HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Connie are you okay??

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DorisD

DorisD

Connie are you okay?? Empty
PostSubject: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 10:44 am

Worried about you after hearing of the terrible storms and tornadoes that went thru your area. Please check in with us.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 6:47 pm

I did send you an email. I live in Portage county and I think it was Richland county that got hit hard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 am

OMG, I'm just now seeing this thread. Sorry for never responding to it.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyThu May 30, 2019 8:46 am

Once again the news is reporting terrible weather and tornadoes in Ohio so of course I'm worried about you Connie. Please let us know that you're okay.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyFri May 31, 2019 9:01 pm

Way north east of Dayton. They upgraded the tornado to a 4. My Aunts 2 stepsons live in Dayton. They were ok. Storm did not hit them. All the tornadoes were west of me. We didn't even have any nasty storms, lots of rain but no nasty storms.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyFri May 31, 2019 11:41 pm

Yes, please keep us posted on how you are doing.
We love ya.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 10:05 am

Whew! That sure is a relief to hear, Con. And I'm glad your Aunts steps sons are okay too. Man that weather has been awful in the midwest and those poor people keep getting slammed.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 3:16 pm

What we are being warned about here in the Pacific Northwest are the coming wild fires. They are a real bitch. I feel so sorry for the animals.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 2:51 pm

Oh geez Jude that's scary as hell. Get your stuff all ready so you can jump in the car with your fur babies as soon as the evacuation is ordered. Please be careful.

My heart breaks for all the animals in the path of the fire.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 3:15 pm

This usually happens in the country or the mountains.
If the crap beneath the trees was cleaned out and the dead trees removed it would not be half as bad.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Or the assholes who start the fires. GRRR
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 6:00 pm

often times its the tree huggers who object to clearing the undergrowth and dead trees. Very dangerous as tthat all beomes very flammable as it dries.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Just a heads up ladies that from Sunday until Tuesday I will be in Gettysburg. Next couple of days I will be cleaning house, maybe mow again. We have had so much rain today it's not even funny!! I don't think it's stop but maybe for a hour or two then back to rain and heavy down pours! Not sure if I will be able to mow one more time before I leave.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 7:58 pm

There can be too much of a good thing, too.
We are getting rain right now and boy oh boy do we need it.
We are hearing that the fires were set here. Sick bastards.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Hope the fire bugs get caught and brought to justice.

Connie, Gettysburg is only two hours away from me. Too bad I can't come up to see you.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 9:55 am

OMG have fun Connie and be sure to tell us all about it when you get back. I'm so excited and happy for you! Take lots of pics. Have a great time. I can't wait to hear about it! Woo Hoo! A girls trip to a historic place. What could be better?!
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 7:30 am

You will have lots of fun there. So much to see.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 8:55 am

I wish Con could meet up with you Sibs. I so loved our meeting years ago at the airport. One of these days we have to figure out a way to all get together.

And Sibs I want to say again how glad I am that you are back on here. We missed you!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 1:23 am

Yes, that would be so much fun for the two of you.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm

I would have been open to it except this weekend was already full.
Is Connie still there? Hope she's having a blast.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 6:35 pm

I think she must be there by now. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Jon and I loved meeting you Sibs. I hope we can do it again someday.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 am

Definitely! Problem is never enough time or money at the same time for travel!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Thats why I have to win the lottery!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Sibby, never thought that you would be that close! We had a very good time except.... Later on that.

I got home Tuesday night around 5ish? Tired for sure. But on the way home we did stop at the Flight 93 Memorial. Very very emotional. I didn't cry but I touched every name on that wall!! We did hit most of what we wanted to see. The motel was nice but we were near the indoor pool and we could smell the chlorine, I would not stay on that side again.

We did the 2 hour car tour ( a guide takes our car) and he was very informative. Of course he can't show us everything so we went back later and went to more areas. Devil's den for one and more of the monuments. I did buy a small book that had all the monuments because some of them you just don't see. I will have Tammy and Kim for sure down load more to FB. We also on the way home got to see 2 covered bridges.

We also went to the Jenny(ie) Wade house, Hermitage Center, saw the diorama ( show was boring but diorama was cool), The cemetery, both. Dobbin's restaurant which also was a slave hideout, gosh I can't remember the rest yet. Of course the Gettysburg Museum. The only down side is which I know Sibby and Jude know is my phone was stolen.

I went to the bathroom and hung up my small (itsy bitsy) purse, and bag that I bought a t shirt in. I went to sit down and realized my phone was in my back pocket so I placed it on the toilet paper holder and I forgot it. When I realized around a hour later I ran back in there and of course it was gone. So I went to the service desk and asked if anyone turned it in, of course not. So Kim kept calling my phone to see if we could hear it and nothing. So I got on the phone with Verizon and locked my phone.

Of course they wanted my pin and I said I am out of state and I don't remember my pin. GEEZ. So I put on FB that I knew they could see my page and they had no conscious to return something that wasn't theirs and hoped that they loose something like I did and see how it feels. Plus how everyone knows that a cell phone is a person's life line. So of course I have lost all my kids pictures because I didn't put them in the cloud but my sim card and of course all my Gettysburg pictures. Sigh.....

Other than that we really had a nice time. We are talking about either New Orleans on the off season or Nashville/Memphis as our next girl's vacation.
Back to top Go down
Sibby

Sibby

PostSubject: Re: Connie are you okay??   Connie are you okay?? EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm

So glad you had a good time, except for the phone part.
I used to go camping up there every year while my children were little. Saw everything you did over the years. You know Matthew's favorite thing was the ghost tours. There used to be a mini golf just outside of town but I hear it was torn down.

Never did see the Flight 93 Memorial. Maybe can go there with my daughter driving.
Back to top Go down

Connie are you okay??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next