Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Connie are you okay??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
DorisD

DorisD

Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 pm

Yes, it is amazing how fast those steroids can work. So maybe one pill has made him feel a bit better. Those dang kitties know when we're trying to give them medicine, don't they! Good luck giving it tonite.

Yellow Cat must be in heaven inside your house Jude. I can just see him curled up on your sectional. And I agree that animals know what we're saying to them. They certainly know a loving heart and safe home so he must be very thankful right now.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 am

Yellow cat is finally realizing how good he has it now!!! How is the new house??

Well I ended up loosing 1 pill in his food because he must know it's in there so I gave him his pill by hand. He was not a happy camper. LOL. He seems to be eating more dry food but not sure if he has gained weight yet. I don't think he is loosing any either. Today is his last day for the full pill then I start the half for a week. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Connie did you vet give you one of those syringe like devices that you put the pill in and stick it way in the back of the mouth near the throat? I use one of those. It still isn't easy though.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 12:58 pm

We have a little deal--I know that describes it a lot-- that grinds it up to put in food.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:01 pm

Oh dang that's a great idea. Where did you get it Jude?
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 3:35 pm

I will ask Darrell.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 6:03 pm

I am now using cheese as a decoy and so far so good. But he still hasn't gained any weight. His diarrhea is really bad. I feel so bad for him. He is not in pain, still eating and drinking so I am going to keep my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 12:49 pm

Glad to hear he is still eating and drinking that has to be a good sign.
What does the vet have to say about the diarrhea?
I so hope he gets to feeling better soon.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Oh poor thing. No wonder he isn't gaining weight if he has bad diarrhea. I wonder the same thing Jude asked...what does the vet say about the diarrhea? That can't be good.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Yellow Cat is gaining weight. He so needs a bath.
Trying to find a groomer who grooms cats.
Hoping the best for your baby, Ornery.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Jude have you tried using baby wipes or those pet wipes to wipe him down? Most cats keep themselves clean but I gave Isabella a bath when I brought him in from outside. Fortunately he didn't fight me...but I sure wouldn't try it today!
I'll bet you can clean Yellow Cat with a damp washcloth or some of those wipes. I'd ask at the pet food store if they have any products that would do it.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm

You know I thought of that with the wipes too.
I am going to try it. Too, I was going to do the dry shampoo but Darrell said they need to be brushed after using that. Good luck on that one.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 8:01 am

I bathed 2 of my original cats back in the day. Not again!!! Good luck with yellow cat. It's so much harder with a cat than a dog to groom.

Jasper is slowly getting better. He didn't have such bad diarrhea yesterday. I bought chicken gizzards, hearts and some chicken thighs and made broth. He does like that and that may help heal his intestine. I have to pick up today when the vet opens prescription food. That will cost me. But I also bought from chewy 2 small bags that are recommended for IBD.

He is for sure hungry but his stomach lining won't absorb the nutrients right now. So I just feed him whenever he is hungry.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Yeah Jude I wouldn't use the dry shampoo. Just try a wet washcloth or wipes that are made for cats. The babywipes might upset his stomach if he licks his fur.

Connie I'm glad to hear Jasper is doing a little better. Poor baby.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 2:18 pm

So has yellow cat gotten a bath/cleaned yet?? Did you survive the cleaning?? LOL

Jasper is the same. He is not thrilled about the Hill's science diet food. He will eat a little of it but still prefers the Purina. I may ask the vet for a prescription for Purina special diet. He still has diarrhea now and then but not terrible like it was. He still eats and drinks and he moves around. He is on half a tablet every other day of Predisone. That helps with the cheese bait. LOL. We go day by day.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 10:36 am

Oh I'm sending healing prayers for little Jasper. I hope his tummy troubles go away. Have you tried the Science Diet ID prescription food for digestive problems? Expensive but it's so filling that one can goes a long way so in the end it isn't that much more than regular food. Oh and I sprinkle a little of the Core Wellness dry food on top of the Science Diet and they seem to like that.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 22, 2019 6:57 pm

No, he has not had a bath yet.
I so hope Jasper gets better.
Yes, Yellow Cat is glad to have a family who loves him.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 am

Thank you Jude for giving Yellow Cat a safe loving home.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 11:13 pm

I keep wiping Yellow Cat down with wipes and cleaning his ears so he is getting a lot cleaner.
He and Varga and Chi love the presents and treats Santa brought for them.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 3:59 pm

I am so glad you two took in Yellow Cat. Smile

Carp, Jasper is on the Hill's science diet prescription for stomach issues. He just isn't fond of it. I am going to do some searching for treats without any corn meal, rice, etc to see if he will like those and the same with canned food. Even the prescription diets have some sort of vegetables or rice in it. Which is weird since that is why the vet puts them on a special diet.

We had 60 degree weather today so the rug rats had a little bit of time out today. Not much since I was helping my Aunt and Uncle today.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 7:12 am

my cats aren't crazy about the science diet ID either. i sprinkle a little dry food over it and they seem to like that better. they will eventually eat it but they don't gobble it like they used to do their other food. but over time they have grown used to it. it has stopped them from barfing so i'm not going to change from it.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 11:11 pm

Yellow Cat gets Fancy Feast and Temptation treats I think that is the name of the treats. And now and then he gets some warm milk.
Yesterday Rocker Dave and I were eating dinner and the big dog bed of Varga's was on the floor. Yellow Cat steps into the bed and proceeds to pee. I think he though of it as a litter box. His ass was shown the door real quick and the bed was put out on the deck until I can clean it.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Aw geez I'm sorry to hear that. Does yellow cat use his litter box okay? Once mine did that when he had a urinary tract infection. I think he was trying to let me know he was sick
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 9:55 pm

I hope it was just an accident. I had to find a home for one stray because she would pee everywhere! She peed on my chair, down the register/duct. She just didn't comprehend after being outside all the time that she couldn't just pee anywhere. I hope that isn't the case with yellow cat. Let's hope he will go to the door to go outside then come in.

My cats get Temptations for their treats and Fancy Feast medleys for wet food. Jasper is so gassy!!! OH MY GOSH he has stunk me out a lot. Poor thing. His stool is still not the best but he is still continuing to eat and drink water. Not much in the weight dept yet. He is running around a bit more. Trying to find the right food is a challenge.

I have bought nom nom now an online pet food and he's okay with it. Same with Fancy feast Purely. I just try to switch it up.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 8:40 am

Sometimes cat pee in inappropriate places when they have a bladder infection. It's their way of telling you they're sick.

My cats don't like the canned prescription ID food but they eat it. I also give them Core Wellness dry food. Pricey but they have ow stopped puking everywhere.
Back to top Go down

Connie are you okay??
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next