Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Connie are you okay??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Jude

Jude

Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 7:25 pm

Our cats get Fancy Feast and dry food. I think it is Science Diet. And water.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 4:28 pm

And a loving home.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 8:42 pm

I tried again 3 times to get that bugger to take his pill and I swear he is putting that dang pill under his tongue and then spits it out. LOL. I did get him to take it with some raw hamburger!!! I am really debating now whether to call the vet or not. I just don't want to take him to the vet again just for him to sit there for a half hour like we have. I don't know.

I have thought about buying tuna in water to see if that helps but I am also wondering if me trying to change his food is not helping the situation and not maybe giving it enough time for his system to change.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 pm

You could try small amounts at a time of water packed tuna and see how it goes. So the vet says he has irritable bowel syndrome or something like that? Is he still losing weight? Poor little baby. Hey speaking of that...have you tried baby food? I wonder if that might be more easily digested?
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:23 pm

A good vet is one you will travel for. Luckily mine is only 3 miles away. This was the vet my mom used for many years, and when she moved to her current location it was 40 minutes away without traffic issues. Now I am south and very close, so very lucky Cider and Misty have a good vet.

I would definitely see if there is a less expensive cat food that will do what is needed for Mammacita's cat. I know when Growl had her troubles with extreme constipation that vet we took her too wanted her on a script diet that was "low residue", meaning it was more meat based and the cat would metabolize most of it so there was less to cause constipation.

I looked it up and found out the Weruva brand was perfect. Then I found out that most pet stores don't sell it but one.. Pet Valu. The stuff in there is not cheap, but it wasn't as pricey as that script stuff. Matthew and I have been regulars that ever since.

Right now we have to buy Cider's new food online. It isn't that expensive, but can't find it in the stores. Darn it, I am blanking on the name. No..wait.... Tiki Cat. That's it. The vet said that Cider would have a better chance of losing weight on it.

Of course we have Misty too, and she eats it but still wants more. I give her treats all the time, and she is always acting like we never feed her!

Always something with our babies.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:59 am

I'll look into a substitute for Mammacita's food Sibs. Thanks for the suggestion. At 40.00 a bag and 2.00 per can it's pricey so if we can find same for less she'll be thrilled. Thanks Sibs!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 3:31 pm

well mammacitas vet just told her he's going to supply her with the dry food FOR FREE and my vet will give her a senior discount on the canned food. Still pricey (2.00 a can) but of course i'll help her out...meaning i'll probably buy it for her.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Great vets no getting around that/
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 6:40 pm

got a call from Sibs today but couldn't answer cuz I was in the middle of Jon's therapy. Sorry about that sibaleena. I don't have much free time these days. hope al is well with you...and with everyone else of course.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 11:09 pm

No worries... just had some time driving to PT so I thought I would check to see how you were doing.
I figured you were busy.

Do take some time for yourself when you can. Care giving can be quite draining.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Thanks Sibs. I know you're right and I try to take care of myself but Jon and mammacita need me so I just have to power thru.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:55 pm

Love yous guys. All four of you.
Just wanted to say that in case you did not know this.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 8:15 am

pale Just kidding. Right back at ya
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 10:08 am

What Connie said!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 9:05 pm

That is the cross to bear being a caretaker. You just have to keep powering through.

Been there, still there....
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 3:45 pm

It's just a part of life.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 6:48 pm

At least Carp you are able to do the care taking and so did Sibby. It just seems so many people don't take care of family anymore. For whatever reasons.

Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 8:33 pm

I'm still care-taking with Matthew, but at a much lesser degree than I did with Dad.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 4:41 pm

You're right Connie. and that's sad.

Yes, you are Sibs. You're a good momma.
Back to top Go down

Connie are you okay??
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8