Spring has Sprung??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2019 10:59 am

Yes, it's a rider. A cub cadet. I am glad my neighbor helped because Dad just thought it was the belt and my neighbor was there and saw that the belt melted the fan. The belt jumped the spindle in the back end and encircled the fan and caused the mower to not move either way. Now it's fixed plus they filed more of a groove for my handle that engages the blades. It kept popping out when I would try and mow.

Now if it EVER quits raining for a few days I can mow again. Sigh.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 04, 2019 12:18 pm

Oh I'm so glad they were able to fix it. And I'm really glad its a riding mower. You need one with a yard that big. Imagine if you had to push mow it! OMG it would take you days.

Yeah, the rain is really something this year...but on the plus side that's less watering. All our trees and ground covering looks great from all the rain. I'm hoping my hydrangeas will be really pretty from it too.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 11:41 pm

All our Lilacs are out and they are so big and plump and beautiful.
You know, I was thinking a while ago--this is why I came back on--I so wish the old crowd would come back. I really miss them. I see them on face book but it isn't the same. We sure had a lot of laughs.
Also, I sure miss our Sibby.
Good night all. If I think of anything else, I'll run back on.
The Jude
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2019 9:54 am

I miss them too Jude. I guess FB has changed the way people communicate. I understand that but it makes me sad. I guess it's easier for Sibs to get on FB than on here. Our loss. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Yes, our loss.
I have been trying to find a good agent. No luck yet, but I am not going to give up.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 9:26 am

Well if anyone can do it you can. Being persistent is one of your good traits. It's gotten you pretty far in life and the reason you are a known author!

The husband of my dear friend who died a few years ago just emailed to tell me he wrote a book and is having a signing this weekend. He has been struggling for years to get his work out there. I haven't read his book yet. I hope it's good.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2019 12:59 am

Thank you, my dear friend.
I wish your new author friend the very best of luck.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks Jude. I'll let you know after I read his book.

Hey, I wonder if Kenny ever showed up for work on Mon & Tues.? I'll bet he didn't. Sure hope Justin hires someone to take his place so Connie doesn't have to do his share of the work.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2019 11:07 pm

Oh that would be great.
This way it would be too late for him to change his mind.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2019 9:40 am

Jude, I believe you will find the right agent for you!!

Kenny did not show up Monday or Tuesday. Dan and I were extremely busy all week!!! Of course this is where management and employees differ. He is not going to hire. He says the office people can do some of the small stuff. Like checking the ups parcels, agile ( sending ups), filing. Of course stuff that we don't mind doing. Saying that they don't have a lot to do so instead of laying someone off (which who knows if that would happen anyways) he has them doing extra. Of course one person who complained they had nothing to do is now complaining she has too much to do. Rolling Eyes

Which means Dan has been doing all the pulling because it's big stuff while I do the wrapping and getting everything to bill, receiving the ups parcels, loading and unloading trucks. I so do not want to go in tomorrow. I now actually dislike my job. We don't even have a chance to catch our breath. Plus Justin says he will come out and help and hardly has. Sigh.......
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Hang in there Connie. Hopefully that new place will open up soon and you can apply there.

I'm so sorry you have to go thru such BS at work. Justin is a wimp.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Thanks, Ornery. I believe I will find the right agent too.
I wish you could find a job you really like and one that you look forward to going to each day.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 6:55 pm

I also have faith in Jude. It WILL happne.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 10:28 pm

I have faith that all of us will prevail in what we want to do in life.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 10:42 am

Six deer in our backyard this morning. So beautiful and graceful. And they didn't go near my newly replanted Lenten roses. Yayy!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 10:32 pm

Oh how beautiful is that?
They feel safe there. They know you won't harm them. That is so cool.
How is our sweet Mammacita? I so hope she is doing better.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 10:33 am

Mammacita doing very well. Thank you for asking. In fact she was asking me just the other day if you have any new books out. I told her you were working on one.

By the way, have you gone on Trumps twitter to sign up for the form to report being blocked on any social media site (in your case FB) for posting you views? I heard he's investigating social media for blocking people and there a free form you can fill out. He wants to hear from all people regardless of party affiliation.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 9:07 am

I don't do Twitter so I haven't heard about Trump's form. Plus I rarely watch the news.

What is sad is I used to enjoy my job at Wesco when we didn't have all this big stuff. The UPS freight driver keeps me informed about Atlantic Water Gardens. I told him I saw the ad in the paper but they don't accept applications after 4pm and I can't get there unless I take a day off. He said he would talk to them and get me an app. He is a sweet guy.

My concern is that they probably do not pay what I get paid now. But I will still fill one out just in case. I really don't want to leave Dan or Teri but I am tired of a wishy washy manager. Plus the heavy lifting.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? - Page 2 EmptySat May 18, 2019 10:02 am

Perfect example of how a poor manager can negatively effect the morale of the workers and cause them to leave. HE has done more damage than Kenny because he's ineffective and can't be relied on.
Back to top Go down

Spring has Sprung??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2