Connie are you okay??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 11:34 am

Same here! I hate most of the recent colors I chose for the hallway, living room/kitchen and family room but I absolutely hate painting so it stays.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Well, if you ever decide to repaint I'll do all the cut in work cuz I like doing that but I hate the rest of painting.
For me the hardest part is picking the colors. It takes me YEARS to choose a color I like. Then I buy a small sample size and paint it on a poster board and set it in the room to see if I still like it
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Now that is a great idea.
You're just smart as hell.
Ornery, I would not want to paint either.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 7:17 pm

Are you all moved in yet Jude? I'm dying to hear all about it.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Hell no.
Still packing up.
Poor Darrell works all day then comes back to pack more stuff to take home.
But we will get it.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 9:24 am

I think moving in slowly is the best way. gives you time to get organized as you move.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 12:18 pm

All we can do is pack and  move what we packed to the new house.
Believe it or not, some day we will even get what we moved to the new house unpacked and put away.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 11:33 am

It's a big job that's for sure. A lot of hard work and stress but so worth it once it's all done. I'm so happy for you and Darrell.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 8:00 pm

I know I am weird but I loved packing and moving. LOL. Probably why I have done it over 10 times including living at home. I'd do it again if it wasn't that I love my property. If could rebuild on the same property I would put a ranch in.

Drake and Jasper go for their rabies shot next Monday but I am still so concerned with Jasper. He is still not gaining weight. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I feed him canned cat food before I leave for work as much as he will eat. I feed him that when I get home also. He gets extra treats plus I do see him eat dry food just not as much. Plus he still drinks water, not excessively. I do not think the vet was right that one of the other kids was keeping him away from the food. I think there is something wrong with his stomach. And if he eats too much canned cat food he gets diarrhea. So keep Jasper in your prayers to see what is going on.

Had a dentist appt after work and man my teeth are sore!!! She has to dig up under the gum line of my molars because of bone loss. Both sides. And I will loose the one tooth on top because the bottom one is missing and it is slowly sliding down, which that tooth is starting to get a cavity because of the sliding of the tooth (exposing new area of the tooth) but he isn't going to do anything with it because I will eventually loose that tooth. As long as it doesn't go to tooth next to it he won't do anything. So I will double the efforts on that tooth so it doesn't spread to the good tooth. Sigh.....

I probably should have put a "don't read Sibby" on that post. LOL. She would be cringing.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Oh geez I'm sorry to hear you're having dental problems. It's so dang expensive to have anything done. I hope the tooth lasts a long time Connie. And take some ibuprofen for your sore mouth tonite.

I feel badly about Jasper. I think the vet needs to do some more checking. I agree that it sounds like something is going on with his stomach. You would see if the other cats were preventing him from eating. I'm going to say lots of prayers that the Vet can find out whats going on and treat it. Has the Vet done any blood work on him? Doesn't sound like food allergy because he isn't throwing up the food. Diabetes maybe? Be sure to let us know what the vet says.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Blood work was done when he went in the first time for the weight loss. No parasites, worms, etc. She said his teeth looked good also. I don't think he is diabetic because his urine out put has not increased in frequency or amount. Plus he isn't drinking excessively. Next Monday I will see what can be done.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Hmmm, well maybe it is a food allergy. Cats are notorious for that. I've had that problem with 3 of my cats. I also had a cat that was allergic to pollen in the Spring.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 6:54 pm

I had bought Purina sensitive stomach and urinary dry food and he doesn't really eat either but everyone else does. I am buying the regular Purina tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 12:15 pm

I finally had to buy the Science Diet ID canned food from the Vet ($2.00 a can!!) and the Wellness Core dry food for sensitive stomach from Petco for my cats. Both expensive BUT it works (no puking) and best of all it's so full of protein that they eat less of it than regular canned cat food or the human tuna that we were feeding them so it turns out to be less expensive than it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Yeah we use the science diet here too.
Our Yellow Cat- the stray is settling in nicely. But Lacy our kitty is not liking him.
Nick came over today and Lacy ran to him. She has always loved Nick. She will pat him on the cheek. I asked him if he wanted to take her home with him. She has been hiding in the garage and now she is sneezing and coughing a little. She is up on her shots and just had her checkup, so I hope she just has a little cold.
Nick took her home with him.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Still up in the air with Jasper. The vet said allergies but I don't agree. But she also said it could be pancreatitis, irritable bowel syndrome, or the worse case, cancer. Blood work would show the first issue but they of course did not run that test the first time. Why? Who knows. The second issue would be a biopsy and I won't put Jasper through that. He lost 1 more pound. But I also told the vet that he is eating in small amounts the regular Purina, that I give him canned cat food morning and night, treats whenever he wants them. We are going to see if he gains weight in December. If I feel he hasn't I will bring him in to weigh him and if he has lost weight then do the first test.

He seems to be more alert, and moving around than before. But the vet also said that cats keep their cards to themselves and it's hard to know when they are sick. So he is not out of the woods yet.

He weighs 7 pounds and his brother is 15. LOL. The vet had a hard time listening to Drake's heartbeat between him purring and the "extra cushion".
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 11:21 am

Oh geez I hope and pray both of your cats are okay. It's so hard with cats because as the vet told Connie it's hard to know when they aren't feeling well. I'm glad to hear nick took lacy and hope her little cold goes away soon. Oh I'm glad you brought Yellow Cat with you. That little thing wouldn't have made it without you.
Connie I know what you're going thru trying to figure out what's going on with jasper. My iZzy still throws up her food from time even though we now only give her the expensive stuff.the dr says food allergies and. Have to admit she's improved since I switched her food.
We go thru all kinds of trouble for our fur babies don't we? But they bring us so much joy so they're worth it.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm

I think I will call the vet on Monday and schedule a blood test. Just to rule or find out if it is pancreatitis. He has only thrown up twice. And once was because he was eating grass and he normally does that. But he does have diarrhea every time he goes to the bathroom. Still loves to be outside and climbed a tree yesterday. Went hunting today. I will give him the best of care and love no matter what. He is sleeping under the tree right now. The cats love the lights for the warmth.

Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 4:34 pm

Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 Jasper11
Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 Jasper12

First picture of Jasper is yesterday climbing a tree and the one on the computer desk was a couple days ago. You can see how skinny he has gotten.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 12:06 am

What a beautiful baby.
I so hope it is nothing serious wrong with him.
The other day I pulled the big soft throw down from the back of the couch and picked up Yellow Cat and put him on my lap. I kept petting him and he started purring he was so happy.
He lets us know when he has to go out and when he wants back in. He knows he has a family who loves him and he is one happy baby boy. He is very skinny too. We are going to take him to the vet and get him started on shots and his checkup. We did worm him.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 2:22 pm

Oh I hope and pray Jasper is going to be okay. I think you're right to have the blood test. Please let us know what you find out Connie. I will be praying for him.

And Jude you and Darrell are angels to bring Yellow Cat inside. He will love living in a warm safe environment and especially all the petting and attention he'll get. I pray for him to be healthy too. Keep us posted on him.

Our fur babies make our lives so much better and they are truly family members so when they're sick it's really terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Hoping that yellow cat will realize that being inside is so much better than being outside. Smile Okay. The latest on Jasper. He has mild to moderate pancreatitis. But of course that issue is because of an underlying problem. One it is either IBS/D Irritable Bowel Disease or Gastrointestinal cancer. I will not subject him to a scope or biopsy to see the IBS/D. He is on predisone starting today. Of course 1 tablet a day for 5, then decreasing.

If that helps the vet will either keep him on a lower dosage for awhile longer with a special diet, like Hill's science diet or the vet mentioned a Purina product. If it's the urinary tract I will say no. Jasper and the rest do not like it. But the steroid should help with the diarrhea and increase his appetite.
The special diet breaks down the protein enzyme in the food to help him absorb the nutrients. His stomach lining can be irritated and or getting thick. Which stops the absorbency of his food.

We are not out of the woods yet but I think in a week I will know a difference.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Oh i hope and pray the shot works and the vet can control it with medication. My Izzy had two cortisone shots and they helped her a lot to keep her food down.

Poor little Jasper. Let us know how the shot works.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 7:24 pm

No shots. I have a huge pill to give him. I was crushing it and mixing it in his canned food but the bugger tonight did not eat all of his canned food. And I didn't put much on the plate. GRRR. I will try later tonight. He is eating some dry food now. And he seems to be more active. I doubt one dosage of the steroid would be so effective but what do I know.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Healing prayers for little Jasper.
Yellow Cat likes to sleep on the sectional, but I make sure there is a cover there.
I am glad to see he is beginning to clean himself. I sat close to him and told him he is looking good and he is a handsome fellow. He butted my hand and purred. I don't care what people say, animals understand what we are saying.
Love to all.
Back to top Go down

Connie are you okay??
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next