her. She walks slowly towards me. I know instantly, she is the maiden who for many years has lived within the Blackfoot legend handed down through generation after generation. The bitter-sweet tale echoed within the lodges and over the campfires of the beautiful Blackfoot girl who walks these grounds still searching for the one whose heart has been stilled forever thus robbing her of the love they shared all those many years ago.
I stand quietly as she seems to be unaware, or perhaps uncaring of my presence. I reached up slowly to remove my hat from my head. I need to feel the wind’s breath blowing my long black hair freely. Unaware of my movements I begin to strip the white man’s clothing from my body until I at last stand naked in the wind.
She comes to me, slowly, softly and when she is before me reaches out running one slender hand down my face. Her black eyes are filled with so much pain I feel my breath catch in my throat. For a long moment she stands looking at me. Then, sadly shakes her head as she begins to disappear back into the mist. I am not the one she is seeking. For a fleeting moment I wish I were.
I stay where she has left me until I can no longer see her.
As though wakening from a dream I dress then walk away. Back to a life that will never again be quite the same. I have come seeking a legend and I leave with the memory of the beautiful Blackfoot Maiden burned into my soul.
Taken from the works of Judith Ann McDowell
Copyright 1999
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 5:48 pm

OMG that was beautiful! So engrossing! Like the guy who commented above I was totally into the story and didn't want it to end! Jude you are one hell of a writer! That may be one of your best works. Yes, definitely publish it along with others. I would love to read more so I will definitely buy. You are so gifted, Jude.

By the way, his comment cracked me up! hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 3:39 pm

Where the hell is everyone?
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 4:57 pm

I'm here! Right now I'm fuming mad because 4 or 5 cable companies across the country have dropped NEWSMAX from their cable line up and I fear they might do the same here. The Left is trying to control what we hear and see in a big way. This is scary. Pretty soon we won't be able to get any conservative sites on any media.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 11:58 am

Nice Jude! The guys comment cracked me up!!! Carp, I couldn't wear any shoes but my steel toed shoes for work. It wasn't too bad. It didn't help that I was laying on the couch and went to push myself up more on the couch and felt a sharp pain go right up the top of my foot!! It is doing much better now. Just a tad sore at the tip of the toe.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 2:00 pm

Yikes that hurts just hearing about it Connie. Is the toe real black and blue with a dark line anywhere on it? If so good indication that it's broken. Not much you can do other than tape to next toe to keep it stable...but that might make it hurt even worse. Probably good that you have to wear steel toe shoes at work as they will protect it from getting banged again. OUCH.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm

I had a dark line right at the base of the toenail. The tip is still touchy though. I bumped it under the covers ( Drake) and it hurt a bit. I probably broke it. I don't do tape. I can't handle any fingers or toes being taped together. LOL.

And I forgot to mention in the other thread that my friend who works at Piping Rock where I was going to take the job messaged me and asked if my company was hiring. Hmmm. I didn't pry and ask if she was looking or not. I just gave her some company names that were. So I am thinking my decision to stay was a good one. I also got my first check and I am bringing home around $130.00 more a week!!!. Of course the rest of it went to my 401K which is okay!! And of course we can't forget taxes!!!

So I am happy with this outcome!!! Everybody have a good weekend. Not sure if I will get on here over the weekend or not.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 9:43 am

Yayyy for you Connie! A pay raise and not having to start all over at a new company! Yes, it sounds like you made the right decision. And that is further evidenced by your friend from that company asking if your company is hiring. Good for you!

Yep, sure sounds like a broken toe. And I'm like you in not being able to tolerate fingers or toes being taped together. It will heal either way...all taping does is stabilize it a bit and maybe protect it from being bumped. Just take ibuprofen when it hurts is really all you can do.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 11:07 am

It didn't help yesterday that I wore dress boots with a small heel. By the time I sat down my toe was screaming!!! But like you said nothing you can do about a broken toe. Other than that everything is good here. I made sure to wash my hands and take my vitamins since of course we didn't social distance, wear a mask, and hugged all family members yesterday.

It's funny I am not worried about getting it but having to report it to work. Sigh....
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySun Jan 16, 2022 11:59 am

Ouch, my toes hurts just thinking about what you went thru yesterday in those dress boots. I did the same thing years ago when I had a broken toe but had to wear dress shoes. The good news is it will heal. In the meantime ibuprofen is your friend if it really hurts.

I get what you mean about not being afraid of getting the china virus but being more afraid of having to tell your work. I'm betting lots of people don't tell their work when they get it. At least the mandate has been overturned (except for the poor healthcare workers)
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 12:57 am

Just stopped in to say hi.
Love yous.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 9:29 am

So glad to see you Jude. You are missed when you aren't around!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:39 am

Hi Jude!!

I am so bummed that the singer Meatloaf died. Of course everyone is asking if he died of covid because of his statements saying he was not getting the shot and would not live in fear. Really? The man had health issues over the years. I am so tired of everyone making comments "did they get the shot?" This society is a wreck.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 11:14 am

Couldn't agree more Connie. Of course no asks that about celebrities who died after getting the shot.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 4:59 pm

Have to tell you all this. Yesterday coming home from work I decided to go another route because the car in front of me was going slow. I said if it turns right (the way I go) I will go straight then take the main road home. So I am on the main road and I am heading east and there was a car heading west stopped with his turn signal on to turn left. Here comes either a dodge challenger or whatever the other one is. I can never remember. Anyways they were obviously not paying attention until the last minute and they swerved to avoid hitting the stopped car and it hit a snowbank and I was like please do not hit the utility pole and they did. I will never forget hearing the car horn and then the sound of the car hitting the pole. I didn't stop because there were cars behind me and nowhere close to really pull over safely. I do know the car that almost got hit turned very fast in the parking lot and I know other cars were starting to stop. I don't know if they were speeding or not but it was around 45-50 mph at that section. I hope this person wasn't seriously hurt but another reason why you need to pay attention!!! I can't say they were on the phone, or whatever.

When I got home I realized if that car did not go off the road it would have of course rear ended the stopped car and probably would have pushed it into my lane because I was coming up to where the car was stopped.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 6:34 pm

Oh damn Connie that was a close call! Your knees must have been knocking when you realized how close you came to getting creamed. I hope no one was hurt...and I'm sure you would have heard if there were serious injuries. You're right people HAVE to pay attention when driving. Especially in snow and icy conditions.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 am

Hope both of you are safe and warm this snowy weekend. I think the worst of the storm was going up the East Coast but I'm sure you both are getting some very cold and possibly snowy weather too.We got an inch or so of snow but it's already starting to melt.

So are you two going to watch Trump's rally tonite? last one had 55,000 people attending. The only station that shows it is NewsMax, I think. Maybe OAN does too, I don't know. I'm going to watch the pre rally show too because I'm hoping they'll have some good speakers. Figure I might as well watch it while I can since the MSM is trying its hardest to shut down NewsMax and Fox and OAN. Heck they've already cancelled OAN on Direct TV and from what I've heard that will just about shut OAN down. This is disgusting and scary and its only getting worse. I don't recognize this country anymore.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 2:28 pm

Probably not. I listen to Dan Bongino though. We had wind chill temps but no snow. I was watching some of the footage of the east coast. Glad that you all didn't get hit that hard. Suppose to have a couple of nice days next week then back down again. I don't think it's been a rough winter but I am over it already. LOL. I hauled wood in and the rug rats stayed maybe 5 minutes and they wanted in. Don't blame them!!!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 20 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 pm

Heck no I don't blame them either. We had a cold day...real feel temps in the 20's but at least it was sunny. Heading upstairs to watch Trump rally...
Back to top Go down

Connie are you okay??
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ourboard4 :: Current Events :: Chit Chat-
Jump to: