HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Connie are you okay??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DorisD

DorisD

Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 9:42 am

just lo. sigh. st another post...sorry cursgainer jumping again and I'm tired of correcting. some days it's too hard for me to post on here. I don't know why this suddenly started happening on here.

anyway, would love to see the flight 93 memorial and after hearing about connie's trip I want to go to gettysburg. sounds so interesting. I'm going to look into it.

I'm so sorry yogu lost your phone Connie. How awful. Next time link your photos to Google Photo and any time you take a picture it will automatically go to cloud based Google photo as well as remain on your phone. that way if you lose your phone you can still have your pics'. you can access them from your home computer or from your new phone.
i'm so paranois about losing my photos that I have them goota go...be r ight back...
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 11:09 am

Carp, my phone was backed up to google photos but the phone wouldn't stay connected to the wifi so no pictures would down load.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 12:10 pm

I'm confused. So your phone was on and taking pics but they didn't automatically load onto Google photo because the wifi connection was bad, right? And then the phone was stolen before you could get a good wifi connection, right? So the pic's you took while on vacation never had a chance to load onto Google Photo, right?

If that's the case then here's a thought...maybe when the creep who stole your phone turns it on to use it the unloaded pics it will have a good wifi connection and the pics will then be sent to Google photos! Wouldn't that be nice!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 9:40 pm

One could only hope that is so!

Still horrible that someone took it and never made any attempt to get it back to the rightful owner.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 10:16 pm

I am so glad you had a good time.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 1:37 pm

I keep hoping Connie will get it back in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 8:16 pm

They don't have my address. Only Tammy and Kim's cell phone numbers. It has been a week. I am sure they threw the phone away because when I couldn't find it I put a lock on the phone by calling Verizon. So who ever took my phone could not use it. Plus if they did try to get it "turned on" with their account my sim card number would appear and the store would know it was stolen. I am pretty sure they threw the phone away.

And my old photos were all stored on my extra storage card which does not down load to google photos because I chose to put them in my storage card.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 am

Oh darn. I was hoping they might have a shred of decency and try to find you so they could return it to r.

did I tell you all what happened on our trip...will type it up and post later... okay I'm back. Here's my story about what happened to us in St Augustine. And I apologize if I've already told you this...

One evening after dinner Jon and decided to walk over and look at the beach across from our hotel. On the boardwalk going over the dunes I glanced down and saw a credit card that someone had dropped. It was a visa card from an out of town bank that was a very brightly colored with a bold pattern on it. So I picked it up and when we got back to our hotel I went to the front desk and asked if they had anybody by that name registered at the hotel. The girl checked and said no. So we decided to go back to our room and call the 800 number on the back of the card and report it lost so they could freeze the card.

Well we got into the elevator of our hotel to go up to our room and at the last minute just before the door closed a couple about our age got in. We smiled and said hello and then everyone was silent. I had the credit card in my hand but the name on it was covered by my fingers. After a minute the woman says to me that's an unusual looking credit card you have, it's looks like mine does. So I asked her if she knew a guy named John P Jones (or whatever the real name was...I've forgotten it now) and she said yes she did and pointed to the guy next to her and said that's him right here, my husband! So I said well this is your lucky day because I found your card on the boardwalk and was just going up to call your bank. They were thrilled to get it back of course. Didn't even know he had dropped it but said he'd had it in the same pocket as his phone and they had stopped on the boardwalk to take pictures of the beach and it must have fallen out without him noticing. They were leaving in the morning to go back to the Midwest so they were so happy not to have to deal with a lost credit card. I told them I checked at the front desk to see if they were registered and that I was told they weren't. So it was just happenstance (or was it????) that they got onto the elevator at the same time as we did and she noticed the brightly colored card in my hand.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Don't you love it when that happens? They were led to you and Jon.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 8:52 am

I agree Jude. I don't think it was an accident or coincidence that they got into the same elevator as us.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 3:28 pm

I have to tell you what happened during the night.
I woke with a terrible cramp in my left leg in the left part of my thigh. It was horrible. I was finally able to get up and walk. It would not go away. I came out to the front room and grabbed my hand held massager. Went back to my room and used the massager and even that wasn't helping for a few minutes. Finally it went away. I turned off the light and got into bed. Stretched out and was afraid to move lest it came back. Suddenly, I remembered you, my Sib, telling us about when you were in that cart at Halloween and you got a cramp in your leg and was unable to move or get up to stop the cramp from getting worse. I started crying I felt so bad you.
I remembered I had not been drinking water and this is why I had the cramp. You better believe I am drinking a lot of water today.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Ah, If I only had that good person who found my phone. Done over with and have a new phone.
We have had almost none stop rain all day!!! Roads were starting to flood and had to take one detour. Not just a light rain but a ton of rain then light rain, maybe a hour without rain then rain again. Sigh.... I will never be able to mow!!!

Supposedly Friday and Saturday is suppose to be sunny. I will mow Sat. Even though I will have wet areas I will have to avoid. Plus they are talking rain all next week again. At least I should be able to hang my clothes out tomorrow! I don't remember ever such a rainy June in Ohio.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Did the people in the elevator show you ID? If not hope it really was the true owner. I know, suspicious me!

Jude, bet that cramp was a real painful one. That area is worse than the calf area. My daughter told me to drink pickle juice during a cramp. Yuck, but it has helped in the past. Not at the haunt on the trail ride, none there.
Lots of water helps too.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Now here is something more of the events of this morning at 2:am. Not only did I have a cramp in my leg Rocker Dave woke at 2:am with a cramp in his leg.
He was doing a lot of walking and working out and did not have any camps. Now he has a job as security and does not walk and work out like he was and he is having to sit a lot. Mine is from sitting at this computer. So what this tells us is sitting a lot can give you leg cramps at night.
Yes it is very important to drink water. Dehydration will really bring on the cramps.
I have never heard that pickle juice can help. See? We learn something new all the time.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Well my neighbor had to get his 4 wheeler out to pull me out of the mud. Sigh. The lawn mower just kept sliding more in the mud when I kept trying to get it on boards or rocking it back and forth. I had to wash the lawn mower down and my shoes! I hope to mow again this Sunday because they are talking rain again for Friday and Saturday. Our farmers are having a heck of time trying to get stuff planted. And the corn that is suppose to be knee high by July isn't even close!

I can't get stuck this time because my neighbor's are going to West Virginia for a few weeks. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 10:37 am

ng for rain here. soo dry. hope no mud for you connie. at least not til your neighbor gets back.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 12:18 pm

Well like the 3 of us we are in this hot and humid weather!! UGH!!! I have showered twice already. We are in the a/c and it's only noon. Sigh..... Trying to get the flowerbeds cleaned up a little at at time with this weather. I have the iris bed to clean up which is the worse one because I can't leave the dead leaves on them or they will get iris borers and rot.

I should be doing laundry but the thought of hanging clothes out in this is humidity is putting me off on doing it. But I will do it soon we are expected to get storms this afternoon.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 10:37 am

grew up in so. fla without ac but now couldn't live without it. humidity is the worst part.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 1:20 am

I hate the heat and humidity too. I am with you, I do not want to live without the AC.
Spoiled ones we are. But we deserve it.
I just love yous guys.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Yes, we are spoiled with ac and heat..and we're so lucky to live in a country where this is commonplace.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 2:22 pm

I grew up without AC, so I am quite happy being spoiled with it.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Same here Sibby. I had a bedroom window unit for a short period of time but it was loud so I quit using it. This is my first year of using the a/c. My parents just put one in last year also. They never had it. The only thing I really miss is my open windows at night. I love falling asleep to the frogs, the waterfall, and the peeps.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 7:18 pm

I love the nite sounds too Con...but not as much as I love the ac!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 10:37 pm

I love to hear the wind and the rain. We don't have frogs and peeps. So, I just enjoy the AC.
I am going to have to change my picture of Tom. He's startin' to turn me on.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 1:24 pm

I like to open my window when it rains. Love that sound.

Still like my AC at night though.
Back to top Go down

Connie are you okay??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next