Spring has Sprung??

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

Spring has Sprung?? Empty
PostSubject: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 9:54 am

Finally had some decent weather on Saturday! Hoping today too! My neighbor and I cut one tree down and hope to do the other one this afternoon.

The rug rats were out all day! Except for when we cut the tree down. Raked up some leaves, neighbor rolled my yard, cleaned some leaves out of the pond. Saw 5 of the 8 fish I have. Hoping 2 of them are okay. 1 other has lost it's color. The pond "experts" said it would be okay but not sure.

Bulbs are starting to come up and bloom. So can't wait for warmer weather!!

Hope everyone is doing okay. Will have to yell at Teri for not posting on here yet. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 10:36 am

Well, I'm exhausted hearing about all you did yesterday! But that hard work pays off in your beautiful gardens and pond. By the way, I know nothing about fish but I bet you could find out about your colorless fish by Googling it.

It's getting warmer here too. The birds are singing up a storm and the bluebirds are checking out our birdhouses to see if they're good enough to nest in this year. They better be! Jon went to a lot of work sprucing up and cleaning their houses.

Hope you and the boys have another good day today.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Another gorgeous day here! Sunny and warm this afternoon after a cold morning.

Today the temporary cap on my new crown broke so I had to go back to the dentist so they could make another one for me. sigh. But now it's on and all is well. Hopefully this one won't break and the perm. one will come in soon.

Washed all my bedding and washed by bathroom floors so I feel like I accomplished something today in addition to getting another temp cap on my tooth.

Oh and Connie, you should see how nicely that creeping jenny is coming in in that big pot on my deck. There are still a lot of brown stems but plenty of thick green growth coming from the soil. Once it's all green I'll send you a pic. Also will send one of my lenten roses.

Oh and you should see my back yard...the money plants have beautiful purple flowers on them and they are all around the gorgeous purple blooms on the red bud tree they surround. Some of the ground cover they're growing among is also blooming some of it with little yellow flowers and some with tiny white flowers. But mostly the ground cover (2 different kinds) is just green/white and medium green. Most of the English ivy is gone now so the other two ground covers are taking over like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Please remember to put some pictures on here. I am glad the creeping jenny made it. I need to cut my old leaves off my lenten roses so I can see the blooms but lo and behold we are expecting 2 inches of snow tonight. GRRRRR!!!!!! It is mid 50's right now and rain but dropping. But I did lay some mulch down in some areas that needed it. Had the rug rats out even though Drake was grounded.

I let them out Thurs. after I got home from grocery shopping around 6:30 and about 7:30 I got them in but Drake. I looked every hour calling for him. I went in the house to go to the bathroom went out the door to put my boots back on and he comes strolling in at 11pm!!! Boy did he get a scolding!!!! Of course he acted like nothing was wrong.

I also got all my bulbs/tubers planted in pots until I can put them outside. They were starting to grow in the crawl space so I potted them up. I have Canna, Dahlias,Begonias, Elephant Ears, and I am trying Freesia this year. I ended up buying some plastic totes like shoe box size so I can keep them in there and put peat moss in. I used just cardboard boxes but I can't really keep them moist when I need to. Probably next week I will start some seeds inside. I want to try my hand at it.

I had my temporary crown fall off at work. I had to leave to get it fix. That made me mad because I lost pay. I also broke my glasses at work but I am not getting them repaired until my eye exam then I will take my script and go to my s.i.l.'s sister who does them. I will get them cheaper.

And I didn't went the powerball. LOl.

Don't forget to take pictures!!!!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 11:36 am

Okay I got the pic's on Jon's phone and I'll try to post them on here and if I can't do that I'll just email them to you. They might be coming from jjeppesen just so you know. Or I might just send them to myself and then forward them to you. You want them too Jude? Probably not.

I was disappointed in the pic's because the color of the money plants didn't show up well. They look kinda faded in the pic but so vibrant and pretty in person. I also sent you a pic of the birdbath and flamingos in my back yard. It looks sunny but when the leaves come out on the trees it's shady and that's why I'm limited in what I can grow out there. I'll go out later when it's not cloudy and take pic's of my lenten roses to show you. I'll lift up the leaves and show you the 'baby seedlings' if there are any.

Yeah it's going down to freezing here tonite too. What a bummer after such warm weather. I know that's common this time of year but I sure am sick of it.

Connie, I get my eyeglasses from eyebuydirect and it's soooo much cheaper. I have those expensive progressive lens (tri-focals) that would cost 400-500 locally (even at Walmart) but online I paid 83.00 and that's with all the extra's like glare protection, etc. My frames are only 9.00! Of course you can get more expensive frames but it just so happened the ones I liked best were only 9 bucks. You can 'try on' the frames by loading your photo on to their site and it will show any of the frames you like on your face!

So far this new temp crown is still in but I'm scared to eat on that side so I'm being very careful.

Drake was a bad boy but I'll bet he had fun! haha! He has no idea how worried his momma was. Cats can be real stinkers.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 4:21 pm

Well we got some snow this morning much to my surprise but it's all melted now and the sun is shining. This crazy Spring weather is something else. But it won't be long before the blazing heat of summer is here.

Tomorrow I go for my annual mammogram. ugh. Also getting a bone density scan. Keeping my fingers crossed that my bones are better, not worse.

Has anyone seen that new movie 'Unplanned'? I want to see it. I rarely go to the movies anymore but there are a couple movies out that I want to see and that's one of them.

Oh darn I forgot to post an April Fools Day trick on here....Oh well. Next year.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 6:47 pm

Haven't heard of that movie. I hardly ever see any movie trailers.

Of course we were starting to get some nice weather and now they are talking rain Thurs,Fri, and Sun. GRRR. Nice on Saturday I hope!!

Hope all went well with your appts. I still keep forgetting to tell Teri to get her butt on here. LOL
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Survived my mammogram and bone density tests. Now I wait for results. I'm sure all will be well.

That movie is about a former clinic director at Planned Parenthood who had to help with an abortion one day and after seeing what went on during an abortion she quit her job and became a Right to Life activist. The Left is not happy with this move and none of the main stream media will advertise it. In spite of that it opened to record numbers.

Sorry you're having crummy weather. We had snow yesterday morning but by afternoon it was gone and today it was sunny and warming up. Hopefully it will continue to warm. The only bad thing is now we're getting into pollen season and everything outside is coated with yellow pollen. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Wow, just found out an old friend of mine died. She was a music promoter and had worked for several record labels including Motown at one time. She has a wonderful outgoing personality. Apparently she was well loved in the music industry. Her Obit and the tributes written by music industry insiders were really something and included quotes from recording artists. Well, at least I think they were recording artists...I recognized the two names and assumed they were musicians but I could be wrong...I'm not real familiar with bands/musicians. Anyway, apparently they all loved her and knowing her I can see why. She was a force of nature. RIP Margaret Ann.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Bad Drake. Bad Drake for worrying your mama.
I can't watch movies such as that.
I am sorry for your loss, Little Buddy.
We have lost two friends in the last few weeks.
I wish people would stop having funerals and viewings and just have an urn to look at while having a celebration of life. But it is not up to me.
Sure I will be glad to have any pictures you want to send, Little Buddy.
Ta ta.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 9:46 am

I agree Jude about funerals. A celebration of life service is better. No casket...especially no open casket. I wouldn't want to be remembered that way, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 11:43 pm

I wouldn't want to be remembered that way either, Little Buddy.
I would just want to hurry home so I could come back as a spirit and scare the hell out of people.
Bad Jude. Bad Jude.
Hee hee.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 am

hahahahahaha! That doesn't surprise me!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 2:36 pm

It shouldn't as you know me.
I have been asked to do a reading. Not sure where it will be as the woman did not say. It will depend on where I am on what book I will read from.
If it is at the Catholic Church I doubt I will be reading about the furry little fuckers in the Rougarou Series.
God! I love life.
Love to all,
The Jude
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Uh yeah, that would not be good Jude. Hahahahaha! But kudo's to you for getting another reading. You go girl!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Have fun at the reading Jude!! You also crack me up. Makes my day.

I would have to say I would not watch 'Unplanned'.

Sorry to you both for your losses of friends.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 am

Thread Number 3 that I'm just now finding. Oh well. I'll have to look more carefully from now on. haha!

Jude and Connie, I'm curious as to why you wouldn't see that movie? Is it because it's against abortion?
Don't worry, I'm not looking to start an argument or a discussion about abortion. You have the right to agree or disagree with it.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 pm

I could never watch a movie about abortion. That is sick.
I just received a email telling me that my post on That is a lot even for me..has been answered. I can't even find where that was posted.
Love yous guys.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 9:06 am

The movie is about a woman who was once the Director of a Planned Parenthood clinic but quit her job and became against abortion after she saw what actually happened during the procedure. So its a true story about a woman who changed her mind about abortion and went on to warn people about Planned Parenthood. The Left doesn't want people to see it because they don't want people to know what Planned Parenthood really does. I want to see it because I want to support the Right to Life movement and I want Planned Parenthood and abortion to be exposed for how awful they are.

The reason you got that notice Jude is because yesterday I found a bunch of old threads that I'd never seen before...some of which were a year old...and I posted in them. So the thread you were notified about is buried somewhere. Probably in the Chit Chat section, although it could be anywhere because I missed threads all over the place!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 pm

I wondered why I had so many posts on the view new posts!! Carp pulled a Jude!!!

Carp, Yes I am pro abortion. I know it is ending a life but I feel it is a woman's right to do what she wants with her body. And considering how many children are in abusive households that get slipped through the cracks or a rape victim or how many children there are that need a good home I just can't support right to life. I do agree with banning late abortions. I feel that are so many tests out that tell you right away if you are pregnant or the day after pill that there is no reason for a late abortion.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 pm

I hear you and I respect your views. I used to feel the same. But unfortunately abortion has become abused and is now used for birth control and I don't agree with that. I only agree with abortion in cases of rape, incest or the life of the mother.

Planned Parenthood has performed over 332,000 that's THREE HUNDRED THIRTY TWO THOUSAND abortions last year. Think about that number. Do you know what a fetus does during an abortion? You would cry if you did. And not to mention many of those were later term abortions. To me that is murder. And our tax dollars are paying for it because PP is funded by the gov't.

Another 300 thousand abortions were performed by other Dr's etc. so almost 3/4 million babies killed last year IN THIS COUNTRY. I highly doubt those were all cases of incest, rape or to save the life of the mother.

That's why people need to know the facts about abortion. Maybe if they did they would think about it differently.

The one part of your argument that you failed to consider is this...birth control is free and readily available in this country so if a woman doesn't want to have a baby or can't afford to raise a child there is no excuse to get pregnant. Just use birth control.

And one more thing...there are years long waits for adoption becuase there aren't enough babies available for adoption so that is another option for women who don't want thier baby.

We may disagree on this topic but I completely respect your right to your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:46 pm

I hate planned parenthood because they sell the body parts of the aborted fetus.
Yes, there are many women who would give anything to have a child that they themselves are unable to carry.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 pm

You are 100% right about that Jude. They were caught on tape selling baby parts and fetal tissue. They are as bad as the Nazi's killing the Jews, gypsy's, Jehova's Witnesses, gays, disabled, etc etc.

Not to mention Planned Parenthood spends HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars each year supporting Dem campaigns and fighting Repub campaigns. Tax payer money used to support one party. Not very fair.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 am

Soooo. I get almost done mowing for the first time this year and my fricking lawn mower won't go forward and won't go in reverse!!!! Of course it can't be up close to the house but in the backyard and down at the base of the small hill. GRRR. Had my neighbor tow it up to the garage and Dad is going to look at it. I am going to try to convince him to take it to the dealer where I bought it.

I really don't want him working on it especially since he doesn't know what is wrong and taking weeks to fix it when the dealer might take a few days.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

PostSubject: Re: Spring has Sprung??   Spring has Sprung?? EmptyWed May 01, 2019 3:41 pm

Oh damn, that's a pain in the butt. I hope your dad can either fix it fast or will agree to take it in to the shop where you bought it. Is it a riding mower? I hope so for your sake. You have a lot of property to mow!
Back to top Go down

Spring has Sprung??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next