Ourboard4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ourboard4

Online Preds Rule!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spring has Sprung??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 5:05 pm

No I can not feed the fish when it gets cold out. 40 degrees and below I stop. The fish can't digest the food as well and it could sit in their stomachs and rot. Plus they kind of hibernate. And with winter I don't have any critters trying to get into the pond except for that damn mink last year. GRRRR.

My windows were nothing but builder grade to begin with so I have always had an issue with 2 windows being hard to open and close and the screens not fitting right, they had the tabs to keep them in place and that is a joke. And the patio door you always could hear the pond through where the slider met with the stationary part of the patio window until you pressed on it.

Our governor still insists on masks and people are going to get tired of it sooner or later. Did you see where an Ohio mom was at a football game without a mask and they asked her to leave and she refused and they tased her, handcuffed her and removed her from the area? I would be suing the hell of the rent a cop/security. OUR governor said we shouldn't make a big stir over it. Really????

And tell me where wearing masks has stopped this virus??? We still have people catching it and dying from it and you can't tell me that all of them didn't wear masks. GRRR.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 6:57 pm

49 is a little chilly.
You have found out that the virus killed Sibby? I did not know this. I am still of the opinion that the virus is mostly a hoax.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 7:11 pm

Thanks for the info about the fish and winter, etc. Very interesting. I didn't know any of that.

As for the windows you are right that builder grade aren't as good as the new windows you'll be getting. I'll bet your house will be a lot warmer this winter and cooler in the summer. My neighbor claims that her new windows cut her utility bills and kept her house a lot warmer/cooler. I'll be interested to hear if that's the case with you.

Don't even get me started on masks and the governors who are locking down their states. It's total BS. Although I have to say that since they are mandatory to wear I was going to ask you girls if you want me to send you one that I made. So if either of you want one just let me know.

This whole CHINA virus bull is going to change after the election if slow Joe wins everything will open up the next day. I hate those flipping evil ________s. When did the Dem party become devils??? I pray to God that Trump wins so for at least 4 more years we'll be somewhat safe.

Get your guns and stock up on necessities ladies.

Just read your post Jude. I blame the virus for Sibby dying because she didn't go to the hospital when she should have because she was afraid of getting the virus. But I'd bet money the hospital listed her death as covid.

My neighbor told me her friends son died in a car wreck last month and they listed his cause of death as covid. The mother challenged that and told the hospital to change it because her son DIDN'T have covid but the hospital refused! No surprise there. So those numbers of covid deaths in this country are all a bunch of bull.

Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 pm

I am going to say this then I am going to shut up. I wish Sibby had stopped and thought about getting to the hospital quickly especially with having breathing problems and some chest pain. She knew she had to be there for Matthew. However, this could go two ways. Not wanting to contract the virus because of Matthew, so she waited. I blame the hospitals for scaring people needlessly with the virus scare.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 7:55 am

I know what you mean Jude. I feel frustrated too and wish to God she had called me that Fri because I would have told her (or done it myself) to call and ambulance ASAP or get her happy ass to the ER and not to worry about the virus. I know she is the one who made the bad decision but I have heard from so many that they are afraid to go to Dr or hospital these days becuase of the damn virus. That's why I blame the Left for scaring people over something that isn't as bad as they say.

Yes, Connie I heard about that Ohio woman and I saw it on Fox. Makes me furious. Like you I hope she sues. Especially since some of the Security Guards weren't wearing masks. This is complete and utter bull.

And now it's coming out more and more that MASKS DON'T HELP and even worse the CDC has known this since ling before Covid got here. It was their official stance until Fauci flipped (probably after Soros and Gates told him too). There was a study in Edinboro long ago and that proved this among others. This is all political BS.

Back to Sibby. It still breaks my heart to think of her passing like she did. It was so needless. I'm going to send a card to her family today. The one good thing to come out of this is her passing has taught many an important lesson and it's been a wake up call to many.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 4:53 pm

You are so right, Little Buddy.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2020 6:18 pm

Are you guys as sad about this as I am? I just can't get over the fact that Sibs died so needlessly. Normally she would go to the Dr or hospital at the drop of a hat but fear of the damned China virus stopped her this time. I hate this flipping virus and all the lies and BS surrounding it. Her death was caused by Liberal fear mongers.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 3:53 pm

I totally agree. If Sibby would have gone on that Friday when she was having chest pains the hospital could probably have stopped her heart attack. I assume it was a heart attack because I have not heard anything otherwise. Or helped with her breathing. I would like to know what she passed of but I don't want to be rude and ask Siana.

After the service I went outside to check on the kids and it hit me again that she is gone. Just like Jasper. At least with Jasper it isn't as often but the suddenness takes your breath away. Now we will never know if Siana sells the house, Matthew moves with her? or Siana moves back home? Because we don't have that link anymore.

I am going to go and read my book to take my mind off things. Have a good weekend ladies.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 03, 2020 6:28 pm

I understand how you feel Connie. I feel the same. Just today, AFTER Sibby's service I had a fleeting thought of calling her and then I instantly remembered that I couldn't. Very weird. But it made me so sad. And, like you Connie, it made me think of Sam's passing.

I just can't get over the fact that she is gone...so young and so needless. The freaking Liberals have scared people so bad they aren't getting the medical treatment they need.

Like you I wish we could know what happens to Sibby's house and to Matthew.

Based on her symptoms of having difficulty breathing and chest pains I think it;s safe to assume it was a heart attack. But we may never know for sure.
This whole thing is so sad.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 3:05 pm

Yes, it is sad.
Now President Trump is in Walter Reed. They say he will probably be out tomorrow. He is a very strong man and a fighter. I think this is God's way of showing the country that the virus is not as big a deal as they are trying to make it. I think our country will be opening up real soon.
Darrell and I were having dinner out last evening and just before we were ready to leave, I looked across the room to see a man carrying a little girl. He looked so much like my nephew Gary I almost broke down right there. I had to get out of there.
We know our love ones are in a better place, but we still miss them and morn their passing.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 04, 2020 6:33 pm

Oh Jude, I'm so sorry for the sadness you feel over losing Gary. It hurts so bad. Even though you know he's no longer suffering you just want him back. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but there are no words that can replace someone you love. Just remember we're here for you anytime and we understand the pain you're going thru.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jude))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 6:10 pm

Thank you, Little Buddy.
(((((((((Little Buddy Ornery))))))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 7:23 pm

Sometimes we get so caught up in our own pain and problems that we forget our friends are suffering too. I'm sorry that I did that to you Jude. I was upset over the loss of my cat and then Sibby and I forgot that you were suffering the terrible loss of your nephew. I know losing your nephew was a much bigger blow to you than losing my cat was to me. I'm so sorry for what you're going thru.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 7:16 am

Hugs Jude! Too me every loss is important no matter who or what.

Jude, how's your iris doing?? Don't panic if it's starting to turn yellow because it's getting ready for winter!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 9:09 am

I can't wait to see what color those iris are going to be. I so wish I could grow flowers. My backyard is too shady and front yard is rock hard clay. I usually put pots of flowers on my deck in the spring and summer and I love seeing them when I look out my kitchen window. But when winter comes and it's time to throw them out it breaks my heart. I have tried planting them in my yard instead but they never live.

Early last spring my neighbor gave me some lenten rose seed pods and I planted them in my backyard where I have some other lenten roses so I'm hoping they will grow.

Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 5:29 pm

I know you both care.
Our fur babies are as important to us as anyone else in the family. And yes I mean that.
My Iris are doing well. I can't wait to see what color they will be too.
Darrell built a beautiful wooden railing around the deck.
We love this house and grounds so very much.i
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 6:14 pm

I'm so happy for you and Darrell. You have the house of your dreams and you're making it even better. I'm so glad that both of you have such lovely homes that you love.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 6:58 am

I have never tried growing lenten rose by seed. Let me know how they do Carp!

Jude, I am so glad you and Darrell found the house of your dreams! That is how I felt when I saw this property after looking at a couple of others.

Split wood with the neighbor's yesterday and will do some this morning also. The wood shed is about full but will stack the rest on some long limbs to keep the rest off the ground and will cover with tarps. I need to mow but Mom mentioned going to an antique shop and I can't pass that up!!! Then tomorrow it's back to work. These 3 days off went way too fast!!! Having beautiful fall weather also.

Talk to you all later!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 10:00 am

All my lenten roses grew by seed. The seeds actually must have either blown over from my neighbors yard (she has a lot of lenten roses) or a bird or squirrel some how transferred the seeds into my backyard which is a natural area. I never bought or planted them! They just started growing in a couple of spots around the yard so I transplanted them to an area where I can see them from my kitchen window. There are at least a half dozen and they're doing well.My neighbor told me they drop seeds and then little seedlings grow and that I could transplant them, which I did. Then this year she brought over a bunch of the pods that she said contained their seeds. She said all I had to do was drop them where ever I wanted them to grow but instead of just dropping them I dug a very slight hole and dropped the pod in and lightly covered it with soil and leaves. So we'll see if anything grows from that. I may have made a mistake in doing that. Maybe I should have just done what she said and dropped them on the ground where I wanted them to grow. I'll let you know.

Connie you are wise to get all your wood split and covered and ready to go for winter. Do you have any of it stored where its easy to get to in the winter? Some people around here stack some near their back door or even in the garage, although I've heard doing that risks inviting termites.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:45 pm

I bet your roses are going to grow and be just beautiful.
Yes, Darrell and I looked at a lot of property and I could not understand why Father was not helping us to find our forever home. But when I saw this house and grounds I whispered, now I know why none of the others were right for us.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 9:34 am

Yep, those other properties weren't right for you, Jude. And now you're in the right place. Waiting is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 5:47 pm

The only thing I would have done was remove the seeds from the pod. I agree with digging a slight indentation to cover the seeds. That helps protects them and keeps them warm. I just dug up my banana plant and will bring it inside tomorrow. I had it in the ground over winter (with extra protection) but because it takes so long for the soil to warm up that it really doesn't grow as tall. So it will be a houseplant this winter.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 2:20 pm

Good tip, Con. I will remember that this year. Hopefully at least some of the ones I planted will grow.

I have seen banana trees here that are left out all winter and I wondered how they could survive. I doubt they ever produce banana's though. I remember picking and eating banana's off my grandparents tree in Florida. yumm.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 4:17 pm

We had a beautiful Saturday today. A frost in the morning but warmed up enough for us to be outside all day and even mowed, blew out the gutters, watered the plants on the porch. One more frost and they will have to be dug up and stored for winter. I wish I could keep my elephant ears inside but they get so big and I have no room to keep them.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Where do you store them in the winter Connie? In your garage? I heard you should dig up geraniums and throw them in the dark crawl space under your house for winter. I never did that though. I brought them in and put them on my closed in porch or on a shelf in my garage that I put in front of the window in my garage. Only watered them when they got really dry which wasn't very often. They always made it thru the winter.
Back to top Go down

Spring has Sprung??
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next