Connie are you okay??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 12:34 pm

I have noticed especially this weekend he hasn't wanted much of the canned food. But he is back to eating regular dry food. How do I know this? One crumbs from him by the bowl and second he chews a fuzzy ball after eating and it's sopping wet. LOL. I swear he uses it to clean his teeth!! Also noticed he isn't gassy either. Hmmm. Either his illness has settled down for now or the food is more suitable for him now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 05, 2020 4:07 pm

Oh I hope his tummy has finally settled down. Trying to find the right food for them...that they'll eat...is a real pain. Mine developed allergies to Fancy Feast so we switched them to water packed tuna (people food) and then the developed an allergy to that. Sheesh. Now we have them on the prescription ID and so far so good...although they aren't that crazy about it.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Cat problems are no fun, that is for sure.

I know when the vet wanted us to give Growl a prescription food I asked about what was in it and how it was supposed to help. When he said it was to give her food that would be mostly absorbed by her so her poop wouldn't build up. Low residue I think it was called. So I looked it up on the internet and found a brand of cat food that wasn't script but would do the same thing. It was Weruva.

Cider started out on that food too, but decided she liked kibble better, so we fed her the Valu Pet store brand of kibble. Well, now she is over a year and tubby tabby. We have had to switch her over to a new brand the vet suggested. Tiki Cat. We order it on Matthew's Amazon Prime account and get it in a day or two.

Cider and Misty LOVE the Temptations treats too. Especially Misty. She goes nuts, and will try to get to the container I keep the treats in if I don't hide it.

So, hope Jasper feels much better soon. Poor kitty.

Speaking of kitties.....
When my daughter left here and went home for Thanksgiving she and her husband were out running one morning and could hear something behind them rustling for a block or two. Turns out it was a tiny abandoned kitten, about 8 or 9 weeks old. She was trying to catch up to them and was quite friendly.

They took her immediately to a vet. She had worms, an eye infection an slight respiratory infection.
They kept her in isolation in the spare bathroom until she could be well enough to join their other cats. Now they have six cats, with little Sophie being the youngest now.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am

Oh bless your daughter for rescuing little Sophie. You trained her well Sibs.

Mammacita is going thru cat food sticker shock right now after her favorite cat was diagnosed with serious urinary tract condition that requires EXPENSIVE food that is prescription only. $2.17 a can and about 35.00 for a bag of dry. Has to be on it for life. Mammacita is on a very limited budget so this is going to be a hardship BUT she loooves that cat so I understand. But 100.00 + a month for cat food is not going to be easy.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Wow. Poor Mammacita.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:47 pm

I feel for Mammacita. There is no reason for food to be that expensive. Especially if they don't want to eat it. UGH. Jasper is going to go back to Purina sensitive stomach. Still a bit expensive but not nearly as hill's science diet. And I tried Nomnomnow and he liked it for awhile but he doesn't now. GRRR.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Yeah cats can be so picky and you hate to waste expensive food. I try to get mine to eat it by mixing a little wet and dry together. Sometimes that wolrs and sometimes it doesn't. I'm going to ask my vet if there's a less expensive food than ID that we can use.

Mammacita's vet is giving her a free bag of the expensive dry food. Everyone at the vets office loves her. She cooks meals for them and bakes for them as a way to show her appreciation for all they do for her for free. I have also knitted caps and scarves for her to give them. Of course I'll help her with the cat food too.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 9:56 pm

(((((Mammacita)))).
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 6:47 pm

I am glad that they are so kind to Mammacita. I try to give him canned food and he lick the juice more than anything. I had hot dogs for supper so he had a few bites of that. I will just deal with whatever comes.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Yes, Mom is very fortunate the Vet and his staff is so good to her. She does a lot for them to repay them. She cooks big meals for them and brings them baked goods and makes the girls jewelry and stuff. She's even offered to babysit for the Vets.

I'm glad you little baby is at least licking the juice/gravy from the cat food. Have you tried cooking him chicken and rice? My vet said that doesn't have enough nutrients for a cat but if it's all he'll eat it's better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 4:39 pm

Sounds as though you have a great vet and staff like we do.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Yes, she does and I am so grateful for them.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 1:51 pm

There are some vets who could not care less about animals since they are only in it for the money, and then there are those who have a calling to be a vet. Those are the ones we want for our fur babies.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 2:06 pm

I so agree. A good Vet is a treasure.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 1:56 pm

You got that right.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 2:27 pm

Vet's are pretty smart people. They have to know the anatomy, etc. of so many different animals. And it's very tough to get into Vet school. I had a co-worker whose husband tried to get into Vet school. I don't think he every made it.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 6:42 pm

I have heard that it is harder to get into vet school than med school and they have to go longer. Could just be a rumor.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 7:43 pm

I think you are right about that Jude.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 12:04 am

Vets are so important.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 11:20 am

I agree back in the day vets had a love for animals. Not saying there are some out there today who still are but few and far between. It's all about the money now. Jasper has his good days and bad. Yesterday was a bad day. He didn't want to eat, tried giving him his pill in the cheese and he ate the cheese but not the pill and usually I can get it in another piece of cheese but he wouldn't even touch it the second time. Will try later today. He ate this morning a bit. He is sleeping now. The more I read about IBD the more it is hard to keep it under control. I have to call the vet this week because he is almost done with his predisone. I went back to Purina One sensitive stomach formula and am going to check again some ingredients in wet food. I think trying to stay away from any wet food with grains might be his best bet.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Can he eat human canned tuna, Connie? Water packed tuna isn't expensive if you buy the store brand and if the Vet says its okay you might try that. Poor little fella. I hate that he's suffering.

Also ask your vet for that stick like thing that you use to give cats a pill. It's what I use. It has a rubber tip with a slit in it that you put the pill in and then you kinda hold the cats head ( I hold it from behind) and tilt the head back and pop the pill in way down in the throat.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 9:26 pm

Or u can try the pink pill grinder that you get at Wal Mart. Grind the pill and put it in the cheese.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 2:42 pm

A great idea, Jude. This morning Mammacita told me that she got her cats to eat the canned food they didn't like by pouring a teaspoon of warm water over it and mushing it all up. She said her cats gobble it right up when she does that.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 3:53 pm

I am so glad to hear this. I know it makes her less anxious too.
((Mammacita )))
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 7:00 pm

I'm gonna try it with my cats tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down

Connie are you okay??
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7