New member(s)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 6:55 pm

I sent a link to Teri to join. She has seen the link but hasn't come on here. I actually don't know what she can see if I don't approve her. LOL.

I see it's been pretty quiet in here. I don't know if anybody else wants to join. I don't know about Jackie or Tasha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.ourboard4.com
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm

Well I hope Teri joins! I doubt JL or Tasha would ever come here but I would welcome them. The only thing is we'll have to delete all the political talk because I'm pretty sure Tasha is a Dem and she might be offended by some posts on here.

By the way, if I'm offending anyone on here with my political opinions I will stop posting them. I know Jude agrees with me but Connie and Sibs, you two may not.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:05 am

I have seen where she has joined but no posts yet.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:20 am

Also kept forgetting to mention that I could not keep the free version of the forum. Found out they want you to try it or give it to you for a year free. So we have the next version up. Do not worry about the money. It was honestly not that much to upgrade. I just did not want to let you ladies not know about it.

They may offer it again for free but in actuality we have a bit more storage and price includes the ssl certificate and domain name which we paid separately last year.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 11:24 am

Not fair! Tell us how much more we owe you Connie!
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 11:32 am

Okay, I just sent you a copy..although it didn't come out very good...of the new page I get when I click on the OB link. Once I sign in it's the same as it always was.

One thing I discovered though is there was a thread I'd never seen before (about Stephen King) that somehow gotten hidden. So now I know to look more carefully for threads I might be missing.

I think it probably changed when you upgraded from the free version of the forum. I'll bet that's why it looks different.

Connie, you need to tell us how much extra we owe you for the forum. No fair that you should have to pay it on your own!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 3:48 pm

I got your email and you know my reply. Very Happy It really was not a big difference. It wouldn't allow me to click on the free forum and when I did some checking on the FAQ's site I found where they sometimes give the free site to newbies and once in awhile a steady forum.

I wonder how I made the Stephen King thread hidden. I can change that.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 7:19 pm

No, I don't think you made the King thread hidden. I think I just didn't see it!

If the extra cost is more than a few dollars you should let us chip in!
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Well I yelled at Teri and I see she still hasn't posted!!! But she is still having some bad days.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Poor thing. She's been thru hell this year so I can understand she may not feel like posting yet. I hope she comes on soon though.

Meant to mention this on the last thread I posted in....you're right Con about a blizzard out West. Today Denver got creamed with one.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 10:40 am

Glad we didn't get anymore snow. I feel for Nebraska who was suppose to get more of that rain/snow. They sure don't need anymore weather issues.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 1:54 pm

They are really getting it out West. We've had storms the past 2 days and another one coming today but then it's supposed to clear and be sunny.

Well, my boy arrived safe and sound in Shanghai and he found an apt already. He says everything there is fast...he opened a bank account in about 20 minutes and walked out with his debit card already! Here you have to wait for it to be mailed to you. He also said almost no one over there uses cash...you pay for everything by using your phone. So he loaded an app and now he's able to pay that way too. He hasn't started work yet because they're giving him time to get settled in.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Forgot to mention I just started reading a book called HOMER'S ODYSSEY about a woman who adopted a blind cat. The book is really about the cat. So far it's really good.

A few days ago I finished a book about a service dog for a wounded vet. It was called A DOG CALLED HOPE. Amazing book. I highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 pm

I am so glad your son is getting settled in and I hope he enjoys it where he is.
Those books sound really good.
Yep, South D and other states are still getting snow. Some of our passes have been getting snow, too.
Here in Moses it is supposed to get up to 70-degrees.
Trying to get a house again.
And I am not feeling well. It sounds as though I have adult croup. Jade and little Kash have the same thing. I may have contracted mine from my author friend when we did a book signing Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Well I hope you don't have croup Jude! Feel better soon!!! I remember hearing about Homer's Odyssey. There is one called Dewey that was dropped in a library return box and they kept him. It was good also.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 10:06 am

Read the Dewey books years ago. Good book. Homer's Odyssey is sooo good. I want that little blind cat so bad!

Jude I hope you don't have croup. Rest, drink plenty of fluids and get well. I'll say an extra prayer for you until you're better. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jude))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:50 am

How you feeling Jude?? Better I hope.

Dreary here. Rain yesterday and today. Sigh...

Thursday night around 10pm until 11pm I was out with a flashlight and shovel by the pond. I heard that "screaming" again and it clicked that it was possibly the mink that I heard awhile back. I didn't hear it last night but I am going to set a humane trap out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am

Oh that is freaky. I didn't know minks made that screaming noise.

Hey, I have an idea....I've heard about 'alarms' people put out to keep cats away from their house and what it is is a sprinkler that is triggered by movement so each time the cat comes into that particular area they are squirted with a spray of water. I've also seen the same thing only instead of water it triggers a bright light to shine on them. Ditto with a loud noise. It scares the animal away and after a few times the animal stops coming into that area.

I'll bet you could find something by Googling 'sound alarms' or 'stray cat alarms' or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 8:06 pm

I got the links you sent. They won't work. I don't want to scare my neighbor's cat from my pond, he likes to drink from it and so do my cats. Plus a mink loves water so that would not be a deterrent. My neighbor and I are going to put out humane traps.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Ahh I see. Yeah I understand why they won't work. So I hope the humane traps work and you can relocate those little critters far away!
Back to top Go down
Jude

Jude

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 6:10 pm

What a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Connie
Admin
Connie

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 8:59 pm

Supposedly my friend who lives down the road from me, actually pass my road but on a side street like me said their neighbor has a pond and saw a guy standing with a rifle aimed at the pond and shot at it and killed something. She said it might have been a mink. Hoping he gets them all!!! I haven't set the traps yet only because I am lazy which is sad.

Back to top Go down
DorisD

DorisD

New member(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member(s)   New member(s) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 2:32 pm

I thought you were going to say he was shooting at the fish in the pond!
Back to top Go down

New member(s)
Page 1 of 1